Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? dress texture problem :)

the topic is closed
04/10/2012 04:14:43

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Hi i was making a little um knitted suit for one of my characters and came across this issue tonight lol

The highlighting used on the skirts is well odd it appears to be an attempt at building wrinkles or something into the skirt. I tried everything its almost behaving like there is some texture underneath and not just mesh anyhow

here is her skirt my secretary is having a fashion issue

basically the uv map only lets her wear pants so i put the skirt on and just made a well a square texture and slapped it on no highlighting or anything and I got this result not sure what is going on to be honest to me it looks like an attempt at building in wrinkles onto the skirt but it kind of failed

04/10/2012 11:41:24

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
This has been a bit of an issue for a while now. Doesn't seem to happen all the time, on every skirt. The lighting you use seems to exaggerate the effect too, so it's worth seeing how it looks in different lights.
04/10/2012 18:54:09

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lol okay thanks i was hoping it was "new" and it was fixable. Anyhow its a night scene (foggy nightime so it looks like that unfortunately)

I will just keep continuing since i like her little knitted suit

I am actually only seeing all these problems in this low light scene so I can pretty much say at this point that if you use coloured ambient light and low light and tri directional light and realistic shadows your going to experience all the little muvizu idiosyncracies hehe
edited by urbanlamb on 04/10/2012
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? dress texture problem :)