Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Animated TV Set

the topic is closed
10/07/2011 20:15:29

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
I have an AVI which I want to play on the TV set. When I import it though, it doesn't play. I tried setting it's initial state in the object preparation to a black color, then while directing, switching it to the AVI, but it never appears. I also tried just importing it to the object without any object direction, and it doesn;t play. SO what could I be missing?
11/07/2011 10:24:02

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Hi Wizaerd

It's most likely Muvizu doesnt like the codec the AVI is encoded in. Convert it into an Xvid AVI instead, and see if that helps.
11/07/2011 10:48:44

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi Wizaerd,

I think ziggy is right. If you convert it to XVid it should work, however you might also want to reduce the size of the video and strip out any audio as imported videos only play as videos. If you reduce the size it should also help to improve the perforamnce of Muvizu if your system is a little slower.

Good luck!

--
Direct, don't animate!
11/07/2011 16:47:23

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
Jamie wrote:
Hi Wizaerd,

I think ziggy is right. If you convert it to XVid it should work, however you might also want to reduce the size of the video and strip out any audio as imported videos only play as videos. If you reduce the size it should also help to improve the perforamnce of Muvizu if your system is a little slower.

Good luck!

Thanx for this guys... as it turns out, I wnet a different route on this... If I do need to do this again in the future though, to prevent having to import the AVI, I may just greenscreen it.
11/07/2011 17:02:29

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Wizaerd wrote:
Thanx for this guys... as it turns out, I wnet a different route on this... If I do need to do this again in the future though, to prevent having to import the AVI, I may just greenscreen it.

Thats what I've done in the past as well, you get a better quality that way

--
Direct, don't animate!
11/07/2011 17:09:23

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
hello folks!

The best codec for me has been motion jpeg, when it comes to displaying video on the television object.

http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic492-motion-jpeg-dont-overlook-it.aspx?p=f#post3852

Xvid was far too glitchy

Cheers

D
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Animated TV Set