Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? importin fbx files

the topic is closed
19/01/2015 13:37:00

Pegasus01
Pegasus01
(Account inactive)
Hi!
I have created some tree with forester lite (purchased today) and i have exported the tree as fbx format now i have loaded the model in muvizu
the model show very well but the branches with the leaves is shown not transparent! i see the plane in dark green, now i have played a little around with other programs like milkshape3d, and exported it as ASE, now in muvizu the tree looks ok! now the question because if the model is exported to FBX format the branches and the leaves are not transparent? I have checked the textures of the branch with leaves with photoshop and they are transparent, i don t know, are there some trick that I do not know?
19/01/2015 16:13:45

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
muvizu for some reason does not have the alpha transparency map for fbx so trees have to be imported as ASE. You can use FBX for anything that does not need a transparency map as I have found it does not recognize them even though it has a slot for it
19/01/2015 18:18:52

Pegasus01
Pegasus01
(Account inactive)
Thank you urbanlamb! is a little of work but could be done, i must export the models in collada format then open it in AC3D, export it as Obj format in milkshape the export from milkshape as ASE. then it work Whaaaaa? ok, there are some question about the muvizu but at time, would be nice if some functions could be implemented from the programmer, if i create any plants and import in muvizu i could not give the sway function.
or?
20/01/2015 16:06:50

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
no they dont behave like the other plants they stay rigid

blender has an ase exporter if you want to try that but you said blender confused you so maybe you dont want to try
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? importin fbx files