Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? BAND IN A BOX

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
20/11/2016 17:15:43

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Copyright infringement is a topic you can't easily escape if you are making 3D videos. You need a lot of different kinds of assets to make good stories... from models to music. The internet makes it easy to find re-usable assets, but it isn't always easy to know what you can use legally.

One sure way to know that you can legally use an asset is by making it yourself. This forum has a lot of information about modelling, but almost no information about how to make your own music.

BAND IN A BOX software is a lot like Muvizu. Both products provide the user with high-level building blocks that can be snapped together to make complex projects without having to be an expert. With BAND IN A BOX you can quickly and easily make background music that is perfect for your story, and never have to worry about copyright infringement, or about using a Creative Commons song that has already been used in thousands of other videos.

Making you own music ensures that your project will be not only legal, but also unique.

Here's a link to some samples on the BandInABox website:
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.realtracks.htm

and here's a link to a product overview:
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.htm

I use BAND IN A BOX in all of my videos, and I think it's one of those tools that fits neatly into the creative toolbox. I mention this now, because they typically release their new version in December, and for about 30 days they offer reduced pricing. That's coming up soon, so if you have any interest in the product, now is a good time to do your research.

Speaking for myself, I can honestly say that Muvizu and Band In A Box are two of my favorite pieces of software. They complement each other very well.

------------------------------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 20/11/2016
20/11/2016 17:31:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
How Band In A Box works:

Unlike most music software that works like a tape recorder and requires you to play an instrument, Band In A Box starts with professional musicians, most of which are famous award winning performers. The pros are commissioned to record generic passages in a variety of keys. The software then draws these pre-recorded riffs from a library and weaves them together to fit the chord pattern you provide.

Its the closest thing to going into a recording studio and hiring the best of the best studio musicians to play on your song! Because the parts are fitted together according to an algorithm, the timing is always perfect, the instruments are always in tune, the playing is totally professional etc etc etc... But because you supply the chord pattern and the key, every song sounds unique.

The database contains thousands of different musical styles and many different instruments

-------------------------------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 20/11/2016
20/11/2016 20:43:35

35litretheatre
35litretheatre
Looks interesting.

Have you ever tried musescore.org? It doesn't have any pre-recorded tracks and maybe wouldn't create the sound you are going for, but if you are interested in creating your own score from scratch it's worth a look. And it's free. And very easy to use.
20/11/2016 21:19:04

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
35litretheatre wrote:
Looks interesting.

Have you ever tried musescore.org? It doesn't have any pre-recorded tracks and maybe wouldn't create the sound you are going for, but if you are interested in creating your own score from scratch it's worth a look. And it's free. And very easy to use.

I haven't tried Musescore.org, (I'm a long time Band In A Box user, so I stopped looking for other solutions years ago) but this looks like a GREAT resource for people who need music for their videos! Thanks for sharing this information!
20/11/2016 22:17:22

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
Good to know. I never used such kind of software
I'll give it a try.
Thanks
20/11/2016 23:28:37

tonyob67
tonyob67
Looks good, Did you use this program for your 20 seconds vacation disaster video?, that song its great.
21/11/2016 01:06:03

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
tonyob67 wrote:
Looks good, Did you use this program for your 20 seconds vacation disaster video?, that song its great.

Yes, that's my guitar playing mixed with a backing track I created in Band In A Box by typing chords into a grid and generating it in one of many heavy metal styles the program offers. I don't put a lot of work into it at all... The music in the demo video for the country house model I put in the store is literally "enter 4 chords > generate song!".... About a minute tied up in creating that background music!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? General Discussion ? BAND IN A BOX