Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? [Request] Tutorial about stop motion in Muvizu

the topic is closed
09/07/2013 13:11:49

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
I discovered PigsTV and was blown away by there style... I had noticed some movements in some of theree clips wich I did not know how to do.
I figure it's stop motion. And in some clips it looks as if some stuff is done to the characters that can only be done by remoddeling bits of there body?

To the point: I hhope somebody could make a muvizu tutorial on stop motion.

There is this one clip where one character is hitting a pinata (Spanish)with a stick, the stick moves at different angles (seems impossible with the regular pointing/hitting actions) So I figured they must be altering the camera AND use stop motion...they are insane.

So a tutorial would be nice..

PS: I am from Holland and there is a similar joke in Dutch and this clip actually translates the wordjoke PERFECTLY
edited by PatrickDFTBA on 09/07/2013
09/07/2013 14:44:35

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
This is just regular computer animation, not stop-motion, and the joke is an adapted version of the old Abbott & Costella "Who's On First?" sketch:

It seems unlikely we'd incorporate a stop-motion tutorial in Muvizu in any way, since we'd rather our users just animate characters in the app, but if it's something you're interested in then there are already plenty of tutorials online you can check out!: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=stop+motion+tutorial
09/07/2013 14:52:08

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
i dont have time for a tutorial but here is how i did the phone actions

i used two motions in each case

the animation for the telephone pickup and hangup in miscelaneous
and angry fist

i had two models of the phone one with the receiver attached and the cord in a position it would be if it were on the hook
and one (well an attempt at it) with the cord dangling and the receiver as a seperate objects

for the pick up the receiver i filmed 4 clips - 2 with the two different animations and the phone on the hook and then 2 with the phone off the hook.

I imported it all into a video editor and started arranging the frames in the clip to cut off the phone action before he hung up the phone and add the final action of angry fist at the end of that animation. I then had to worry about the half way point of when the phone is coming off the hook. I then spend some time moving back and forth over the clip and nudging it around until it looks (more or less) like the phone receiver has come off the hook as his hand is moving up to the make fist. I dont know if there is a lot more to say really its a matter of deciding if the audience will notice the switches or not after that.

In the end once you learn how animation works inside any piece of software you soon realize that all animation is just automated stop motion

I myself probably wont ever make a tutorial on this as I just dont have the time for it all and had to start refusing to do things otherwise I would never make another video again. All it is s some creative editing and playing with motions inside muvizu until you come up with a combination that if you edit out the unwanted frames will become what you need it to become :0

Stop motion is more of a "work around" instead of a good solution and what people tend to do once they hit the limitation of whatever animation software they are working with eventually muvizu will have a better way to do this and I no longer will need to resort to stop motion to pick up the phone
edited by urbanlamb on 09/07/2013
09/07/2013 15:42:43

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
This is just regular computer animation, not stop-motion, and the joke is an adapted version of the old Abbott & Costella "Who's On First?" sketch:

Lol, in Holland we also have something like that: Hoelang is een Chinees? (Howlong is a Chinese guy? not as funny in English)

Thank you
edited by PatrickDFTBA on 09/07/2013
10/07/2013 16:12:26

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
PatrickDFTBA wrote:
Lol, in Holland we also have something like that: Hoelang is een Chinees? (Howlong is a Chinese guy? not as funny in English)
That actually still works quite well in English! Well, I laughed!
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? [Request] Tutorial about stop motion in Muvizu