Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Game assests

the topic is closed
03/06/2010 07:33:29

Ro4ch
Ro4ch
Am I able to import game assets that were created with the Unreal Engine into Muvizu?

Thanks,

Ro4ch
04/06/2010 10:04:53

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
Ro4ch wrote:
Am I able to import game assets that were created with the Unreal Engine into Muvizu?

Thanks,

Ro4ch

Hi Ro4ch,
At the moment, the application doesn't allow you to import your own assets. However, this is at the top of our priority list to get into the app as soon as possible. This will be available in the near future (most likely in the next few releases). Initially, you'll only be able to import static objects however as with everything with this app, other object types will come online as soon as we can make it available.

Hope this answers your question!
The Muvizu team.
edited by Muvizu_Admin on 6/4/2010
12/08/2010 16:34:22

muddybunny
muddybunny
Hi,

Re static objects. How do I import them?

I have imported a couple of assets into a project (two small jpeg files), but I can't seem to do anything with them in my video.

I'm also a bit confused as to how the projects work in general. Are they just to share scripts, ideas and images?

Sorry - lots of questions I know.
12/08/2010 16:40:53

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Muddybunny,

Object importing isn't available yet - it is something that is being worked on at the moment.

When you sign in to your Muvizu account you should be able to use any .jpg files that you have uploaded to the site as textures on a backdrop/TV etc.

The projects are areas to share assets at the moment, but they are being looked at along with the rest of the site.

Take care, and feel free to bombard us with questions and suggestions
-Jim.
12/08/2010 17:05:39

muddybunny
muddybunny
Thanks Glasgowjim,

glasgowjim wrote:

... feel free to bombard us with questions and suggestions
-Jim.

OK, you asked for it.

What I'm trying to do is create a lesson to teach the letters of the alphabet, you know A is for apple etc... but it's a bit boring if there isn't an apple to show. When you say I can use it for a texture on a backdrop / TV etc, could I create a display screen using the existing assets and then show the pictures on that, like a presentation?
12/08/2010 17:16:00

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again,

There are a few different places that you can import videos and photos/pictures onto - the TV, Flatscreen TV, Robot's Chest, Backdrop and many others - you can import 1 image or 1 video onto each of them, i.e. if you want to use 3 photos you will need 3 screens.

Alternatively you could use programmes like VirtualDub and AviSynth to create a video made up of 26 photos (for the Alphabet)

You get the texture onto the object by doing the following:
Right-Click on the Object or Backdrop
Left-Click on the Edit button beside the current Image
Left-Click on Import
Find the Image or Video
Double-Click on it, or Left-Click on it then Open
Close the edit window

You can only use .avi video files and you can use a variety of image formats.

Take care,
-Jim.
edited by glasgowjim on 8/12/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Game assests