Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Suggestions / Modifications

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
28/07/2010 10:27:32

KiltedNinja
KiltedNinja
Hi folks

<Insert obligatory "This program is AMAZING" speech, littered with various flattering comments with suggestive overtones>

Seriously though - very well done, you've single-handedly opened up an immense area for creative artistic experimentation, not an easy feat – and one that definitely deserves respect. Nice one folks!

Ok, so my wish-list ; (A few of these have probably been mentioned before, but it can’t hurt to let you know they’re popular!)

1. Timeline for every object (including Cameras, Lights, Backdrops, objects and characters.
2. Ability to “drag-alter” 'start and end' of all sliders of the timeline (similar to dialogue drag-alter, but for all items on timeline)
3. Ability to use textures everywhere you can change a colour.
4. Interactivity between objects (eg. So that one object can move another)
5. Customizable keyboard controls.
6. Additional controls (When 'Directing Animation'; Ability to use Plus(+) and Minus(-) keys to swap between pages 1/2/3)
7. Multiple Cameras
8. Multiple Audio Tracks (One for each character at least, separate track for background music/effects)
9. Multiple audio files per track (eg. To support multiple segments of a conversation) - including sliders for start/end
10. Ability to import 3rd party 3d objects (DXF, 3DS, Google Sketchup files etc)
11. Deformations on objects (bend/twist)
12. Deformations when creating Characters (facial structure / body structure - similar to Oblivion's character creation)

Are there any plans for going down the route of "If you randomly donate some cash we'll remove the Muvizu Logo Overlay on your exported avi's" ?

Long live Muvizu! \o/
edited by KiltedNinja on 7/28/2010
28/07/2010 11:43:21

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi KiltedNinja,

Thanks very much- your praise means a lot to all of us, but we are still striving to make Muvizu better and better.

1. Timeline for every object: The Devs are working on Movable Cameras and Objects along with Animated Properties (Camera Zoom, light attributes etc.) once they are in fully there will be a timeline to go along with them.

2. Ability to “drag-alter” 'start and end' of all sliders of the timeline: The Camera Cuts now have this functionality, and you can alter the start time of almost anything on the timeline. The ability to change the length of animations etc. probably won't be added as they all have a set length.

3. Ability to use textures everywhere you can change a colour: This is something we want to do, but isn't being worked on at the moment.

4. Interactivity between objects (eg. So that one object can move another): Movable objects are being added, but interactivity between them is not. You should be able to "fake it" by animating them separately, depending on the movement type you are looking for.

5. Customizable keyboard controls: This is something that we want to do but would be in the very distant future.

6. Additional controls (When 'Directing Animation'; Ability to use Plus(+) and Minus(-) keys to swap between pages 1/2/3: Something similar is already in- (/) = Page 1, (*) = Page 2 and (-) = Page 3.

7. Multiple Cameras: You mean more than 4 cameras? This is something that probably won't be done as it negatively affects performance. The ability to move cameras is being added, which should reduce the need for multiple cameras.

8. Multiple Audio Tracks (One for each character at least, separate track for background music/effects): We want to add extra audio track for characters, but we aren't working on it at the moment. There is already a facility to have a separate background audio track and effects by going to the Prepare>Audio and Direct>Audio sections.

9. Multiple audio files per track (eg. To support multiple segments of a conversation) - including sliders for start/end: There will only be 1 audio file per track, but another user suggested that Muvizu could "cut" the track at the quiet points, allowing the user to move parts of the audio track to match up with animations or camera cuts, which the Devs are looking into.

10. Ability to import 3rd party 3d objects (DXF, 3DS, Google Sketchup files etc): The ability to import .ase file is being worked on at present, and we are looking to add support for .fbx and COLLADA files as well.

11. Deformations on objects (bend/twist): Cannot be done in real-time, however non-uniform scaling (the ability to increase width without altering height etc.) is being worked on.

12. Deformations when creating Characters (facial structure / body structure - similar to Oblivion's character creation): The Art team are currently working on a simple version of this for noses/ears and other attachments. They would like to add the functionality to the characters body but it isn't being worked on at present.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions, any more feel free to ask.
Take care,
Jim.
28/07/2010 12:19:32

KiltedNinja
KiltedNinja
Thanks for the quick and detailed response

One thing I'd like to suggest regarding point 7 (Multiple Cameras) ; Could it be possible to make it so that when viewing and setting up your scene, you can choose the fullscreen view to be between either the standard viewpoint or a camera of your choosing? (1,2,3,4 etc)

This way, you don't need a "what the camera sees" individual window, nor would you need an individual window for "this is what all four cameras see at the same time". You just have a choice between "standard viewpoint" (with positioning controls) and "what camera x sees" (this could be chosen from a drop-down list). This could perhaps reduce the amount of work that the code has to do when rendering the scene, is it would only render it for your one fullscreen viewpoint rather than rendering a possible 6 times)

It might deviate slightly from the "feel" of Muvizu at the moment, as I must admit, it *is* handy to be able to move the cameras and see the 4 camera views at the same time, allowing you to run-through the animation and determine when to choose camera cuts - however, having the ability to have more cameras would make a lot of people happy... well, it'd make me happy anyway Big Grin

So yeah... there are workarounds such as saving multiple instances of your scene with different camera setups, with output generated from each camera that you can then use in a 3rd party program to pick&choose which cameras to use footage from - so, the program is still incredibly usefull - it's just a lot of work. (I guess I'm only randomly labouring the point, because I've spent the last 3 days being addicted to this program and doing nothing else... it should come with a health warning Big Grin)

Anyway, thanks again for the info, and the good information in point 6 about swapping pages (I guess I missed that...).

