Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Edit DefaultEngine.ini?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/02/2016 11:46:45

braj
braj
It looks like you are able to determine a lot of settings here that you can't otherwise, maybe change the max resolution on something like the skydome. I dunno. Has anyone delved into these? Typically, gamers are all over stuff like this.
21/02/2016 15:28:08

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Hey Braj, I'm really enjoying reading your various observations. Your enthusiasm for the product really shines through! There's so much negativism in live as a whole (and on computer forums in specific) that it is a breath of fresh air to see whole-hearted positive vibes being radiated.

Regarding the .ini file, you may be right about the gamers. The answers you seek might be found on a gamers forum. Keep us posted if you find anything!
21/02/2016 20:23:17

braj
braj
Yeah, I am hoping some magical setting that will allow armature imports or something amazing pops up, lol. But anyhow, I backed up the file just in case I break something.
21/02/2016 20:42:10

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
just saying.... if you poke around in the workings of muvizu to much they might not be too impressed and might take your licence away...
its not really like a game that they want to be modded by users. at the end of the day this is their livelihood and i imagine anything that might be uncovered in the way extra importing of things ie... characters, actions etc etc by users of the software enhanced by us and thus lose them income might be not welcomed by them.... just saying like
edited by fazz68 on 21/02/2016
21/02/2016 21:43:22

braj
braj
Yeah, I considered that, but I think ini files open to the user should be ok. Anyhow, I'll stop just to be safe, though taking my license away would be a bit much. I'd have to say 'screw you guys' loudly if that happened.
21/02/2016 21:48:31

braj
braj
And actually I recall them directing someone to edit an INI file for something, keybindings maybe, so I don't know that they would be upset.
21/02/2016 22:12:17

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
braj wrote:
And actually I recall them directing someone to edit an INI file for something, keybindings maybe, so I don't know that they would be upset.

depends on what you find to mess with Big Grin
dont get me wrong, you can play around in the workings of muvizu as much as you like, it make no odds to me, just be a wee bit careful of what you might change/find. if you do find the magical switch that allows you to import armature then i know they would be quite upset.
try importing a fbx file with no model info on it. you will get an error message about not being licensed to access that feature or words to that effect. these things have been explored or are still being explored by muvizu. who knows what they have in the pipeline? all im saying is be a bit careful
21/02/2016 22:17:50

braj
braj
Sure. But in case they are listening, I would love a special developer version that opens it up a bit more, lets us make custom animations, even for some to sell them in the store etc. I look at the market and what seems to drive most companies is selling content, and Muvizu just doesn't have much yet for sale (I gave them as much money so far as I could!) and opening it up to more user-based content that really goes somewhere (not just a new hat) would be really wonderful, and IMO better for their business. Just saying I want to see Muvizu as successful as possible, and that IMO is going to require more content. Did I mention I want a dragon?
21/02/2016 22:18:38

braj
braj
I am willing to pay more for a more powerful version.
21/02/2016 22:40:59

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
braj wrote:
Did I mention I want a dragon?

as do we all mate and everything we have asked for. will it come? cant answer that, im just the same as you. theres nothing id love more than a muvizu pro version to do everything i want to do. i hit the muvizu wall of not being able to do what i want a long time ago and theres only so many work arounds that you can do without becoming frustrated...
muvizu has a tendancy to go quiet for a long time. then they burst into activity again Big Grin

hopefully that burst of activity will be soon..... do you hear me muvizu gods????
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Edit DefaultEngine.ini?