Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Character won't warm up

the topic is closed
14/10/2010 21:50:05

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
In his next story The Hard is involved in a "sporting" contest which (as you would expect) he takes very seriously. Therefore he needs to "warm up" as he would for a good fight.

But although I PREPARE the move fine and it performs correctly when I preview in DIRECT mode it does not seem to work when the camera is rolling and I am attempting to record the animation.

Is tis a bug or am I do something wrong. Please help as I'm not sure I can persuade The Hard to go into battle under prepared.
15/10/2010 09:45:05

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi toonarama,

We found a bug recently that meant that camera overlay effects were not being applied to the camera preview during any of the stages, direct, timeline playback or make video. It did work on the little camera preview when in create or prepare modes. This does not really sound as serious as the issue that you've described. The work around for this issue was to close Muvizu (remembering to save) and then re-open your set file at which point it works.

Could you give us some more details? Some steps to follow here to see if we can recreate it or even better some screen shots of video captured from your screen as you use Muvizu.

Cheers,
Jamie.

--
Direct, don't animate!
15/10/2010 09:52:33

toonarama
Jamie
Thanks for the speedy reply.

The steps were

PREPARE - selected "fight/warm up" - animated correctly
DIRECT - selected "fight/warm up" - animated correctly
DIRECT AND RECORD - selected "fight/warm up" - did not appear to do move

However I did not try and export the video so i do not know if this would have worked ok and I am afraid i cannot remember if the move appeared in the timeline.

I am at work now (and shouldn't be doing this!) but I will do some more investigating over the weekend

Many thanks

Toonarama
15/10/2010 15:28:27

toonarama
Similar problem noted here by Ziggy?
http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic631-animation-not-triggering-when-recording.aspx
15/10/2010 19:26:42

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Yup, same problem, and reloading didn't seem to help either. I've since discovered none of the Idle fight moves seem to work when recorded, only when previewed.
17/10/2010 21:22:35

toonarama
Tried this again and can confirm that selecting "warm up" when directing charater animation results in the character adopting a default idle pose. I used "man" rather than "fat man" (as ziggy72 had done) so I am assuming this is a general issue with all characters
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Character won't warm up