Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Use unreal maps with Muvizu...

the topic is closed
21/03/2013 11:14:43

marietto2008
marietto2008
Hello boys. Since Muvizu has been built from unreal engine,can I use / create unreal tournament 3d maps ? Where can I find them ?
21/03/2013 15:59:49

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hi marietto2008,

You cannot create Unreal Engine maps using Muvizu.
The engine is the starting point, but the end product is not like the Unreal Tournament games or the UDK.

To create maps for those games you need to access the Editor, Unreal Tournament, Gears of Wars or the UDK will be what you are looking for.

Cheers,
Marco
21/03/2013 16:14:58

marietto2008
marietto2008
Hello. Yes. I've got a map from unreal UDK,I've converted the map from udk to obj and now I'm trying to import it with google sketchUP. When the operation will be complete (its very slow : do you know a faster way ?) I will export the map to ASE and I will import it into MUVIZU. What's the advantage of all these complicated steps ? That I have access to a large database of nice maps...
edited by marietto2008 on 21/03/2013
21/03/2013 17:22:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
hi there

if you have the obj file you can import via blender as well using the plugin

they just upgraded their udk plugin (i liked the older one) this one seems to crash more anyhow it works

https://code.google.com/p/ase-export-vmc/

These guy use unreal engine but they are not part of that commercial operation that created unreal tournament which is actually Epic games. All that stuff is copyright by epic games meaning they dont hold a license to use their architecture. Muvizu is muvizu and its owned and created by digimania. To be honest importing into muvizu from other engines is actually pretty easy. Unreal engine is simply that an engine anyone can purchase a copy to it and make their own products from it.

http://www.unrealengine.com/licensing/faq/
edited by urbanlamb on 21/03/2013
21/03/2013 20:49:52

marietto2008
marietto2008
I have a problem. The exported ASE file of the epic citadel is 300 mb large. Instead,the original OBJ file is 60 MB. When I try to import it inside MUVIZU it says that the memory is not enough. What should I do ?
22/03/2013 00:27:16

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lol that is huge even to start with. Obj files are often not triangulated ase exporters will double the face count of an obj file. Personally I would say you need to optimize that model for use it seems rather large I would assume it has an inside as well? you might want to start deleting things inside. Whatever happens your going to need to reduce the obj face count. I dont know what your using to import if its sketchup maybe someone else can explain. I also wonder if all these parts are joined into one mesh as well. Muvizu requires everything to be on single continuous mesh. From the sound of it this is a unit that has moving parts and other things.

Anyhow so that is where the size change often are and depending on how the textures and materials are being handled. This can add more. Not knowing how its built to start with its hard to know what all the causes of the size are however 60mb for a single item is well massive
22/03/2013 23:13:04

marietto2008
marietto2008
Since the epic_citadel.ase file is too large,I thought to reduce the complexity by importing the main components of the city in a separate way. I can the split the city piece by piece and I can export one ASE file for each part of it,then I will import the separated ASE files inside MUVIZU. Problem is that I don't know how to cut the city in small parts because it is a very complicated project,check by yourself :

www.montedivenere.it/images/Cittadella.jpg

If I cut the city in a wrong way,the file will be not accepted by SketchUP anymore...any ideas ?
edited by marietto2008 on 22/03/2013
23/03/2013 01:32:24

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
This is just a generic answer for modelling in general but your going to likely have to redo all the materials. Save the file as is. Choose a building and delete the rest of it (i would import it building by building muvizu is intended for you to build the sets from the ground up) save that building under a different name. Then You will have to redo materials so that you don't get any errors inside muvizu and associate the uv maps to the new materials so that the textures work. If that is the obj file its already triangulated and I dont know how the exporter works but usually there is an option to not recalculate faces and whatnot which would help keep it from increasing in size.

This is a huge task and often its simply easier and faster just to do it from scratch although the model is already looking okay (assuming its only got one layer of mesh)

I personally would use the file as a visual aid to recreate my own from scratch building by building. Your going to need to learn about collision inside muvizu in order for this to import.
edited by urbanlamb on 23/03/2013
23/03/2013 08:00:37

marietto2008
marietto2008
Is there a MUVIZU video tutorial that explains collisions ?
23/03/2013 14:07:48

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Try here :

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/21578/Sketchup-collision-made-easy-in-Muvizu-3D-ani
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Use unreal maps with Muvizu...