Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? king's mantle

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
13/07/2015 09:44:36

lkelemen
lkelemen
(Account inactive)
Hi,

I'd like to make a king character with a mantle from "fat man" but it does not have a mantle. The super villain cape would do it. How do I transfer the cape to "fat man"?

thanks
Lajos
13/07/2015 10:16:34

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Unfortunately you can't transfer the cape because the newer characters are rigged differently to the old ones.

If you don't mind a cape that won't have the flowing effect - so just a solid object - I think there's one for the fat man. Alternatively you could make on in sketchup/download one from the 3d warehouse/ask someone else to make one which you could then import.

I hope this helps,
MDW13
edited by MrDrWho13 on 13/07/2015
13/07/2015 22:21:45

lkelemen
lkelemen
(Account inactive)
Where can I find the cape for the fat man?
Where can I find instructions how to make a cape by myself?

Thanks
Lajos
13/07/2015 22:51:42

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
lkelemen wrote:

Thanks
Lajos

I'm not at a PC with Muvizu at the moment, but I believe there's a cape in the 'neck' section unless that's just for the generic man character.

I'm not sure where you'd start with the designing of a cape, but you will need Google Sketchup 8 and the Muvizu Ziggymesh plugin:
http://www.filehorse.com/download-sketchup-make/old-versions/
http://rodneyandberty.com/downloads/

For the designing part you could ask people like Ziggy72, Fazz68, or Rebel to name a few.
20/07/2015 19:22:50

lkelemen
lkelemen
(Account inactive)
MrDrWho13 wrote:
lkelemen wrote:

Thanks
Lajos

I'm not at a PC with Muvizu at the moment, but I believe there's a cape in the 'neck' section unless that's just for the generic man character.

I'm not sure where you'd start with the designing of a cape, but you will need Google Sketchup 8 and the Muvizu Ziggymesh plugin:
http://www.filehorse.com/download-sketchup-make/old-versions/
http://rodneyandberty.com/downloads/

For the designing part you could ask people like Ziggy72, Fazz68, or Rebel to name a few.

I would like to use Carrara and FBX import. Is that possible?
20/07/2015 19:43:33

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)

Yes this is possible if you use play+ you need the correct version of FBX. Technically if you use carrara you just need to get the autodesk converter which is free and bear in mind that since its unreal 3 certain properties may not be supported by muvizu

however you should be able to export with a properly uvmapped object the following layers
diffuse map
normal map
specularity map
opacity map (sort of) it doesn't seem to support a true map but you can use materials and assign opacity properties to an object based on the material layer.
Emmissive is also supported

its FBX 2012 I think .. again I forget this because it was long ago that i looked up that info.

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/143/
edited by urbanlamb on 20/07/2015
20/07/2015 23:07:59

lkelemen
lkelemen
(Account inactive)
urbanlamb wrote:

Yes this is possible if you use play+ you need the correct version of FBX. Technically if you use carrara you just need to get the autodesk converter which is free and bear in mind that since its unreal 3 certain properties may not be supported by muvizu

however you should be able to export with a properly uvmapped object the following layers
diffuse map
normal map
specularity map
opacity map (sort of) it doesn't seem to support a true map but you can use materials and assign opacity properties to an object based on the material layer.
Emmissive is also supported

its FBX 2012 I think .. again I forget this because it was long ago that i looked up that info.

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/143/
edited by urbanlamb on 20/07/2015

Why do I need the autodesk converter?
Thanks for the wiki link.
21/07/2015 00:26:18

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lkelemen wrote:

Why do I need the autodesk converter?
Thanks for the wiki link.

In case the fbx version that carrarra exports as is not the one that muvizu recognizes so you will need to convert to fbx 2011 or 2012. I think they upgrade carrarra from time-to-time so its possible that its the wrong version of fbx but this is easy to fix.
edited by urbanlamb on 21/07/2015
22/07/2015 19:13:41

lkelemen
lkelemen
(Account inactive)
I made a test mantle in Carrara.

How to make the kings arms not to penetrate the mantle's material ?

How to make the mantle "flowing" like the super villain's cape ?
22/07/2015 19:26:30

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
okay soft cloth and those physics is not possible (yet) to turn on this is something they really need to add. After I posted information I thought to myself "i wonder if he knows that there is no soft body physics yet"

anyhow yes this is the problem with assets in muvizu at the moment we are quite restricted to solid mesh.
23/07/2015 01:52:31

lkelemen
lkelemen
(Account inactive)
urbanlamb wrote:
okay soft cloth and those physics is not possible (yet) to turn on this is something they really need to add. After I posted information I thought to myself "i wonder if he knows that there is no soft body physics yet"

anyhow yes this is the problem with assets in muvizu at the moment we are quite restricted to solid mesh.

how does the the super villain have soft clothes?
23/07/2015 03:38:46

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
This is done by muvizu central its not a player created asset. So like animations and importing characters we cant do soft cloth because they have not implemented it for users.
23/07/2015 08:24:37

lkelemen
lkelemen
(Account inactive)
thanks
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? king's mantle