Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Mouths not moving on lip sync and file errors

the topic is closed
05/03/2015 14:57:32

imyourda
imyourda
Hello,

I've been having a couple of issues, since I updated to the latest version of Play +,

First, when I try to sync dialogue, it will work for the first character, but the 2nd character in the scene's mouth doesn't move at all. I've never had this issue before, and have tried restarting the scene multiple times. (Note- I import my dialogue for all of the characters as one track, which I edit in another program)

The second issue I have is this error, whenever I create a favorite character or object with any textures - "An Object's property has been unexpectedly changed, and this file will not display correctly. "

Any help on these issues is much appreciated-
Thanks!
05/03/2015 17:56:11

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
imyourda wrote:
First, when I try to sync dialogue, it will work for the first character, but the 2nd character in the scene's mouth doesn't move at all. I've never had this issue before, and have tried restarting the scene multiple times.

I have noticed this as well - but there's another factor that I'm trying to track down.

I you create a new .set file with two characters and one audio track and animate the dialogue between them then it works fine.

However if you have an old .set file and import a new character then they will not sync to the existing audio track. If you import the same audio track again and set the new character to sync with that then it's fine. There is another factor as it sometimes works so I'll keep playing...
05/03/2015 18:26:34

imyourda
imyourda
Thanks! I will try that!
09/03/2015 14:57:41

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
imyourda, Can you send the old .set file into support@digimania.com - I'd be interested to find out why this happens.

Did you learn anything more about it ukBerty?

--
Direct, don't animate!
09/03/2015 16:46:57

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Not yet - it was consistently not working with inserting Mandy into an old set file, and then it worked once. Trouble is I've stopped doing this bit now so probably will never get to the bottom of it.
12/03/2015 20:35:16

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Got the mouth thing - assigned an existing (working) dialogue track to a character, and she didn't do anything. Messed around, and found that as long as you hit Switch To Direct, they will behave as usual - doing it the old way, when you could just assign the track in Prepare mode and that was all, no longer works. Seems like it's not generating the actual Talk/Shush track on the timeline unless you go into Direct mode, for some reason.
13/03/2015 09:00:22

shiningmonk
shiningmonk
ziggy72 wrote:
Got the mouth thing - assigned an existing (working) dialogue track to a character, and she didn't do anything. Messed around, and found that as long as you hit Switch To Direct, they will behave as usual - doing it the old way, when you could just assign the track in Prepare mode and that was all, no longer works. Seems like it's not generating the actual Talk/Shush track on the timeline unless you go into Direct mode, for some reason.

Also, exiting Muvizu and restarting seems to work.
13/03/2015 15:59:28

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
I'm still not able to get this to happen.

Here's what I did:

1. Open an old set file (the one imyourda reported problems on)
2. Add a new character
3. Prepare -> Dialogue and assign the track to the new character

then, trying to follow Ziggys point I:

4. Direct -> Dialogue and press play (lip sync worked)

Or

4. Close Prepare Dialogue
5. Direct -> Dialogue and press play (lip sync worked)

I then repeated steps 4 and 5 above using record instead of play, and again the lip sync worked for me.

What am I missing?

--
Direct, don't animate!
13/03/2015 16:10:58

imyourda
imyourda
Hey Jamie,
When I opened the set file again after I sent it to you it worked fine. Maybe the suggestion of restarting it is the solution.
13/03/2015 17:41:59

imyourda
imyourda
Okay, it just happened again when I introduced a new character to the set. So, I saved the set, with the new character added to the scene, and then restarted Muvizu. As soon as it restarted, and opened the scene, the new character will now sync to the dialogue track.
14/03/2015 18:28:04

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
I keep having the same issue. Only fix is to restart every time afterI record a lip sync. Just started after the new update.
15/03/2015 01:13:13

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
Me too!! especially with decaled characters or if you adjust something the lipsync goes awol,until a restart.
luckily i kept my old version alive by uploading the new version to a different directory, so finding the previous muvizu a more stable environment atm.
30/03/2015 15:12:44

sensesfear
sensesfear
Theres a small bug but it's an easy fix all you have to do is redo the audio right so start at the begining. a bit annoying but worth it, lets do tis.:

1) prepare audio: if you have any voice tracks for your character delete them. Re add then import them and then click ok. once thats done close it.
2) next prepare dialoge? not sure i spelled that right but moving on, make sure your character is chosen and make sure he is set to talk. once this is done go ahead and click direct from the same box,
3) make sure you can see you character you are doing the voice for: go ahead and hit record depending on which version of muvizu you are using play-playplus or 3d then this should work he should be talking. if not then your character may have a problem with his face features go under face and redo his beard and lips. If this doesn't work then redo you character all together and it should fix the problem.

It's a process of elimination. Do one step at a time and see what works and what doesn't most of the time it's not the program it's what we tell the program to do, I'll put up a video here in just a few hours on it and hope it helps everyone if anyone wants any other help videos send me a list and I'll do them.
20/05/2015 13:27:57

Brucik
Brucik
It's quite frustrating guys please fix this
20/05/2015 15:32:31

theotherguy
theotherguy
Personally I've found that lip synching works better when there's less going on. I start with one character at a time on an empty set, once I'm happy with the dialogue I start adding stuff.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Mouths not moving on lip sync and file errors