Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Non Selectable Muvizu Objects

the topic is closed
13/10/2012 16:58:22

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Okay, try this one - download then import in the mediæval castle wall 02 model. Now try and select it. No joy? Okay, try Filling station billboard then - not only not selectable after import, but the texture has gone wrong. Texture also askew on the mediæval tent model too, although at least you can select it. My point is, I think you need to revisit the 3D assets to check why they're no longer working correctly with the current version(s) of Muvizu, and how many have these problems (I found 3 after trying 8 models...)

I was going to build a castle, y'see, which is how I found out. I already knew the billboard didn't work (sent Jamie an email about it ages ago) but didn't realise it applies to some of the other Muvizu objects too.
13/10/2012 18:14:20

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
yes when i was starting to play with muvizu all but one asset I downloaded was broken. The school bus worked. I would hazard a guess that anything made before 2010 is likely not working and can be deleted hehe.

I will start just making a few assets soon as I need a movie making break this last one is hard. I made a tree actually not a great one it was experimental so the leaves texture has some areas on it that are not quite right but I wanted to see if transparency would work as I saw a post on here you could not have it on an object or something. Anyhow the tree turned out well

I also found a bug but I dont know if its in the exporter or muvizu its flipping some of my uv maps always in the same location lol and its annoying anyhow I am aware of this bug now and am attempting to um compensate for it but in some cases I just ignore it lol

(edited typed to fast again and my first sentance didnt make sense!)
edited by urbanlamb on 13/10/2012
13/10/2012 20:44:13

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Yeh, this is a bit annoying. Also some sets that contained imported objects (created a good while ago) when opened now display the objects in white with no textures and no way of changing them.
Its always good practice (I have found after much heartache!)to open older sets with every new version of Muvizu as they come along so the good people at Muvizu HQ catch the problems sooner rather than later.

Another thing to remember if you are a Muvizu tester is never to create a set that you value highly and save it using a developer build as the final muvizu download version released soon after may not contain all the assets or features used in your set and therefore will not work.

Anyhoo I need to go now and throw things at the xfactor
Cheers
D
13/10/2012 22:15:40

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Make sure you choose a selectable object.
15/10/2012 11:40:07

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
I can't see any problems with the Medieval tent, the texture works fine for me, do you have a screen shot of the problem? Did you import it with id texture enabled?

Urbanlamb could you let me know the name of some of the objects that are not working for you?

--
Direct, don't animate!
15/10/2012 19:13:41

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Jamie wrote:
I can't see any problems with the Medieval tent, the texture works fine for me, do you have a screen shot of the problem? Did you import it with id texture enabled?

D'oh! Forgot to turn on id textures, tent's fine, thanks Jamie. But the other models mentioned are still not selectable, id or not. Oddly though, you can still see them on the Scene Window - you can select them, edit them, you just can't move them or interact with them in any other way.
18/10/2012 02:57:34

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Jamie wrote:

Urbanlamb could you let me know the name of some of the objects that are not working for you?

I will go back and check it was awhile ago now mostly structures I will backtrack and peak
18/10/2012 03:01:36

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
Jamie wrote:

D'oh! Forgot to turn on id textures, tent's fine, thanks Jamie. But the other models mentioned are still not selectable, id or not. Oddly though, you can still see them on the Scene Window - you can select them, edit them, you just can't move them or interact with them in any other way.

I actually had this issue with a few objects i made the exporter messed them up and I had to re-export the item I had me so its some mesh issue perhaps the objects were not well made in the first place but yes there were some buildings i tried when I first started I imported them and could see them and they were all properly coloured they simply were not selectable
edited by urbanlamb on 18/10/2012
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Non Selectable Muvizu Objects