Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+)

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | the topic is closed
11/10/2013 22:35:52

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
No Dylly, that the Wookiepedia (real site, I kid you not)

yes there is indeed a wookiepedia lol its all about you know star wars and wookies and stuff
edited by urbanlamb on 12/10/2013
12/10/2013 12:55:12

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
The new attachments feature means we could have a lot of new hairstyles
12/10/2013 13:50:22

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Cool!
12/10/2013 15:04:59

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Danimal wrote:
bigwally wrote:
What test version?

It was just before the change to "Muvizu Play." They asked us not to show the feature in any videos as it was just a Proof of concept. A few days later they sent us a second test version without the feature enabled. I wish I could be more specific, but that's all I've got.

I am a tester and they never sent me a thing. No messages, no nothing.
12/10/2013 15:54:22

MrDrWho13
That's very strange...
12/10/2013 20:09:10

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
bigwally wrote:
I am a tester and they never sent me a thing. No messages, no nothing.

I don't think I ever even downloaded it because I didn't want to have a feature I've always wanted but not be able to use it. Now that we have to pay $250 for it, I'm pretty sure I'll definitely never be able to use it.
12/10/2013 20:34:14

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Hi, Danimal, long time no see, ha ha, I get you about the price tag at the moment but I think Muvizu HQ will not let their prize hardcore Moguls down.
I simply cant afford the full monty at the moment, but I cant wait to use the new features.

Ok, here is my view, my two penneth.....

Could we have a new Slender guy?? I love Sinister but hes in a fixed hunched pose which I cant use for a thing I,m doing. Just drop those arms please, Ta.
I love the attachments, but could you we have animations to complement them? A Must....

Thats all for now, busy setting up this new square box thing with pretty lights and R2 D2 sounds.

Peace... art
12/10/2013 20:44:56

MrDrWho13
artpen wrote:
Thats all for now, busy setting up this new square box thing with pretty lights and R2 D2 sounds.

Oooh, sounds good!
beep beep boop
12/10/2013 23:29:25

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Seems like They've decided to charge £150 for something that still needs beta testers like me ? Are you well off people who can afford this, truly happy ?
12/10/2013 23:29:27

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Seems like They've decided to charge £150 for something that still needs beta testers like me ? Are you well off people who can afford this, truly happy ?
13/10/2013 00:35:51

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
chuckles wrote:

I'm certainly not "well off" as you say but I did have a few dollars saved back for something like this. Am I truly happy with my purchase? Yes I am. I've been using Muvizu almost from day one and although I haven't posted any animations to the Muvizu site for quite awhile I am still using the program regularly.

It's worth the price to me to own the full commercial rights to the animations I create. The extra features are a nice bonus too.
13/10/2013 00:43:53

Clam
Clam
Totally with mysto on this. Super relieved I don't have to pay per minute--I'm a tightwad. I do VERY simple quick animations for my website created for children--so simple I've never posted them here because they are just stock characters with nothing much in the way of camera movements, etc. The Muvizu software works great for me so far.

Tom
13/10/2013 00:55:18

Danimal
What exactly do you have to purchase then?
13/10/2013 01:38:46

Clam
Clam
Danimal, do you mean me? If you are asking what I purchased, it's the eternal license for Muvizu:Play. If you're asking why, it's because I have a website for kids and I'm trying very hard to not be a "doorway" to the Internet for them. That means I don't post any links outbound (no YouTube vids for example) and no logos from software providers if I can help it. Muvizu of course required me to keep the logo; now I don't have to and that alone is worth the money to me. I do give credit at the end of most of my vids to Muvizu, the various music apps I use to score the vids, thanks to people who made props and so on. If your question was for me and I haven't answered it, lemme know.
edited by Clam on 13/10/2013
13/10/2013 02:46:35

Danimal
That answered it, yes. Thanks.
13/10/2013 22:51:45

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
mysto wrote:
chuckles wrote:

I'm certainly not "well off" as you say but I did have a few dollars saved back for something like this. Am I truly happy with my purchase? Yes I am. I've been using Muvizu almost from day one and although I haven't posted any animations to the Muvizu site for quite awhile I am still using the program regularly.

It's worth the price to me to own the full commercial rights to the animations I create. The extra features are a nice bonus too.

