pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
02/03/2014 08:35:34

sofie9536
sofie9536
fazz68, I'll give you 100% right. me makes it almost more fun to tinker assets than making movies.
edited by sofie9536 on 05/03/2014
02/03/2014 14:44:52

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
GeneralVeers wrote:
If I may.

From my prospective, I think it would be a shame if the asset creation were to be infringed upon. Many of us newer users are (currently) able to download a set and look around it and see how the effects are created. We have a saying in the U.S. > "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." On the other hand I see the point of the ones who actually pay for the storage space for these great creations. Herein lies the dilemma.

But on the other side of the coin....When I first discovered Muvizu I thought it was awesome. But in the past few months I've witnessed the advent of use of other software being integrated into the assets. (like the addition of RL faces and such) I don't particularly care for these assets as it takes something away from the beauty of the original idea of Muvizu. (in other words, why can't you guys just use what they give you, and improvise?)
edited by GeneralVeers on 02/03/2014

Don't assume that every mogul or near-mogul has the super-duper play plus version. Some of us grunts are doing it using the everyday free version. Someday, though...
02/03/2014 16:07:14

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
InsaneHamster wrote:
Peanut butter and jelly

02/03/2014 18:18:01

octo-crab
octo-crab
Dreeko wrote:
octo-crab wrote:
Was that a good-bye post, Dreeko?

The Beatles are great! Wiggle
03/03/2014 11:13:25

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Thanks for thoughts everyone. Always useful to open things like this up where possible and to get such constructive contributions.

We're looking at realistic options - more soon.
03/03/2014 16:02:28

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Carole wrote:
Thanks for thoughts everyone. Always useful to open things like this up where possible and to get such constructive contributions.

We're looking at realistic options - more soon.

If you can trust your moguls and set up guidelines a few of us myself included would be pleased to moderate assets and even forums in fact I had considered making the offer of being a spam fighter mod with limited abilities (the only one to remove spam and freeze accounts that do spam as on weekends sometimes the forum gets botted into oblivion). Anyhow in my case at least and a few of us its not hard to moderate assets. I live on the internet and can spot stolen assets most of the time because I hate tv and when i am thinking at work and waiting for the next "brain fart" the first thing I do is open my internet browser and start surfing and reading things (I no longer read paper books and the house has so much more room now that we got rid of the 5 full sized floor to ceiling book cases stacked with books.)

Anyhow if you set up guidelines for a few of us to moderate assets and any questionable stuff can be passed on this would cut the workload down to checking a pm box once a week for stuff that we did not approve.

Although I think the certification program although more elaborate is probably a better idea as it would create a structure muvizu could use in the future and expand on. That way its self governing and people would simply report things like they report a bad forum post and you would deal with it that way instead of screening every single pixel.
edited by urbanlamb on 03/03/2014
03/03/2014 16:20:06

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I would also help with moderation, policing the forums etc.
03/03/2014 16:28:35

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Thanks for that Urban. We will bear your kind offer in mind as things evolve.

For now though, and after factoring in all your generous points, several meaty discussions and a good bit of hmming and hawing we have now reached a conclusion. We will sadly as reported earlier be closing the 3D assets and audio sections of our site. However, the more Muvizu specific set files (ironically with the potential for inclusion of functioning 3D objects) and texture options will remain open.

If one of you does weigh up the implications of running a fan site to host 3D assets and decides to proceed then that’s great and we will of course as Barry said do what we can to support/certify them.

We apologise to those of you who don’t agree with this decision. There will always be business decisions like this to be faced and we will always do our best to balance these with providing a great product and service to our whole user base.
03/03/2014 16:51:27

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
well this seems fair and right.

I like the sets idea anyhow because they download into muvizu via an app. If I have to give out individual assets via a website this I dont mind. I actually prefer just to give out the sets anyhow
03/03/2014 18:29:55

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
as the 3d assets are no longer. here is a brief guide on how i do the process Big Grin
03/03/2014 18:41:43

MrDrWho13
Thanks for the tutorial Fazz!
Brilliant work - hope to see ED-209 in a muvi soon
edited by MrDrWho13 on 03/03/2014
03/03/2014 20:56:23

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
fazz68 wrote:
as the 3d assets are no longer. here is a brief guide on how i do the process Big Grin

sigh - if only I had magic buttons like you Fazz!
04/03/2014 01:14:26

octo-crab
octo-crab
fazz68 wrote:

ROFLMAO
04/03/2014 21:11:44

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
bung? wth is bung?

I'd be more impressed if this were an actual tutorial? I've had such poor luck importing models (ase or fbx) with decent textures...
04/03/2014 21:18:59

MrDrWho13
Bung:

put or throw (something) somewhere in a careless or casual way.
"fill out the reply-paid card and bung it in the post"

(Google is your friend)
edited by MrDrWho13 on 04/03/2014
04/03/2014 21:23:36

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
lol
04/03/2014 21:34:22

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Wizaerd wrote:
bung? wth is bung?

I'd be more impressed if this were an actual tutorial? I've had such poor luck importing models (ase or fbx) with decent textures...

sound is terrible use closed captioning my office is horrible for sound and I tried to clean it and made it worse but If I can do it anyone can lol
you need to learn how to uvmap things then your textures will work properly

this one is how to get a model someone else has uvmapped into muvizu (it was done when play+ was new and collision was a bit wonky but the tutorial is still valid) this will work with ASE as well

edited by urbanlamb on 04/03/2014
05/03/2014 08:39:59

sofie9536
sofie9536
i convert fbx files to obj files. with the Autodesk converter. sketchup can edit obj files. Then I export the obj files to ase files. that's all.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=20481519
05/03/2014 14:49:15

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
sofie9536 wrote:
i convert fbx files to obj files. with the Autodesk converter. sketchup can edit obj files. Then I export the obj files to ase files. that's all.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=20481519

he was asking specifically about textures not the object. Sketchup does't map by default this is something extra that you need to find a way to get to work with minimal effort. From the video you can see that fazz was looking for a way to create a model and then make a custom texture with detail from what I understand about sketchup is that the uvmapping is not great even with a plugin. So I created these tutorial specifically with collision and uvmapping in mind (without actually teaching people to unwrap models for mapping that is a whole other can of worms and people get overwhelmed) so this is a basic entrly level method to easily use objects already mapped from any site and get them into muvizu with a pleasing texture and not just material slots
edited by urbanlamb on 05/03/2014
26/03/2014 12:12:42

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Some of you talk about "Community". This died When Muvizu started Putting their own Animations up on the Gallery, and they ignored any suggestions in how to improve it, such as going back to double the number of icons.
I rarely get any feedback on my uploads, which is awful for me because the feedback is the whole reason I use Muvizu.
Most of my favourite Muvizuers seem to have stopped uploading altogether. Have they all gone Commercial ? If so, good luck to them, they deserve it, but it would be nice to know.
If The Community is still breathing then please let me know. I miss it.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.