Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? I'm going crazy

the topic is closed
27/12/2015 22:07:37

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
OK, this makes 3Rd time I had to recreate the set for The Empire tries to kick Thier Butts on Hoth,and still having problems loading the set, I would really love to finish this video, please tell me that they are putting up a fix patch for this, I have alot to do!
27/12/2015 23:40:15

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
you probably wont see any life from muvizu till the new year. they normally close up shop over the christmas hols. so dont hold your breath.
28/12/2015 17:21:50

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Well That I understand, I would do the same, anyways thanks for the Info.
29/12/2015 13:07:43

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
clayster2012 wrote:
OK, this makes 3Rd time I had to recreate the set for The Empire tries to kick Thier Butts on Hoth,and still having problems loading the set, I would really love to finish this video, please tell me that they are putting up a fix patch for this, I have alot to do!

The fact that these bugs haven't been dealt with is one of the main reasons I haven't worked on a muvizu project in a while. Why should I drive myself crazy making a Muvizu video, when, in the end, Muvizu might not work? