Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Lock an Object to a Character

the topic is closed
18/11/2015 16:37:15

Steven547
Steven547
There is a really interesting video posted about how to make object come alive by locking them to a character. Question is, how do you do that? How do you "lock" an object to a character like the video shows in the gallery? Make it appear a ball is walking, etc...

Thanks.
18/11/2015 16:45:25

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
This only works with imported objects- go to the character edit menu and for many of the sections (hands, arms etc) there is an option to import something to that slot. This locks the item to that individual body part. If you don't have any .ase or .fbx assets of your own you could just download some free assets from the store. http://www.muvizu.com/Store
07/12/2015 04:50:56

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
To continue one of my themes... ;-)

I think the ability to lock an object to a character is the key to creating quadraped characters. It would be possible right now if there were a special-use character consisting of just legs ( attached to whatever imported object serves as the animals body)

The front and hind legs could be animated separately, and kept in sync by dragging on the timeline to keep them together

It would also be REALLY useful if there were a separate MOUTH object (just as there are separate noses, ears and eyes) that moved in synch with dialog text. Having a mouth that could be moved around to wherever we need it would open the door to creating all sorts of different creature heads that could talk.

Currently, putting a horse head on a character would cover his mouth, dramatically limiting that character's usefulness with dialog. But if an animated mouth could be positioned at the end of his snout... PROBLEM SOLVED!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Those are my requests:
animated legs and mouths that can be used by themselves as character attachments.
---------------------------------------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 07/12/2015
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Lock an Object to a Character