Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? 3D MOVIE question....

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
01/01/2017 16:17:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Has anybody used two cameras side by side to capture footage that can be combined into a 3D movie like the ones we watch with special glasses? If so, I'd like to hear how you did it.

I'm guessing the procedure would be something like:

1) Use two cameras to capture the footage

2) colorize each camera's output to make one bluish and the other reddish so the glasses isolate the views to each eye

3) layer the camera's dual outputs in a video editor with some kind of boolean so both can be seen at the same time (as opposed to the one on top obstructing the one on the bottom). This is actually the key element I'd like to hear more about. There may be filters in some editors that are designed for this very task, and if so, I'd like to know what software and what filters
01/01/2017 17:01:28

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Youtube can handle the last couple of steps if you export from your video editor in 3D. Fman00 has done 3D videos before: https://www.youtube.com/user/00fman/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0
01/01/2017 18:47:15

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Youtube can handle the last couple of steps if you export from your video editor in 3D. Fman00 has done 3D videos before: https://www.youtube.com/user/00fman/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

OK, the phrase "if you export from your video editor in 3D" becomes interesting, as I've never noticed this option in any of my video editors. Can you elaborate on that? Which video editors offer this as an option?
01/01/2017 19:48:33

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I don't know about other editors, but Sony Vegas has several 3D project templates.

I've never tried it so can't comment on how to use it, but hopefully Fman00 will reply if you send him a message. (I imagine there are guides online too)
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? 3D MOVIE question....