Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Free voices and video software

the topic is closed
23/09/2010 06:47:36

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Hi,

first of all I have to apologise to the Muvizu team that the following video looks like a promotion for the Xtranormal software. But be sure, it's not meant to be.
I just wanted to "hit two flies with one swatter" (german proverb).

1. For all those who either don't like their own voice (like me) or speak with a rather bad accent (unfortunately like mine again) there is a nice possibility to get 4 free voices from scansoft for free.
Simply download the Xtranormal software package (here), install and finally delete (but not deinstall !) the unnecessary state part (~80 MB) and keep the voices for usage in Balabolka (Link) or whatever.
Ssamantha sseems to have a problem with the "S", but apart from this the voices sound rather good compared to other free (robot) voices.

2. Furthermore, I wanted to show that you don't necessarily need expensive video software to produce some nice effects.
The first useful program is the free StereoMovie Maker (Link) that could not only be used to generate Stereo-Movies (as disussed in the 3D thread - here) but also for joining different video parts together.

And it perfectly fits to the free Virtualdub editor (Link) that already comes with some nice video filters.
And you can find tons of others in the internet ( here is one link with more than 250 filters).

In this video I only used 3 filters (invert, resize and excessively the cropping function) and finally the Append function (as shown in the Videojoiner limit thread - here) for the final assembly of all video segments.

So, finally here's the video (produced in the last 2 evenings); but be warned - it's not funny and is repeated 3 times for the demonstration of different effects.

Comments welcome !
11/10/2010 22:05:12

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Tripfreak
Can't believe you've had no comments on this because you have provided some excellent links to resources which complement Muvizu perfectly.

I'm downloading them now.

It's only by people like yourself experimenting that we can see how Muvizu can be "extended" to add variety and interest to what is a great product.

Many thanks

Toonarama
12/10/2010 06:36:18

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
You're welcome !

Thank you for your comment !
And good luck with your new experiments ! Gavel
13/10/2010 22:33:51

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Tripfreak
Hell again. I've downloaded Virtualdub and am trying to create your 4 panel design but am getting confused!
Am I right in assuming that they all the characters were in the originally AVI and then you cropped/resized to separate them?
How do you get the 4 panels though?
I know I'm being thick but could you give a quick rundown of the steps.
Many thanks
Toonarama
11/11/2010 13:42:58

hugmyster
hugmyster
Heya Tripfreak!
I've been perusing through the list of filters you've shown and there are BUCKETFULs of them - major thanks!

The voice package is going to be ideal (might tweek it to attempt 'singing', Heaven help us...) but there's a lot to nose through!

By the way, the second chap from the right has dodgy eyes. I don't trust him.

Huggy
edited by hugmyster on 11/15/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Free voices and video software