Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? installing MUVIZU to a USB drive...

the topic is closed
06/12/2015 01:17:34

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I saw a recent post about the number of installations that are allowed with Muvizu. Seems like the answer was two. Here's a related question:

The cost of USB drives has really come down lately. Is there any reason why a person couldn't install MUVIZU to a terabyte USB drive, then use it on a number of different computers?
06/12/2015 08:52:12

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
If you mean leaving it on the USB drive then yes I think you could, but not to use at the same time. I think it's mainly to stop users installing one licence on classrooms of computers.
But that's just a theory, you could always ask support if none of the staff reply here.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 06/12/2015
06/12/2015 11:08:55

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Pretty sure this won't work - when you license Muvizu looks at elements in your PC like Windows does. If you change too much hardware then the license will detect this and you will have to license again.
06/12/2015 18:07:37

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
ukBerty and MDW are correct, when you activate Muvizu it identifies the PC that it's running on. If you put the USB drive into another PC, the licence information would be incorrect and it would either run as an unlicensed copy, or would refuse to run (I can't remember which and can't check right now).
06/12/2015 20:36:30

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
But couldn't you just ask for more uses for the licence key,I mean I bought the software, and there has been a time to where I ask for more uses on my licence key when I ran out, but it seems like we should get Unlimited uses, or do we have to have to buy the software again?
the topic is closed

Home ? General Discussion ? installing MUVIZU to a USB drive...