Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Just One Piece Competition

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
09/04/2014 12:54:27

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
It’s nearly Easter and (here in the UK at least) inspired by longer daylight hours, and the horror of bikini wearing after all those chocolate eggs, our thoughts traditionally turn to Summer Holidays.

But what if we could fairly effortlessly add a positive, meaningful dimension to our annual travel treat?

It’s competition time!
Read Report

We love nothing more than a juicy creative brief to kickstart creative processes.

I for one can really relate to this one. I’m positively riddled with good intentions and plans to be more proactive but somehow, well, life just seems to get in the way.

We’ve all seen or heard about examples of the power of collaborative effort. The ways small acts of kindness or good intent can impact together and really change things. And it’s fascinating how advances in technology and platforms like Google maps for instance are giving us the chance to tie together each tiny event and to amplify their combined effect.

This really got the cogs turning for a group of folks around the world that call themselves Just One Piece. Passionate about our environment they believe that small, single gestures, made by lots of people, can make a big difference to our environment without any of us really having to do much at all. Like being a really good boy (or girl) scout without having to put in the effort!

Have a read at their plans, explore the inspiring links that they’ve been thinking about so far and then add your own creative thinking to the mix – either in this thread or by entering an animation - it would be amazing to play a part in inspiring a new global movement.

More on the competition.
09/04/2014 13:21:06

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
can my character give the litter bugs a good kicking on the way to the airport and when he spots the litter on the beach, hunt down the perp and fill him full of bullets? i am partial to a bit of muvizu violence........ only joking lol. it sounds like a good idea and if i had the time id give it a whirl but you never know lol
edited by fazz68 on 09/04/2014
09/04/2014 13:59:39

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
We hope you're tempted Fazz. Could be something really simple - often the most effective pieces are as you know.
09/04/2014 22:30:47

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Nice idea... Although I do find it quite amusing that Digimania has created a competition about picking up stuff when doing so with the Muvizu software alone is impossible!

What other long awaited non existent feature will be highlighted in the next competition I wonder lol!!

D
edited by Dreeko on 10/04/2014
10/04/2014 13:16:06

Dreeko
10/04/2014 14:58:27

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
All adds to the fun and the challenge. We do make reference to that 'issue' in the brief.

It's actually as much about the feeling of doing good and how folk pull that off less often than they'd like than the picking up of the litter.

We positively live to amuse. Boogy Dance
10/04/2014 16:29:04

Dreeko
Carole wrote:

We positively live to amuse. Boogy Dance

As do I Carole, as do I..

D
10/04/2014 19:51:22

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I read this yesterday but I had a migraine and alas it made no sense to me so I made not to return and reread that blog today when my neurons would fire in some sort of semi-organized fashion.

First I must think. If I have an epiphony I will do something with it.
10/04/2014 22:50:47

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
urbanlamb wrote:
If I have an epiphony I will do something with it.

"... epiphany, epiphany... oh I know! Bananas are an excellent source of potassium!"
Homer J Simpson
14/04/2014 16:06:14

wdeprospo
wdeprospo
Hi,

Just One Piece Competition...

Enjoy

William
14/04/2014 16:13:28

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Really nice William! Love the simplicity.

Thank you.
14/04/2014 17:27:11

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Wasn't until after we posted the image below on Facebook about the competition prizes that we noticed the slight innuendo. <blush>

Poor wee blobby on the hunt for a holiday romance and having his 'personal hygiene' questioned. That's what he gets for going topless and showing off his white bits.

Anyone else working on an entry for the competition?

15/04/2014 02:16:35

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
yeppers! been working away at it for a few days. Still have a few more days of work to do One question...Is that the right facebook address they want on the end of the video? I copied and pasted it to the address bar and didn't get their facebook page. I want to make sure I am putting right info on the video

Thanks
15/04/2014 09:58:08

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Excellent.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing InsaneHamster - they are involving us early in their efforts to grow the project so I don't think the pages exist quite yet... great to know you're giving it a go. Look forward to seeing the results.
23/04/2014 10:26:59

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
16 days left on this. Just saying.
23/04/2014 18:16:21

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
So far I got nothing.. I guess recycling does not inspire me or something.. anyhow few more days to think of something. Also finally we can go outside so after many months stuck under many feet of snow I am outside getting some sun for a change and getting rid of the cabin fever (plus I am having a new pc built so nothing much happening until i get my shiny new pc!)
06/05/2014 00:18:16

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
Well it's finally done!

I tried to go for more of a commercial type video. So I tried to get it down to a minute but I think I was able to get it to a minute 22.

Editing this was a pain and that's what took so long to get it finished. Not to mention I ended up having to do the voice at the last minute.

I did steal some lines from your write up about the competition http://www.muvizu.com/just-one-piece-competition

I don't know how many times I rewrote this thing lol.

I hope you enjoy it. It's been fun working on it.

06/05/2014 07:37:55

wdeprospo
wdeprospo
It says it all.
06/05/2014 09:28:44

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Really, really nice!

Great V/O too. Thanks for that Hammy (may i call you Hammy? Lol. )

Love it. Two cracking entries in! Could that be it!! Surely not Miss Moneypenny?
edited by Carole on 06/05/2014
07/05/2014 00:30:25

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I think fazz is making one too
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Just One Piece Competition