Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Do you know good .obj conventer !

the topic is closed
10/05/2013 12:50:15

Dwarf
Dwarf
Hi all, like you saw, I pretty like to model stuff with Muvizu.
Hi usually use some engineer software like Creo Parametric 2.0 to model everything I saw around me

But the problem is that I dunno how to find a good CAD to .OBJ conventer.
Creo already propose to export set I model in .obj, but like you can see on the DS, it's not perfect. So, I wanna know if you know good free CAD conventer or other free CAD software that can allow to convert in .obj

It's hard, I usually made a lot of research on it and try a lot of software, but the result is never what I espect. So, if you know some, TELL IT TO ME PLS

Thank you Cool
10/05/2013 14:18:42

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
There are 2 ways I try to covert formats to something that can eventually get into Sketchup (and therefore .ase files) :

1 Bring into Daz (free 3D poser-type program) and export as .dae, then into Sketchup, or...

2 Use Biturn, a great little program that lets you convert most formats into each other - you can find it here
http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1

Hope that helps
10/05/2013 16:36:05

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
You can convert an object file inside blender I created a tutorial to do this. Cad files are usually insanely vertex heavy as they are not designed for use in game engines only visualization work and use cpu power to process them. So I dont know how successful you will be with making objects in such software. Its similar to the issues that sketchup have only worse

This tutorial sort of breezes over optimizing objects for use in muvizu and the paramaters you should be looking for when using objects for muvizu.

10/05/2013 17:20:15

gimmick
gimmick
For use into Sketchup, you can find some scripts like OBJ importer and ASE exporter
10/05/2013 22:28:26

Dwarf
Dwarf
urbanlamb wrote:
You can convert an object file inside blender I created a tutorial to do this. Cad files are usually insanely vertex heavy as they are not designed for use in game engines only visualization work and use cpu power to process them. So I dont know how successful you will be with making objects in such software. Its similar to the issues that sketchup have only worse

This tutorial sort of breezes over optimizing objects for use in muvizu and the paramaters you should be looking for when using objects for muvizu.

I already do this, but I don't know why, but when I'm using Blender, it's not working as good as it should work, and I have invisible parts
11/05/2013 07:05:54

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
invisible parts is likely flipped faces. The faces are turned inward and mesh is one sided. If you use the ase exporter make sure to check the texture before exporting on the mesh and repair any flipped faces. Also uncheck the option to recalculate normals and remove doubles. Do that work manually to avoid making more work for yourself.
11/05/2013 13:30:12

Dwarf
Dwarf
OK, THANKS Urbanlamb
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Do you know good .obj conventer !