Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? saved favourites won't reload

the topic is closed
10/01/2016 02:36:53

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Hmmm... the other night I stayed up for hours loading sets with characters other people created, then saving them as favourites. Today, none of them will spawn... I get an "unknowm format" error. has anybody ever seen this before? If so, is there a known cause? I'd hate to do this again because of some dumb thing I'm doing....

Sometimes I get the feeling that in life's dialog box of preferences, I need to uncheck the tick box for IDIOT (but I can't find it)
10/01/2016 03:29:41

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
that unknown format error usually appears when something is trying to load from a different version of muvizu. ie sets are not backward compatible. but as you've loaded the sets ok and saved the characters it shouldnt really do that so i dunno?
what sets did you use?
10/01/2016 18:53:02

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
fazz68 wrote:
that unknown format error usually appears when something is trying to load from a different version of muvizu. ie sets are not backward compatible. but as you've loaded the sets ok and saved the characters it shouldnt really do that so i dunno?
what sets did you use?

I may have been using the last stable version when I saved them... but they won't reopen in the latest version. Seems like if older sets can't be opened in newer versions then the whole store would be rendered obsolete every time there's an update.

As far as the question of which sets I used... just about everything in the store that includes characters (which is why it took all evening. ;-(

I've had some other situations since then in which characters I've saved as favourites won't spawn. Also the set in which they were saved won't reopen, with a message like the one we've been getting after making head moves & timeline edits. I wonder if the problem they've been trying to track down and fix might have a connection to character favourites... possibly being the element that won't load....?
10/01/2016 19:48:53

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
older sets should load in newer versions. its only when you save a set in a newer version then try and open the set in an older version that you would get that error. it might be worth sending those files to support to see whats the matter.
11/01/2016 08:03:33

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I think you nailed it, Fazz! Tonight, all of those favourites opened with no problem in the latest version... so apparently what happened is that I saved them in the latest version, then tried to open them in the last stable version. I like it when things turn out all right!

(I appreciate your help, Fazz!)
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? saved favourites won't reload