Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+)

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | the topic is closed
11/10/2013 16:14:01

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
with MrDrWho13 being the only non-Staff user to date to contribute any kind of Wiki edits.

Yay!
11/10/2013 16:14:20

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
... perhaps you could post a few entries and be the spark that starts the flame?

I'm not allowed to start fires. It's usually the opposite
11/10/2013 16:16:10

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
... perhaps you could post a few entries and be the spark that starts the flame?

I'm not allowed to start fires. It's usually the opposite

LOL!
11/10/2013 16:19:39

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
MrDrWho13 wrote:
gimmick wrote:
Hello,

Where could we see video examples of object attachment in the hand?

This was done a while ago with the test version:

What test version?
11/10/2013 16:20:34

Dreeko
Jamie wrote:
Dreeko,

I know you really want to know how to create FBX models and there isn't any sort of Muvizu-produced guide for this yet, but they are out there. The major problem with producing the type of tutorial you are asking for is that it would not be a Muvizu tutorial, it would be a Blender or Maya tutorial trying to teach you how to use those applications to do 3D modelling for games engines.

If you've already paid for Muvizu:Play+ you may not want to spend any more on a 3D modelling package like 3D Studio Max or Maya, so I'd recommend Blender to create your FBXs. The skills you learn in Blender can be transfered over to something like Maya later on, should you decide that those are the packages for you. To use Blender, you'll need version 2.69 RC to get the updated FBX exporter, though the version that comes with 2.68 and earlier works in a basic fashion.

Everything that you would want to do with FBX is not Muvizu specific. It means learning 3D modelling for a games engine. I recommend http://www.youtube.com/user/cgboorman if you want to learn blender.

There are a lot of other tutorials on youtube already that cover the various different 3D modelling packages out there, as well as the techniques, tips and tricks.

To understand the basics of the Blender UI and the basics of 3D modelling I'd recommend watching tutorials 1 - 8 in this playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL006307E237BB7FF6&feature=plcp

Another great resource is http://cg.tutsplus.com/ which goes into full detail on modelling and animating.

So what are the benifits of FBX?

FBX is just a different format to ASE, however importing static meshes from FBX gives a vastly improved materials system.

I've put up a guide to the material options here and while some of those options were available with ASE, things like transparency on a window never worked properly. The FBX material system allows you to have transparent sections of a model that work as you'd expect, amongst other things. (your trees and bees can finally look as you wanted them to Dylly ).

I've uploaded a sample FBX object that includes all possible materials options (listed below) it's available here http://www.muvizu.com/3D/31493/FBX-Material-example

What can FBX do and what does Muvizu:Play+ support?

Static meshes up 65535 vertices
Collision meshes
Diffuse materials
Specular materials
Normal maps
Specular maps
Emissive materials
Transparent materials
edited by Jamie on 11/10/2013

I took on board the fact that you couldn't possibly instruct us on how to build objects using the myriad of options out there. I did need to know what muvizu was now capable of as far as FBX went and the info you have provided above now tells me that,so thanks Jamie!

..and thanks to lev for your history of the Muvizu wiki and all the people that have made it so thus far
11/10/2013 16:42:10

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
I also think though that any tutorial or help file in the form of an online documentation or downloadable pdf IS part of the software package and should not be left to the users to create.

I think we should have basic written tutorials in PDF form for those using Muvizu offline.
11/10/2013 16:46:19

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
yes basically fbx means we can like have stuff them other guys do more depth to things and light bulbs and windows and stuff. How I would work with premade objects and blender I would import using 3ds format as I dont trust the fbx importer yet and add collission and normal maps etc to pretty it up and then export as fbx ensuring I triangulate beforehand.

here is a site with tons of decently made 3ds files that i use in a pinch http://archive3d.net/
there is a scene i made in superman with a living room all the items were there. I use the decimate tool to reduce the face count and add texture and export so if i was using fbx i would follow the same rules import, count my faces, decimate, texture and add normal maps etc. and collision then triangulate is and export

FBX my edges look like edges now I have sharp edges on my house its not sort of roundy. My stuff was "roundy" due to the ASE export not my modelling skills.

Anyhow I will create some fbx stuff and put it in the gallery as well very soon I will at least add that which I have already set up with maps for iclone the post office will have a whole other dimension to it you know with like windows and such

I will try to add some stuff to the wiki as I think of it and make a couple of easy tutorials or try to (after i get done the other tutorial which is 6 parts long on making a moving stickman ..) geared towards muvizu or try.

Lev_Dynamite wrote:
Dreeko wrote:
I've checked the muvizu wiki and it is not yet even listed in the supported file types.
The Wiki is intended for Community use - all logged-in users should be able to edit entries - so if you see something missing then please feel free to add it on in there! If everyone just looks at it and waits for someone else to update it then it may as well be a static webpage, so it'd be nice to see people taking full advantage of the Wiki's features.

