Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? You have to pay for anything

the topic is closed
09/02/2016 07:45:56

mintychips3
mintychips3
Really? When I used it before you had a lot more options on the free trial and now you can't get anything really, just a few things. I installed it, played it and realized you had to pay to get anything done them I immediately uninstalled. I know you're trying to run a profit but you're losing customers. Thanks for taking your time to read,
Sincerely,
An ex muvizu user.
09/02/2016 09:09:47

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
You can do everything you used to be able to do, except import objects I think. Is this correct?
It's a one-time payment of £25 to support the small team that make this software so you get unlimited object importing and watermark-free rendering as well as a few other improvements. (A significantly lower price to other similar animation systems)

Sorry if this to too much to ask,
MDW13
09/02/2016 15:28:51

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
I think the options for the free version have been curtailed rather severely recentlyWhaaaaa?.
The only positive for those who economically struggle is the price of play + on occasion has been reduced even further to £12.50p which is an absolute steal.
Keep your eyes peeled around holiday times.
09/02/2016 16:23:41

MrDrWho13
drewi wrote:
I think the options for the free version have been curtailed rather severely recentlyWhaaaaa?.
The only positive for those who economically struggle is the price of play + on occasion has been reduced even further to £12.50p which is an absolute steal.
Keep your eyes peeled around holiday times.

You have just sparked an idea for me. How about a small £5 or £10 play+ which has object importing object abilities for ase like it used to. Hmm... There are a couple of problems with this idea but I'll report back if I consider anything that doesn't have these flaws. Interesting....
The idea of a modular programming brought by the content packs has slightly broken the concept of play+.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 09/02/2016
09/02/2016 18:00:48

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Good marketing is based on good psychology. There are scientifically proven ways to influence human behaviour, and that is essentially what marketing does.

One principle of human behaviour is "positive reinforcement", which states that behaviour that is rewarded is likely to be repeated. This principle works only when a behaviour has already been acted out, and THEN rewarded.

Rewarding behaviour that hasn't happened yet is not positive reinforcement... it is bribery.

Bribery yields much less predictable results, because once the reward is received there is little incentive to perform the behaviour; And that's the key problem with giving the product away in hopes that the recipient will pay for a few more features.

This is different than having free accessories available to people who have paid, because that really does provide an extended and continuing reward to everyone who has bought the premium product.

The way positive reinforcement manifests when you give stuff away is that it rewards people for NOT spending money, and it reinforces in their mind that begging for more free stuff is what gets results. This logical death spiral is what undermines the financial stability of companies and governments.

Indeed, I fear the world is already so submerged in debt that was accrued in order to give things away today in hope of a future payoff that will never come... well.. that's a whole new rant. Time to stop.

In summary, there's a reason why most software companies offer timed demo versions that stop working after a while unless the product is bought. A timed demo lets people see if the product is compatible with their work style, but it doesn't undermine the company's sales by giving away the product. And it makes a huge statement about the perceived value of the product.

Its a variation of the old saying "Why buy the cow if you are already getting the milk for free?"

standard disclaimer: This is all presented as my personal opinion, not as universal truth. Your mileage may vary. I'm a grouchy old man. Get off my lawn!
09/02/2016 18:48:12

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
Good marketing is based on good psychology. There are scientifically proven ways to influence human behaviour, and that is essentially what marketing does.

One principle of human behaviour is "positive reinforcement", which states that behaviour that is rewarded is likely to be repeated. This principle works only when a behaviour has already been acted out, and THEN rewarded.

Rewarding behaviour that hasn't happened yet is not positive reinforcement... it is bribery.

Bribery yields much less predictable results, because once the reward is received there is little incentive to perform the behaviour; And that's the key problem with giving the product away in hopes that the recipient will pay for a few more features.

This is different than having free accessories available to people who have paid, because that really does provide an extended and continuing reward to everyone who has bought the premium product.

The way positive reinforcement manifests when you give stuff away is that it rewards people for NOT spending money, and it reinforces in their mind that begging for more free stuff is what gets results. This logical death spiral is what undermines the financial stability of companies and governments.

Indeed, I fear the world is already so submerged in debt that was accrued in order to give things away today in hope of a future payoff that will never come... well.. that's a whole new rant. Time to stop.

In summary, there's a reason why most software companies offer timed demo versions that stop working after a while unless the product is bought. A timed demo lets people see if the product is compatible with their work style, but it doesn't undermine the company's sales by giving away the product. And it makes a huge statement about the perceived value of the product.

Its a variation of the old saying "Why buy the cow if you are already getting the milk for free?"

standard disclaimer: This is all presented as my personal opinion, not as universal truth. Your mileage may vary. I'm a grouchy old man. Get off my lawn!

What He SaidGood Posting
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? You have to pay for anything