Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Character Proportions

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
06/08/2015 15:41:36

cperg
cperg
I have just started with Muvizu. I am not sure if my question is new to the group. All of the characters but one or two has a disproportionate larger head size. The two that I have found are Rosie and Mandy. These two characters seem to have a more natural proportion. When used with the other characters they make them seem comical.

One of my original concerns was that the characters were comical and I now realize it is from the disproportionate head sizes. Are Rosie and Mandy the first attempts at getting more realistic characters into Muvizu?

I would think if the developers of Muvizu could add a head proportion quality to the existing characters my concerns might be over.
06/08/2015 17:14:45

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Cperg,

Yes there is some history here.

When Muvizu was first released all characters were the "potato Heads". They then added things like the dog, skeleton and Stickman.

Then there was a change of direction and Beefy/sinister and Heroine appeared.

They have since added a couple more of these more lifelike characters - Rosie and finally Mandy.

Personally I prefer the old potatoes myself, but head proportion would be a great way to vary their look.
06/08/2015 17:20:29

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I believe this would be easier to implement for the new characters because the older ones are made of one whole mesh, whereas the newer ones have 3 separate meshes (Top, middle, bottom).
That's just a guess, so I think this is one of those cases for muvizu where creating a new realistic character would be easier than re-engineering the older ones.
06/08/2015 17:35:56

cperg
cperg
I am glad to get this info. Thanks for your input. I can't even imagine use of the two proportionate characters with any of the others since they stand out as being so different. I understand that many of the users have found the "potato heads" very useful. In my situation the less laughable the character the better. Even sinister is a character right out of a cartoon or a comic book. I know these have their place. I actually am applying Muvizu to corporate videos. I guess to get the level of professional characters I will just wait. Perhaps another way to get around this is to understand the tech that support their characters and perhaps build a few. There is a great deal of technology that goes into these characters. I am just wondering if the product would ever expose a UI for creating our own characters from scratch?
edited by cperg on 06/08/2015
06/08/2015 17:54:02

ukBerty
Considering you have only just started you've got to the "can we import our own characters" quickly

Next you'll want importable actions, way-points and dragons !
06/08/2015 17:54:44

MrDrWho13
shhhh, don't mention dragons.
06/08/2015 19:01:50

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I believe this would be easier to implement for the new characters because the older ones are made of one whole mesh, whereas the newer ones have 3 separate meshes (Top, middle, bottom).
That's just a guess, so I think this is one of those cases for muvizu where creating a new realistic character would be easier than re-engineering the older ones.

they have made 2 uvmaps on 2 material layers but its one mesh for a character(err there might be a third uvmap/material for the head). There might be a second mesh involved with clothing layers but I would be very surprised to find out a base model character is not a continuous mesh. I would think though that the clothing is just a morph of the base mesh done in something like zbrush. (except maybe where there is a skirt or something they add a bit more mesh on top kinda hard to morph legs to a skirt LOL)

If anything the older characters have more then one mesh for a base character. Ears, head, eyes,nose. The newer models obey more modern constraints and are more classic in that all the body parts are on one base mesh.
edited by urbanlamb on 06/08/2015
06/08/2015 19:14:34

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
ukBerty wrote:
Cperg,

Personally I prefer the old potatoes myself, but head proportion would be a great way to vary their look.

yes i too think this would be a good way, along with working on their uv map designs, to get much more variation of characters.
Loving this exciting period of muvizu development and the business of the forum.
06/08/2015 21:27:47

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
MrDrWho13 wrote:
shhhh, don't mention dragons.

who would want a dragon ...sheesh!

D
06/08/2015 21:28:15

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
unicorns also!

and an orc
06/08/2015 22:16:15

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Realistic human's and dragons, of course goes without saying, but Unicorns? Having said that Australia all out for 60 before lunch?...Miracles do happen!
06/08/2015 22:31:10

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
and a spider.... or ant..... i could do some good things with an ant.... or a spider..... or both.....
06/08/2015 22:49:10

cperg
cperg
To be more specific. I downloaded the product as a trial about a year or more ago. I decided then to forego purchasing a license because of the character types. Just wanting to revisit this past week decided to purchase this time while listening to the exposed hype surrounding the idea of improvements.

Being a developer for over 30 years and having experience with computers mainframe to mini to micro I tend to push the envelope. So if it is too soon for suggestions I apologize. But from my experience the true measure of the value someone places in another person process product or idea has to do with involvement. If I had no interest or believed the product to not be of some worth or to be not able to reach near my expectations I would simply just walk away and not care.

Adding my few measly dollars to the project definitely does not give me the right to demand but I would hope it to be a better result than indifference.

BTW a demeaning response shows a great deal about the tenor of a site. Perhaps you would just wish no one else would buy it?
06/08/2015 22:56:39

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I saw no demeaning responses most of us are just silly. Personally in my case i have asked them to open things up so we can import entire characters. I have also asked them to revamp their entire camera system among other things.

There are a lot of shall we say englishmen and scotsmen around (not sure which is worse really) and they tend to have an interesting brand of humour. Having grown up with a typically english father it has rubbed off on me even though I am very very canadian. ON the other hand my very european jewish mother he could get rip roaring mad with his english humour .. it was an interesting family life LOL. Anyhow I didnt see anyone put anyone down just a bunch of englishmen, scots and australians be silly.

Basically everyone in this thread agrees with you in their own way just have to be you know silly about it. Myself included.
edited by urbanlamb on 06/08/2015
06/08/2015 23:30:00

MrDrWho13
Oh yes, I absolutely agree with urbanlamb (interesting to hear about your background by the way).
Sorry if my post offended you cperg - I was really just thinking out loud about the easiest way for them to implement this. (The talk of dragons is a sort of inside joke/tradition started by Dreeko)

On a related note- I'm sure the ability to either create or import characters is coming, but it is probably at least 2 years away.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 06/08/2015
06/08/2015 23:31:45

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
and a crab.....
06/08/2015 23:40:49

cperg
cperg
Been around too long to be offended. I appreciate the sentiment however. Thanks for the initiation into the forum guys. Looking forward to some great creation in Muvizu over the next few.
07/08/2015 06:39:28

ukBerty
cperg wrote:
BTW a demeaning response shows a great deal about the tenor of a site.

Oh no. That's the trouble with written responses, sometimes it's difficult to get the tone across....

There are some thing we all want included in the software. It was meant as a compliment that you got to one of the most popular requests so quickly. We've been asking for years.

I must admit I did pause before posting in case the sarcasm (towards Muvizu) could be taken the wrong way, so apologise if you thought it was directed at you.

It's really not that kind of a forum.
07/08/2015 07:05:25

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
On our visit to Muvizu Towers to celebrate the release of Muvizu Play+ we were given a tour of the offices and a demonstration of the new software. Gasps emanated from the assorted users and Moguls, the poor chap demonstrating thought our reaction a little over the top and the flow of his demonstration faltered as he slowly craned to see what his audience was actually watching. You see...we had spotted the concept drawings of horses which were pinned to the back wall...that...and the buffet...and let's not forget the liquid hospitality! Buddies
07/08/2015 15:15:51

cperg
cperg
LOL a good looking horse might help with a business vid. LOL
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Character Proportions