Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Is this possible...?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
31/12/2015 00:25:03

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I'm using the blob to make a variety of new characters by modelling bodies appropriate for each creature

That works fine as long as the legs don't extend past the bottom of the blob. But I'd like to have an attachment that forces the blob to rise off the ground by the height of my collision object so the creature's feet look like they are on the ground, and the blob begins at the top of the legs. So far, I've created models that work when I import them on their own, but as soon as I attach them to the blob, the blob's physics override my collision object and the legs get pushed below the ground

Does anybody know if it is possible to make leg attachments that lift the character that is bound to them?
31/12/2015 00:32:18

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
no. as soon as you add attachments they lose all collision with the ground. for instance if you made a set of stilts for a character the stilts would attach to the body at the foot but the character would still walk as normal with the stilts under the ground.
31/12/2015 00:38:10

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
unless you had a really small ground plane under the character to lift him off the ground. but animating the ground plane to move with the character might be a bit difficult but not impossible. although with keyframes it could possibly be easier? dunno never tried lol
31/12/2015 00:49:02

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
you could build a scene taking the fact that the blob is x inches/metres whatever over the ground and move your collission up and compensate that way when you make objects you can put the colission wherever you want if you know how

so if you wanted him to be 6 feet off the ground and walk through a street like that you could build the streets and whatever other props so they lie on the ground but move the colission up for the object to the level the guy is walking on. This is not difficult if you understand how to build collission in muvizu but it would look strange I am sure lol because any props on the blob would move the way the blob does so would be pretty unnatural looking but that is how I would do it if I were trying to do this in muvizu.

The problems come when your trying to get them to move vertically and horizontally at the same time in the air.. it doesn't work so well but if the height is fairly constant and predictable you could use this trick with collission basically all your props would have to have floating enabled or you can make the collission at the ends of the props hit the ground plane so that they rest on the ground and raise the rest of the collission up above that
edited by urbanlamb on 31/12/2015
31/12/2015 00:54:22

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
or.... lol.... build him a walkway of invisible ground planes to walk/blob on.
edited by fazz68 on 31/12/2015
31/12/2015 01:13:12

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
yes or that

just build the set around the character to compensate for whatever wierdness you are creating
31/12/2015 05:02:58

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Thanks to everybody for the various insightful responses. First of all, to Fazz, for describing perfectly what I've been running into (makes me feel somewhat less crazy) Some combination of all the other ideas will give me something to play with until I understand how all this works.

--------------------- follow - up -------------------------

I just tried the invisible plane idea and it worked perfectly!
edited by PatMarrNC on 10/01/2016
31/12/2015 14:56:50

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
When doing things in animation anywhere really. Its good to be an "outside of the box" thinker to solve problems.
edited by urbanlamb on 31/12/2015
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Is this possible...?