Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? camera right click

the topic is closed
15/05/2012 11:00:59

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
I've been meaning to highlight this one for a while..

When I right click in the camera window to quickly locate a certain camera and the view moves over to where it is positioned, it would be far better if the view moved to just slightly behind its location instead of staring straight into the lens, as the reason for moving to your camera of choice is usually to change its viewpoint and this is always done from behind.

Thank you!

D
15/05/2012 12:50:32

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Ditto, one of the most irritating features.
15/05/2012 19:10:24

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Good one Dreeko - behaviour more like when you animate the camera would be very helpful.
16/05/2012 10:52:07

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
I've never seen this feature place the directors view looking straight into the lens, but I'm sure it could happen. The feature just uses the same function as the M key or "Move to" feature, so what you see is dependent on where you start from relative to where your camera is.

I'd say this would be a bit annoying, placing the camera view behind the camera (as though looking through it) as you can't really judge what the camera sees without using the camera preview window. I prefer to have a wider view of the scene to move the camera about in as the directors view isn't locked to that of the camera. I think possible this would be more irritating as, as soon as you move the camera back a bit the directors view will automatically try to track the moving object and end up spinning around a bit. If that makes sense?

It's actually something that irritates me is the direct camera movement mode locking you into a view behind the camera object, when I direct by looking at the preview window and most camera movement places my directors view inside other objects meaning I can't see anything without the preview window anyway.

Just my thoughts though

--
Direct, don't animate!
22/05/2012 20:10:05

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Another camera feature I'd like to have - the ability to copy/paste a camera 'In Place', as Sketchup would call it. I mean being able to have the camera 'remember' it's coordinates in one set, and being able to paste the camera in the same position/angle in another set. Or, if that's not do-able, an additional properties box that would allow us to look up the absolute coordinates of the camera in relation to the world so that we can replicate that ourselves in a different set (however tedious that may be!).

The reason I ask is that I need to be able to mask in various shots (of an audience too big to allow me to animate without the timeline taking 6 or 7 seconds to respond to EVERY command) and the only way to do it is to remove the audience completely, and put them back in later. The 1 minute/2gb limit on using a decent codec (IYUV) means I have to do it in little chunks, in different sets, and it's driving me mad. Mad, I tells ya.
23/05/2012 10:53:36

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Added to the post-it note wall that is our feature request system

--
Direct, don't animate!
07/07/2012 10:40:16

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
Hmm just posted about this myself so that would get my vote too.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? camera right click