Good luck with the coding folks
28/07/2010 15:24:38

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Hiya,

The idea of the director's view going into the cameras' points of view does seem like a good suggestion and we're thinking about it. We're maybe a bit wary of complicating the interface and user controls, but I can see the advantage of being able to quickly switch viewpoionts between the cameras.

Thanks for the input, Dave.
28/07/2010 17:34:21

civicbynature
civicbynature
interesting notion. "IF" that was done then would that give us five total cameras? 4default plus directors camera.
28/07/2010 17:44:56

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
civicbynature wrote:
interesting notion. "IF" that was done then would that give us five total cameras? 4default plus directors camera.

Not really: there would still only be four cameras capable of capturing the scene to eventual video output. The directors "camera" is just the players viewpoint when they are using the application.
28/07/2010 20:51:47

KiltedNinja
KiltedNinja
glasgowjim wrote:
7. Multiple Cameras: You mean more than 4 cameras? This is something that probably won't be done as it negatively affects performance. The ability to move cameras is being added, which should reduce the need for multiple cameras.

Actually, thinking about this now - I've realised that the ability to move cameras would completely remove the need for more than 4 cameras. You could have Camera-1 filming some action, meanwhile Camera-2 is moving to a new position ; switch to Camera-2 to film some action and meanwhile Camera-1 goes to yet another position for the next section of filming ; wash-rinse-repeat.

The only thing to make sure of, is that the cameras have the ability to move very quickly from any start-position to end-position (i.e, if it has to move a large distance in 1 second). Saying that though, if there's 4 cameras then that shouldn't really be a problem.

Another couple of things to add to the wishlist then :

1. "Save points" for Director's Camera. This would help greatly with scene setups, being able to hit numberkeys (i.e from the top-row, not from the number-keypad) and jump around the scene. Perhaps save-points for the other cameras too? (Although this might be slightly more difficult to work out, controls wise. Would probably require another menu.)

2. The ability to cut & paste on the timelines. (i.e, you have a sequence of 3 particular moves that you want to repeat exactly further in the movie)

3. Camera Transitions. It'd be quite neat to be able to do fades between camera cuts, perhaps add in the standard wipes and roll-overs, blinds, dissolves, flips etc. Even though coding the transitions properly could take a bit of time, if you convince the development guys to make a fade for the next update that'd be sweet.... (*hopes*)

4. A "Point-At" function for the cameras (perhaps objects too?). It'd be particulary usefull when cameras actually start moving about. For example, camera is moving slowly parallel to the road while a car drives quickly past - camera will be moving whilst rotating automatically - would make for *very* nice scenes. Another use (with objects) could be when a vehicle is moving in one direction, there could be an "invisible" object (another addition for ye's!) which is infront of the car, and the car has "Point-At" set to this invisible object. This could allow you to move the object left and right, so the car appears to steer.

Edit:
5. Allow characters to be able to float in the air, as with objects.

6. Allow you to play the movie without "Directing", just a play/stop/rewind function with the time-bar. Just to remove unnecessary windows while running the scene-through before commiting cameras.

Some food for thought :P

Cheers again for an amazingly addictive piece of kit! (3 days straight and still going.......)
KiltedNinja.
28/07/2010 21:23:23

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Good input, ninja...

Yes, that's the big bonus of moving cameras: you can move them "offline" and so you don't need so many! The issue of moving them quickly while not recording is somthing I'm thinking about alot just now. Currently you will have to "direct" the camera offline to the new position, just as a real cameraman would have to actually move his camera from the end of one shot to the start of the next. This way keeps a nice clean interface but requires more work from the user than, say, your "save points" idea. They have very variable speeds so covering the required distance in the required time will not be a problem: it's just a case of getting them in the correct position and orientation ready for their next shot.

The same idea of sequential movement is going to be used as that for character movement so you can't "cut" position... what I mean is that moving from A to B then C to D is impossible where B is not the same as C. So cutting and pasting blocks will be impossible: the timline will be sequential and movement is continuous. This is the idea just now anyway, we'll see how it pans out over the next few weeks.

We definitely want to get some nice transitions in there when time allows, and yes, "look at" and "move to" functionality is somthing we're looking at in the future. In the initial iteration all camera movement will be activaly "driven" as opposed to objective-based.

5. Probably only want this if there's flying/floating animations... watch this space ;-) Did you consider putting the character on a standable transparent backdrop? I think that works...

