Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Importing Audio files

the topic is closed
19/10/2015 11:12:04

Zita
Zita
I wonder if some one can shine a light on a problem I suddenly got when Importing MP3 audio files.

As of yesterday when trying to Import any audio file it only imports exactly 8.11 seconds no matter what size the file is. Normally I can Import aduio files ok but suddenly now I can't. The processe I go through to make an Audio file is.

1. Record in Audacity ------> using a good mic
2. Export to MP3 format
3. In Muvizu go to Prepare ----> Audio -----> New ------> double click on the audio track -----> click Import and choose the MP3 file
4. Check the file by using the play button audio sounds good but only 8.11 seconds have been Imported.

Has any one had this problem, If so how did you fix it ?.
I'm using Windows 10, just incase it matters.

Thanks in advance
Zita
20/10/2015 11:38:23

JamieExperimental userMuvizu staff
Jamie
Send me the mp3 file at support@digimania.com and I'll have a look and see what I can do Zita.
25/10/2015 21:47:44

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Same problem here - can't see past a few seconds of the MP3 on the timeline, it just cuts off. Got round it by re-saving my WAV files (which Muvizu recognised in v1.3, but now says it's an unknown format) as PCM 16bit Mono. That works, at least
26/10/2015 10:45:34

Zita
Zita
@ziggy72 They are looking into the problem not sure if it's from export settings or some thing Muvizu is doing as said by Jamie in an email.
For me exporting as a WAV file is working but makes the files x3 bigger.

At lest we know they are looking into it

This is a strange one indeed. I've never seen anything like it. I get the same result with both MP3 files, 8.11 seconds long.
I tried changing the sample rate and bit depth but that had no effect.
I then exported them as WAV files and they worked fine. I'll have another look at this, this afternoon and see if I can figure out what configuration setting is causing this (my other MP3 files are not having this problem, so I assume its a config setting on export...).
If I can't work out what is happening, I'll pass it off to the development team. Someone else might know what the issue is - either with the MP3 or Muvizu.
Regards,
Jamie.
26/10/2015 11:29:58

ziggy72
Making them into WAV files does increase the size, but unless you're really pushed for memory it's not going to effect anything too much. And at least they work
26/10/2015 17:04:26

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I'm working on another music video and so far I have not come across Ziggy's problem. I'm using an mp3 file for the music track. Everything is going fine for me so far.
26/10/2015 17:19:43

ziggy72
Codecs mate, it's always bloody codecs...
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Importing Audio files