Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Dreeko's soft toon shading?

the topic is closed
11/09/2015 01:17:19

CloudNinja
CloudNinja
Hi Dreeko & MZu forum - I've seen (& marveled) at Dreeko's clips & love the "soft" toon shading found in clips like these:

Thanks to some tips I got from ukBerty, I turn ambient lighting off & do my own lighting plus I have been playing with the "Depth of Field" settings on the camera...but it still does not look quite "toony" enough - like this flat-out-amazing Amun Ra clip (ukBerty): http://rodneyandberty.com/?page_id=5
Is it because Dreeko's scene are all dark? But even if so, they still have that soft-glazed-toon-look...like this:

Is it because of some sort of post FX software touch up?
Thank you, thank you!!!!
.cn
11/09/2015 10:21:23

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
There are a few things you can do to make your scene look like this, but it's mostly about playing around until it looks right.
You've already started using your own lighting - this helps immensely.
  • Set your shadows to "realistic" or "custom" in the edit environment menu and play with the sliders - Ziggy tends to whack up the shadows to 100% sharpness.
  • Make sure you have anti aliasing enabled in the options and also set the output to HD.
  • When you render, choose either uncompressed video or tga to get the best output (The Microsoft codec tends to over-compress the colours)
11/09/2015 15:29:16

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Hi,

Thanks for your interest.
Just to confirm -

All lighting in the videos were made in Muvizu. No third party effects used to achieve the look shown.

I had lighting tutorials uploaded previously but for a variety of reasons I took them down. The videos shown are well over two years old. Now that Muvizu has improved further I could make the lighting better again.

Hopefully I'll be able to make more tutorials (and sketches!) for this and other aspects of Muvizu soon.

Cheers
D
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Dreeko's soft toon shading?