Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? How did you learn about Muvizu?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
20/11/2016 14:27:01

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I'm curious to hear how y'all learned about Muvizu.

My story:
At the time, I was learning Anime Studio, and had joined a facebook group called AMATEUR ANIMATORS. That group is for people to display the projects they're working on in any animation software. Unlike forums sponsored by one software company, this one offered the ability to see an overview of animation products that are available and in use.

Most of the posts were short exercises, rarely a complete story and never a full-blown project. But I noticed right away that the MUVIZU projects looked better than all the other software's output. The walk cycles were smooth, the characters were polished, the lip synch was better than average... but the biggest thing I noticed is that the MUVIZU stories were not just exercises. They were stories! That told me people using this software were getting farther faster in their learning curve!

Up to that point, I had never heard of Muvizu... never seen it advertised... never had it pop up in my online searches for animation software.... never seen it in an industry comparison chart. But I liked what I saw in the AMATEUR ANIMATORS group, so I searched for the web site, downloaded the free version, watched the excellent tutorials, and joined this forum.

What's YOUR story? Make it interesting. Lie if you must. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 20/11/2016
20/11/2016 15:33:00

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
This exciting story takes place in 2010.
I was in a hotel in another country where the only English channel was BBC World (?). So I was watching this channel and there was short report on Muvizu in the Click segment. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/8885276.stm (2:16)
This looked like some great software if I could learn how to use it, and the best part was it was FREE!
So I wrote down the name of the software and promptly lost that piece of paper for a couple of months. Upon finding it, I learned how to use Muvizu over the course of several years because I was too stubborn to watch the tutorials! I later joined the forum... and never left.

(Made in 2010 by a young me)
edited by MrDrWho13 on 20/11/2016
23/11/2016 22:41:13

Tangledbliss
Tangledbliss
MrDrWho13 wrote:
This exciting story takes place in 2010.
I was in a hotel in another country where the only English channel was BBC World (?). So I was watching this channel and there was short report on Muvizu in the Click segment. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/8885276.stm (2:16)
This looked like some great software if I could learn how to use it, and the best part was it was FREE!
So I wrote down the name of the software and promptly lost that piece of paper for a couple of months. Upon finding it, I learned how to use Muvizu over the course of several years because I was too stubborn to watch the tutorials! I later joined the forum... and never left.

(Made in 2010 by a young me)
edited by MrDrWho13 on 20/11/2016

How strange , the very same thing happened with me. We were on holiday in Greece and idly listening to Click on BBC news. Made a note of the name and looked it up when we got home.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? General Discussion ? How did you learn about Muvizu?