Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? "General protection Fault!"

the topic is closed
20/08/2010 10:50:02

CowsPetYeti
CowsPetYeti
General protection fault!
History: GImage::GImage() Address = 0x10b69479 (filename not found)
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x10b38d1a (filename not found)

I created a curved road peice, it spawned underneath the floor and fell to into nothing. This message came up, forcing me to quit Muvizu. It's happened a few times now and is getting pretty annoying!
20/08/2010 10:57:38

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi CowsPetYeti,

Sorry you are having trouble - I have also experienced this in the office (you can do it with any road piece or the hills) - the Devs are aware of it and are looking for a solution.

I would recommend creating any road pieces a little farther away from the ground - that way they will be above the ground when they spawn.

Take care,
-Jim.
20/08/2010 12:02:40

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I've been getting the same error message lately. It seems to me that the more characters and objects I put into a set the more likely this error occurs. When I kept my sets fairly simple I had no problems but when I decided to make my sets more detailed this error pops up from time to time.

It is a bit frustrating but it's an issue that I'm sure is being looked in to. I still LOVE using Muvizu!

I am putting the finishing touches on my entry in the Muvizu prize competition at the Raindance Film Festival. I really don't have any expectations of winning anything but it sure is fun working on my project. If people enjoy watching what I create then that is the greatest reward I can get.
edited by mysto on 8/20/2010
edited by mysto on 8/20/2010
20/08/2010 12:16:18

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again Mysto,

Sorry that is happening, unfortunately that error message is a pretty generic one - you would be amazed at how often it shows up in the development builds (the Devs manage to get most of them fixed before release)

If it's occurring in different circumstances from CPY's I would recommend sending us your log and .dmp file - you can get them by going to:

C:\Program Files\Muvizu\MuvizuGame\Logs or C:\Program Files (x86)\Muvizu\MuvizuGame\Logs if you have a 64-bit OS

If you can grab the log and .dmp and e-mail them to bugs@muvizu.com along with a brief description of what you were doing we can have a more detailed look at it and hopefully get to the bottom of what's causing it on your machine.

Good luck with the contest.

Take care,
-Jim.
edited by glasgowjim on 8/20/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? "General protection Fault!"