I can at least write things anyhow unfortunately I dont know of any way around blender unless you spend money and then your going to probably also be spending money on models as well. The biggest time saver I find is in a pinch (and I use it for making my muvizu uploads as well) its to use iclone3dexchange but I already have the models made or have in some cases used 3dsmax to convert the files to a readable format and edited the file so again i used a 3d program... Iclone3dexchange imports all the popular formats and now with their latest tweeks formats fbx files perfectly for use in unreal engine (minus collision). I dont know of any way around fixing collision to my liking inside muvizu beyond editing the file in blender unfortunately.
edited by urbanlamb on 11/10/2013
11/10/2013 17:30:41

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
bigwally wrote:
What test version?

It was just before the change to "Muvizu Play." They asked us not to show the feature in any videos as it was just a Proof of concept. A few days later they sent us a second test version without the feature enabled. I wish I could be more specific, but that's all I've got.
11/10/2013 17:37:25

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
now we have the ability to hold things can we have a few animations for pick things up to complete the awesomeness
11/10/2013 18:22:03

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
Unfortunately, it seems a lot of users are either missing the Wiki entirely

Am I allowed to admit I don't think I've ever even been into it ? Sorry about that. I will try and contribute now I know about it.

I think it's to do with the redesign of the website. Others have mentioned they never go to the gallery anymore - neither do I, and this can't be good. I'm sure that the average views for any video that we make has gone down as a result. We're all guilty.
11/10/2013 18:22:52

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
fazz68 wrote:
now we have the ability to hold things can we have a few animations for pick things up to complete the awesomeness

Can I second this (of course). Drinking, eating, using guns, doing stuff with stuff....
11/10/2013 18:29:43

MrDrWho13
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
I think it's to do with the redesign of the website. Others have mentioned they never go to the gallery anymore - neither do I, and this can't be good. I'm sure that the average views for any video that we make has gone down as a result. We're all guilty.

Yes, I never look in the gallery anymore, weird.
Would it be possible to automatically log into the wiki if you're logged in on the website?
edited by MrDrWho13 on 11/10/2013
11/10/2013 18:48:14

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I look at the gallery but not as regularly. I think its simply the site has a lot more stuff on it . It needs that stuff though they even have a help desk now. I just remember to browse the gallery once a week. I think the site is pretty well set up the only thing i am not a fan of is the chat option but that's because people are trying to use it as a forum ^^.

I have been to the wiki but even though I can write my issue is time and so i dont want to make the wiki have lots of typos and stuff. I have to find time to sit down and write something and proof read it in that sitting but sometimes that is a bit of an issue so I just avoid writing anything to avoid giving muvizu a reputation of 'god those guys done even proof read what they write'. I will start though and just do it in stages and proof read when I get time to and hope that its good enough. Of course someone can always correct my typos if I miss them I just dont want someone to have to do that.
11/10/2013 19:06:49

Dreeko
ukBerty wrote:
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
Unfortunately, it seems a lot of users are either missing the Wiki entirely

Am I allowed to admit I don't think I've ever even been into it ? Sorry about that. I will try and contribute now I know about it.

Very true Berty but at least today's discussion has highlighted the fact!

Great website btw!
Really looking froward to your forthcoming epic!
edited by Dreeko on 11/10/2013
11/10/2013 19:20:20

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
the only thing i am not a fan of is the chat option but that's because people are trying to use it as a forum ^^.

Yes, the Chat is more of a help desk, and the name is very misleading. Perhaps the Muvizu Gods should think about changing the name?
11/10/2013 20:06:15

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Wiki? What, you mean this?

Every time I try to access it through here, whether it's the one under Community or Help, I get this message - it's been this way since the Wiki was added. And the Twitter feed still never shows up. And even if I could access it, how do you add entries to the Wiki?
11/10/2013 20:18:17

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
fazz68 wrote:

Unfortunately "we" don't have that ability...
11/10/2013 20:26:13

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
Wiki? What, you mean this?

Every time I try to access it through here, whether it's the one under Community or Help, I get this message - it's been this way since the Wiki was added. And the Twitter feed still never shows up. And even if I could access it, how do you add entries to the Wiki?

I can get in i get no errors I and then you login to the wiki with your username from the forums etc. Wierd

the wiki is discriminating against ziggy's it appears
edited by urbanlamb on 11/10/2013
11/10/2013 20:51:40

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
It's not just Ziggy...look what I got when I tried to log on Whaaaaa?
11/10/2013 22:05:55

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
No Dylly, that the Wookiepedia (real site, I kid you not)
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+)