I am no millionaire. I am a cheap so and so as a result of not being a millionaire but I have one vice and its pixels i dont drink, tv sucks, I dont smoke and I live in jeans and t-shirts most of the time so my "mad money" which is not that much really gets spent on this sorf of thing. I am soon to retire (all be it early) for health reasons but I suspect I will always be putting my money into this sort of thing. Before this I would spend my money on the concrete equivalent of paints, clay, plaster what evers. I always enjoyed drawing, painting and making something 3 dimensional so now i do it with pixels. As I get older its less messy then those other "old methods" i used in my 20's plus I dont need an entire basement of a house anymore I can do it in my office and i dont have to waste time cleaning up the mess every night
edited by urbanlamb on 13/10/2013
14/10/2013 06:21:37

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
hi just noticed that the scrollbar on the materials/textures list on imported object appears to be missing there is a main scrollbar but I dont seem to be able to find the scrollbar anymore to scroll through the textures etc. in play + just noticed as i went to try to access something
14/10/2013 07:24:11

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
hi just noticed that the scrollbar on the materials/textures list on imported object appears to be missing there is a main scrollbar but I dont seem to be able to find the scrollbar anymore to scroll through the textures etc. in play + just noticed as i went to try to access something

Strange, it works for me.
14/10/2013 08:12:19

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
MrDrWho13 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

Strange, it works for me.

yup got it working its not guestimate my screen area properly basicaly

okay i have finished playing with the fbx import into muvizuzu using a "from scratch house model" and its not bad really but its also not straight forward (unlike the ASE) in order to get all the materials to work you need to run it through a udk editor and I am finding the axis are not working correctly but possibly i am tired i just started farting with this starting at midnight anyhow ...

using "free stuff" here is the method someone else wrote it down so i am too lazy to rewrite it now I can't see any other way of getting the fbx to work unless you use a tool that well costs money so these instructions work http://krisredbeard.wordpress.com/tutorials/tutorial-blender-to-udk-player-model/ for those one a 0 dollar budget right now hehe.

what you need to do is build the model and place the collision box inside using blender and export in fbx as normally this is how you get the collision into the model then you edit the material layers in the udk editor and the udk editor will format it properly. the udk editor is free and available from unreal engine i use a commercial thingy or iclone 3d exchange now that they built in the unreal paramaters into that I see no point in keeping anything else up to date... anyhow um the udk editor works fine

so that is how its done the only thing is that when I add collision (not sure why i must have screwed something up but did this quickly) the thing formats in muvizu no matter what axis I choose for facing upwards as y axis up so my house its like sideway if i click the box to keep it upright hehe .. i dont know if this is a bug or not right now lol and since the file was just a quick test cause i am a very curious person I dont want to send it to muvizuzu yet.

anyhow i hope that helps I wont be able to do anything fancy in a video tutorial for another few days.. too much work

I know fazz is trying to figure out blender so i figured i would post this in case he gets more curious again

now is fazz brave enough to give that method a shot Big Grin

oh just adding i tried this with blender 2.69 I have no clue how this works in 2.68. The fbx importer indeed seemed to work in 2.69 so if you want to add collission to your models you import your fbx model add the collission box and then bring it into the udk editor to get the material stuff back the right way. (hopefully that makes sense) its just a lot of clicking and button pressing but I am used to that when it comes to adding bump maps and such.

erm here are the udk forums you can find more info's there
http://forums.epicgames.com/forums/372-UDK-General-Development?s=89a8415b60b3fb86968a93f278ec2e49

here is the udk editor page http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/

sincerely yours with extreme geekiness and love and hugz
"the old bag urbanlamb"
edited by urbanlamb on 17/10/2013
14/10/2013 18:44:13

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
erm more words for me i am unsure in one case if i am looking at a bug or its just the way muvizu is going to work with fbx now i got this result regardless of how i imported the house into muvizu so its not a blender bug (not a big deal really) so here is this infos

so after making sure i wasn't messing something up no matter what axis i had facing up and forward once i added my own collision it imported sideways

but if you put in enough collision of course to have it decide which way to sit on the ground it will bounce around and land on the collision you have built in. If i use just a tiny cube as with the ASE settings it will end up sideways and I will have to mess around with it but i can get it to lay on the ground the right way by building in enough collision into the base to get it to fall that way. This peculiar but possibly intended? lol

and for use in blender unless i am missing clicking something I can't get the normal maps to import but I am assuming this is just a blender issue so i see no way around using some form of udk editor to finish the job. These are the settings i am getting by using blender only so its not bad the added spec maps etc dont seem to want to import correctly using blender unfortunately those will need to be added via another piece of software.

anyhow done fiddling i dont know if i can show anyone how to do this proficiently I will add to the wiki what settings to use unfortunately I can anticipate a lot of people getting upset because its not straight forward and so they will indeed need to learn how to model and understand materials and blender. I dont think this can be done mechanically without people getting lost in the process.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+)