6. Jeez give us a break here we've loads to do already ;-) Only messing, it sounds good but not really my area.

Dave.
29/10/2010 19:56:53

Kelvin876
Kelvin876
In addition, when can you modify the shapes of the faces? Some people have more squarish faces and some more oval.

Please, please, can you make SOME way we can remove the Muvizu logo from our videos. Apparently, Hitler's Cat video has done that. How?
29/10/2010 20:34:48

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Kelvin876 wrote:
Please, please, can you make SOME way we can remove the Muvizu logo from our videos. Apparently, Hitler's Cat video has done that. How?

I dont mind it personally. It's a small price to pay considering that the software is free!...not a demo, ...free!

Cheers
D
30/10/2010 02:21:59

pyrrho
pyrrho
Kelvin876 wrote:

Please, please, can you make SOME way we can remove the Muvizu logo from our videos.

Not really, no.

Tell you what, though, you get Tesco or Nike or Adobe to give out free stuff and not put their name on it and we'll follow their lead.

Actually, you can remove the logo by banging some rocks together. Good luck evolving, we'll wait on the shoreline to help you out.
edited by pyrrho on 10/30/2010
30/10/2010 08:29:15

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
skymovies, disney channel, skysports, sci-fi channel, Bravo, history, gold, skymovies, now mmm, what's top knotch
About our muvizu is, is, isssssss, " my good god it's free ".
I was thinking, would you be a bit sad if you went to Starbucks ( not free ) and they gave your coffee in a builders
Tea mug?, " hey, give me my coffee with the starbucks logo on you twat" I would say.
Muvizu's is a revolution my friend, drink it, and be happy...
24/11/2010 03:45:49

ReggieMetalFox
ReggieMetalFox
Kelvin876 wrote:

Hello everybody, I'm a french machinimaker and I was at the MachinExpo. I have already made some tests with Muvizu (excellent software !) and I am working on a very big project (I will probably demand a Commercial Licence).

I have the same question than Kelvin876, how can we remove the Muvizu overlay ?
I swear that I will include Muvizu and his logo in the credits at the end of the video.
edited by ReggieMetalFox on 11/24/2010
24/11/2010 11:24:50

pyrrho
pyrrho
ReggieMetalFox wrote:

Hello everybody, I'm a french machinimaker and I was at the MachinExpo. I have already made some tests with Muvizu (excellent software !) and I am working on a very big project (I will probably demand a Commercial Licence).

I have the same question than Kelvin876, how can we remove the Muvizu overlay ?
edited by ReggieMetalFox on 11/24/2010

We're glad that you like Muvizu and it'll be interesting to see what happens when you demand a commercial licence for your big project.

We like Muvizu, too, and we like content created with it to carry our watermark; this is similar to TV channels carrying idents in a corner of the screen or YouTube displaying its branding. We can and do provide non-watermarked versions of our software at our discretion. This is by agreements arising from personal discussions rather than forum posts.

Oh, and we're fairly tolerant so it's no big deal that you're French. Honest. Don't beat yourself up about it.

vince
24/11/2010 16:41:30

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm french toast.........french wine..................french woman...........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
22/02/2012 00:57:04

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
Hello
Great software !

I don' t understand why the muvizu guy's are so irreducible about the watermark. There are so many ways to easily remove the logo . Some inside muvizu itself: make a normal shoot, flip horizontaly the cameras, take another shoot of same scene, go to a good video editor, flip the second shoot clip , line up the two clips, put a mask effect on muvizu logo on the first clip and .. voila ! the watermark gone !

The same quality a little bit more work.

Sorry this is a poor example but whenever someone tries to avoid something como thousands tryng to do the opposite.

However this is a very beautiful piece of software and you deserve my full support.

Thanks.
edited by Rodrisilva on 22/02/2012
22/02/2012 10:20:49

Marco_D
Marco_D
Rodrisilva wrote:
Hello
Great software !

I don' t understand why the muvizu guy's are so irreducible about the watermark. There are so many ways to easily remove the logo . Some inside muvizu itself: make a normal shoot, flip horizontaly the cameras, take another shoot of same scene, go to a good video editor, flip the second shoot clip , line up the two clips, put a mask effect on muvizu logo on the first clip and .. voila ! the watermark gone !

The same quality a little bit more work.

Sorry this is a poor example but whenever someone tries to avoid something como thousands tryng to do the opposite.

However this is a very beautiful piece of software and you deserve my full support.

Thanks.
edited by Rodrisilva on 22/02/2012

Olá Rodrisilva,

A razão pela qual nós não permitimos que a marca de água seja retirada é porque o Muvizu é "free" para uso não comercial ou se fôr utilizado em meios educacionais.

Para retirar a marca de água e necessário adequirir uma licença - uso comcercial.
Desta forma e possivel controlar o uso do programa.

Retirar o logo Muvizu sem a nossa expressa autorização resulta num processo judicial.

Espero que isto ajude a perceber o uso da marca de água.

Melhores cumprimentos,
Marco
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Feedback ? Suggestions / Modifications