Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Map Alpha to........

the topic is closed
05/09/2013 15:00:43

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
hello muvizu people, i have a question about the Map alpha to bit on the importing thingy. i understand "None,Opacity,Opacity mask and Emissive" but what are the other ones for? and is it possible to import a model with just one part of it emissive and the rest of it normal? for example a light with just the bulb bit glowing. cheers
05/09/2013 17:07:29

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
It works the same as assigning opacity mask on the emissive parts which doesnt work so well because of how muvizu handles material layers. YOu should be able to assign spots for being emissive in the same way you apply the opacity mask (by using an alpha layer in your texture) same idea but I have never gotten it to work properly.
05/09/2013 20:14:37

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
ok i get that , so how do you make a texture emissive?
edited by fazz68 on 05/09/2013
05/09/2013 20:31:13

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
i just set to emissive they glow they dont like shine brightly i made a sign a few times with it. The problem is that it seems to onl ywork properly if you have a single material (same with the opacity mask i made a door once using it but I could only use a single material) so basically sketchup uses one material per well side of something even if its the same texture if its say a block with 4 sides and all the same texture it uses 1 material per side so it doesn't work properly. About as close as i could get with multiple materials was to use dark colours like black on the parts i didnt want to emit any real glow.

However the opacity masking and emissive works like the ID textures you use a single material and texture for the entire object so you would designate an area of that single texture with an alpha channel layer. Hopefully that makes sense I dont know how much you know about making a mask and assigning certain areas of it to be alpha and other parts none alpha. Anyhow the piece you define as being alpha will emit light. The problem is though that your limited to a single material and a single texture in order to achieve this effect. I have no clue how you would go about doing it in sketchup because it doesn't seem to let you define materials and assign textures to them.

If you watch the video on id textures they show you its basically that but you would add the mask to show one of those areas as being transparent but intead of it showing as transparent it would show as emissive. I can only get away with more then one material with opacity mask everything else requires me to take limit it all to that one single material.

I hope that makes sense. I spent awhile experimenting with it and got it to work but realized that it was not very practical for my purposes because i wanted to animate textures which meant I had to use more then one material so i just used black and dark colours. I then used the setting set alpha to emissive. (not the setting set alpha to emissive or opacity or whatever .. that requires one material for the entire object)
edited by urbanlamb on 05/09/2013
05/09/2013 21:06:28

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
yeah i get the set to emissive part, ive made a few light bulbs hanging down for a few videos and using a black texture for the bit you dont want to shine works ok for that type of model. but i was trying to make a proper light fitting for the ceiling that had the bulb bit glowing and the actual housing for the light still acted like normal so it would show the shadows. if its done in the actual model making when you add textures to the model then without learning to use blender i probably wont be able to do it.
i just wondered if you could actually make an emissive texture to add to the model once its imported into muvizu. kind of like when you make an Opaque png texture. but thanks anyway mate its probably just as well i cant do it, i have be distracted from animating for weeks now and this would just be another one Big Grin
05/09/2013 21:16:18

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
haha yeah its possible to make a light its just you need to slap everything on one material. That's the trick I have done it once i realized "oh i need to use one material" after that is not hard but it takes time because you have to be able to make a nice and proper uv map and stuff. I know I have made a few items for ziggy simply because the uv map ability was something that was not in the sketchup it was some pluggin or other that cost money and to be quite honest paying to use a feature in sketchup is well a giant rip off. Better to spend the money on something that works better. (or learn blender that works too)

I thought I should make a few things for the gallery I noticed a bug though that is a very age old visual bug with sorting and to me it didnt look very good so I never bothered again. This is not a bug that is really the fault of muvizu though its something common to this software type. So I kinda tossed the idea aside

I feel old now because this alpha sort bug has been around since like forever and brought me back to like another decade ^^ :0
edited by urbanlamb on 05/09/2013
17/11/2013 03:36:40

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
GhostLamer wrote:
I can only get away with more then one material with opacity mask everything else requires me to take limit it all to that one single material.

Really? Could you elaborate on that, since it makes no sense at all? Or don't spammers check to see if anyone has responded to their pish?
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Map Alpha to........