Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? User store

the topic is closed
24/05/2016 16:10:45

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Has there ALWAYS been an eye beside the number of views for each user asset in the store? I ask because I just noticed that number represents VIEWS... I previously thought it represented how many times an asset had been downloaded.

It would be cool if there WERE some kind of download counter so we could see more easily what types of things people find useful. I suppose in a way the view counter does that... but it isn't dependable enough to help contributors track their sales.
24/05/2016 16:26:50

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
You cant really tell how useful it is from the downloads either. There used to be a rating system too, but I think it was removed sitewide with the youtube api changing. I may be mixing it up with the gallery though.

Oh and the original creators can track their sales on their accounts.

A download counter would help for a sorted list though.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 24/05/2016
24/05/2016 23:27:53

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
Has there ALWAYS been an eye beside the number of views for each user asset in the store? I ask because I just noticed that number represents VIEWS... I previously thought it represented how many times an asset had been downloaded.

It would be cool if there WERE some kind of download counter so we could see more easily what types of things people find useful. I suppose in a way the view counter does that... but it isn't dependable enough to help contributors track their sales.

Shoot I wished it was counted by download, just think how much I would of made...
27/05/2016 10:18:37

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
PatMarrNC wrote:
Has there ALWAYS been an eye beside the number of views for each user asset in the store? I ask because I just noticed that number represents VIEWS.

Hi, the number has actually always indicated the number of views however the icon beside it used to be a downward pointing arrow. We changed it to an eye recently as that makes more sense. We may show a download count in the future, though.

clayster2012 - You can see how many you've sold by going to 'My sales' in your profile.
28/05/2016 21:38:39

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Thanks for the clarification, Ian!

By the way, I just noticed that on this page ( https://www.muvizu.com/Community ) the preview of the latest assets still shows the down-facing arrow instead of the Eye
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? User store