Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Random requests!

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | the topic is closed
08/06/2012 11:41:06

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Dreeko wrote:
Am I the only one who regularly right clicks on a character to try and set up the character actions and then realises that the right click is only for changing a characters appearance.

I don't know why I do this so often?
It could be that it feels natural to have all character options available from right clicking.

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

You're not the only one Dreeko!

And another one...What about 'Edit environment' under Edit instead of create? I'm forever going to edit to edit the environment instead of create.
08/06/2012 11:56:47

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Dylly wrote:
Dreeko wrote:
Am I the only one who regularly right clicks on a character to try and set up the character actions and then realises that the right click is only for changing a characters appearance.

It could be that it feels natural to have all character options available from right clicking.

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

And another one...What about 'Edit environment' under Edit instead of create? I'm forever going to edit to edit the environment instead of create.

Me too!
09/06/2012 03:29:08

skylikeMuvizu mogulExperimental user
skylike
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Dylly wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

Me too!

I go one better i right click on the character in the camera window all the time.. derp .. YaY Muvizu .. lol
09/06/2012 08:56:23

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
I'll add my vote for a right-click context menu (configurable of course).
10/06/2012 14:38:54

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ukBerty wrote:
Could I request that we have a number of file location trackers within Muvizu. Let me explain.

I keep all my assets in a directory (C:\UT3 and below)
I have all my scenes in another structure (c:\project\scene1 etc)
I output my videos somewhere else (C:\project\scene1\vids)

At the moment when you import ab object it defaults to the last location you did anything - open a set, make a vid or whatever.

I would like the import object dialog to default to the last place I imported an object from, the make movie to default to the last place I made a movie and the open/save set to default to that last place I opened/saved a set.

It's just a little thing, but over time it gets quite annoying.

This has come up a few times internally Berty, so it's already in a to do list, I'm not sure how easy it is to do that from a technical point of view (one of the devs might be better suited to answer) but it would certainly make things easier

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:02:38

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dreeko wrote:

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

I do this all the time. Not just for animations but anything related to a character my instant reaction is to right click the character and expect to find what I'm looking for - only to have my hopes dashed when the character builder appears

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:03:52

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dreeko wrote:
Another request! Set thumbnails!
When I'm sifting through .set files trying to find the right one to load it can be a bit time consuming trying to find the right one. Can we have (just as windows explorer has) a preview thumbnail showing the selected file...Ta!

Keep your eyes peeled, you might find something like this appears in the next release

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:05:19

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dylly wrote:
You're not the only one Dreeko! And another one...What about 'Edit environment' under Edit instead of create? I'm forever going to edit to edit the environment instead of create.

I'm sure there was a reason for placing it under create at one time. I think it probably would make more sense to have it under edit though, it seems like an edit function rather than a create one - to me anyway

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:18:05

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
skylike wrote:
I go one better i right click on the character in the camera window all the time.. derp .. YaY Muvizu .. lol

lol

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:18:39

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
simonheffer wrote:
I'll add my vote for a right-click context menu (configurable of course).

Do you mean on right clicking characters or somewhere else?

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 16:16:45

simonheffer
Right click on any object. Perhaps a Edit Properties item and Prepare and Direct menu items with cascading menu appropriate for the object.
10/06/2012 17:24:41

MrDrWho13
Jamie wrote:
Dreeko wrote:
Another request! Set thumbnails!
When I'm sifting through .set files trying to find the right one to load it can be a bit time consuming trying to find the right one. Can we have (just as windows explorer has) a preview thumbnail showing the selected file...Ta!

Keep your eyes peeled, you might find something like this appears in the next release

ooooooohh.... I like the sound of that!
10/06/2012 17:34:42

MrDrWho13
simonheffer wrote:
Right click on any object. Perhaps a Edit Properties item and Prepare and Direct menu items with cascading menu appropriate for the object.

i agree
11/06/2012 11:26:57

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Dylly wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

Me too!

Me Three!
12/06/2012 11:36:58

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
First request of the day! (will it be my last?)

Camera window with a "+ " button for adding new cameras and a "-" button deleting a selected one.!

Ta muchly!
12/06/2012 16:01:09

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
First request of the day! (will it be my last?)

Camera window with a "+ " button for adding new cameras and a "-" button deleting a selected one.!

Ta muchly!

i agreewithWhat He Saidwhich wasGood Posting!!!
edited by MrDrWho13 on 12/06/2012
12/06/2012 16:27:47

simonheffer
Ah, Cameras. Many's the time I've re-jigged by scene only to find that my first shot is actually for camera 2. No matter how quick I am I cannot cut from 1 - 2 quick enough to miss 1 out entirely.
Can we reassign a camera to no 1 please? (A '1' button next to Dreeko's '+' button would be fine).

Simon
12/06/2012 16:50:41

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Yeh,
The more I think about it, the more I want it!
It would save a lot of faffing about with the scene window or having to scramble over the set to find the right camera.
And numbers will help too

Cheers
D
12/06/2012 17:10:19

MrDrWho13
I agree with the new camera and camera 1 buttons, what other easy access buttons should we have?
hmmm.....hmm
12/06/2012 19:57:47

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I agree with the new camera and camera 1 buttons, what other easy access buttons should we have?
hmmm.....hmm

Specifically, I'd vote for a Import Object button. I import a lot of external objects, probably not for everyone, to be fair

Actually, how about a Create Character button, which would create a default character (random types? selectable in options?) so you could populate a scene quickly.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Random requests!