Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? 01/10/2105 Release Feedback

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
23/10/2015 09:51:54

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Oh - and also.....

When you copy an object could it maintain the layer from the source object. At the moment it will default to the background.
23/10/2015 10:28:54

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
ukBerty wrote:
And please, please allow groups to appear in the layers windows - you have no idea how tedious this is !

I've just had to ungroup around 100 groups and move single objects manually......
edited by ukBerty on 23/10/2015

If you right click and edit the group, you can set the layer of all the objects within that group at once, you don't need to ungroup and change them all individually. I hope that helps.

We're still discussing what to do about this and we think we have a solution but it might not make it in time. As you can imagine we're very busy trying to sort out the key framing and that's currently taking priority.
23/10/2015 10:31:19

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
ukBerty wrote:
I've just had to ungroup around 100 groups and move single objects manually......
ukBerty, If you right click and edit the group in the world, when it shows you the common properties one of those will be the layers. You can set the layer for the entire group there without having to ungroup, assign and regroup objects.

Sorry if it's too late and you've already done everything you need to do.
23/10/2015 10:32:17

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Drat, Neil beat me to it... Double
23/10/2015 10:57:47

ukBerty
mcmillan-ra wrote:

Bum
23/10/2015 11:49:50

ukBerty
ukBerty wrote:
mcmillan-ra wrote:

Bum

Actually ungrouping is still probably quicker. Cntrl-A to select everything and then keep pressing Cntrl-shift-G to ungroup. Then they all appear in layers and I can mindlessly go through them one by one.

I have 100+ groups in the set so finding them all and editing would be very time consuming.

All done now anyway....
25/10/2015 21:50:47

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
MP3's only import for the first 8 or so seconds, then cut off. WAV files aren't being recognised that previous versions recognised. Converting the WAV files to PCM 16bit Mono works, so maybe Muvizu doesn't like stereo any more.
26/10/2015 06:24:59

ukBerty
Back to layers.....

I would like a tickbox on the render screen to "Render all layers as one".

Why??

So DOF does not work with layers anymore - that's fine. It's you're using layers then do DOF in your compositor.
But sometimes to speed things up it would be preferable to use Muvizu's DOF.
But if you have everything separated into layers for other, more complex, shots then unless you move everything back to a single layer (see earlier posts) the DOF will still screw the shot up.
You could switch back to AVI files, but only if you're beneath the 2GB limit.

The solution would be to have a simple "Render all layers as single layer" option when rendering to flatten everything and prevent a load of unnecessary work.
26/10/2015 11:33:00

ziggy72
Wasn't there always going to be some kind of 'flat' render option? If not, I'm with ukBerty - we don't need all the layers all the time...

Another thing that would make the whole rendering processing a bit easier is to have a drop down box (on the Make Video window, next to Layers maybe) to select which camera to use, rather than having to go back to Prepare Camera Cuts. I think we need this since we have so many cameras to work with (potentially).
edited by ziggy72 on 26/10/2015
02/11/2015 06:42:15

ukBerty
Another little one, but a big time waster...

The "separate shadows" tick box on layers does not seem to save with sets.
02/11/2015 11:37:12

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
ukBerty wrote:
The "separate shadows" tick box on layers does not seem to save with sets.

Ta for that, we're getting it fixed.
05/11/2015 15:24:40

JamieExperimental userMuvizu staff
Jamie
ziggy72 wrote:
MP3's only import for the first 8 or so seconds, then cut off. WAV files aren't being recognised that previous versions recognised. Converting the WAV files to PCM 16bit Mono works, so maybe Muvizu doesn't like stereo any more.

I've got a bug in for this now. I don't know what is causing it though.
05/11/2015 15:25:08

Jamie
ziggy72 wrote:
Wasn't there always going to be some kind of 'flat' render option? If not, I'm with ukBerty - we don't need all the layers all the time...

Another thing that would make the whole rendering processing a bit easier is to have a drop down box (on the Make Video window, next to Layers maybe) to select which camera to use, rather than having to go back to Prepare Camera Cuts. I think we need this since we have so many cameras to work with (potentially).
edited by ziggy72 on 26/10/2015

This should be coming in the next update.
05/11/2015 15:26:00

Jamie
ukBerty wrote:
Back to layers.....

I would like a tickbox on the render screen to "Render all layers as one".

Why??

So DOF does not work with layers anymore - that's fine. It's you're using layers then do DOF in your compositor.
But sometimes to speed things up it would be preferable to use Muvizu's DOF.
But if you have everything separated into layers for other, more complex, shots then unless you move everything back to a single layer (see earlier posts) the DOF will still screw the shot up.
You could switch back to AVI files, but only if you're beneath the 2GB limit.

The solution would be to have a simple "Render all layers as single layer" option when rendering to flatten everything and prevent a load of unnecessary work.

Is this the same issue that Ziggy was having or a separate issue with DoF?

Ziggy's issue was fixed by going to version 353 of the NVidia drivers.
05/11/2015 17:43:13

ukBerty
Jamie wrote:

Is this the same issue that Ziggy was having or a separate issue with DoF?

Ziggy's issue was fixed by going to version 353 of the NVidia drivers.

Not sure - I just know that it doesn't work. I'm on 358.87 and I still get this.....

Interestingly all these characters are on the same layer - so I don't know why some have the ReadyBreak glow and some don't - let me know if you need the set file.
05/11/2015 21:32:55

ziggy72
The latest nvidia drivers don't seem to work well with Muvizu in some circumstances, and it's not really clear why that should be. I'm still using Windows 7, same codecs, same everything else as I've ever used, but with the 358 drivers I get glitches on my video renders (with Muvizu v1.5, never happened with v1.3). Like Jamie says, I fixed it by just letting Windows put in it's default nvidia drivers after a clean uninstall of the latest drivers.
09/11/2015 18:20:59

ukBerty
And another little frames one....

If you select separate shadows and then disable that layer to render, it still renders the shadows. May not sound bad but it overwrites your previous shadows which you may have set up differently. And it wastes some time....
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? 01/10/2105 Release Feedback