Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Character Movement

the topic is closed
20/06/2014 15:34:00

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
Hey guys!
OK, so I'm having a lot of trouble with character movement...It just seems to be sooooo touchy and inconsistent. I've watched the tutorial and what not, but my characters just are not following the lead of my mouse or they just aren't moving at all. Would having a large set affect this? Please give any and all advice on this matter!
edited by JudyJohnson on 20/06/2014
26/06/2014 21:22:55

devious
devious
I'm just like you. I am having issues with my characters
not responding fluidly. Hope to hear some advice on
the subtleties of motion.
27/06/2014 00:10:22

video567
video567
are you on the play+ ? not that it matters. what hardware are you running? i read somewhere its memory intensive so you need fast computer. mine i dont even know what it is. i use my laptop but it runs ok. it slows down when i add alot of items. I am currently building a set of an old mexican show El chavo del Ocho and its like 25 megabytes and its starting to slow me down
27/06/2014 13:32:39

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
Yes, I'm in play+. On an Acer desktop with Windows 7 and Intel Core i5 CPU.
Video567, how can you tell how much memory you have used in Muvizu? I don't think I fully understand the way that Muvizu stores things/operates in that aspect. I just make my stuff and haven't really thought about any limitations like that!
Devious- I have found that grouping objects together seems to help somewhat. As does doing parts of your sets at a time and recording, then doing another part of the set or scene in a different movie and then combining with editing software when finished. It doesn't seem to be as strenuous on it.
edited by JudyJohnson on 27/06/2014
04/11/2014 15:01:55

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Character movement is tricky and you should play around with it to get the hang of it. As for being a resource hog, the biggest offender there are the lights. Hit F12 to go into non-lighting mode and things will pick up considerably.
07/12/2014 17:56:51

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Newbie54 wrote:
.. there are no problems with the program that processes
your credit card for payment.

A bit harsh (but bloody funny! )

D
08/12/2014 13:27:25

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Newbie54 wrote:
Character movement Bug has to be fixed before I buy it and not by pushing f12

Hmm, I'll have to go back and see where I said that F12 would fix character movement. Still reading... still reading... still reading...

Well, I'll let you know when I find it.
24/12/2014 11:51:58

Newbie54
Newbie54
Danimal wrote:
Newbie54 wrote:
Character movement Bug has to be fixed before I buy it and not by pushing f12

Hmm, I'll have to go back and see where I said that F12 would fix character movement. Still reading... still reading... still reading...

Well, I'll let you know when I find it.

Got movement settled now my characters run all over the place with no locking.
21/03/2015 16:11:03

dkadagian
dkadagian
I have an issue with character motion path. When moving my mouse for direction the cursor itself moves too quickly to control - the curser always points in the same direction unlike in the tutorial which makes turning much more difficult/inaccurate. I am operating on a virtual machine (VMware) with the latest windows and mac (8.1 and mac yosemite) operating systems as well as the latest Muvizo release. I have tried different mouse - one bluetooth and one direct usb connection. I have reduced tracking and scrolling speed on both the windows and mac sides. It slows both when moving mouse prior to recording but has no effect once recording paths. The click for straight line works fine. Any advice?
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Character Movement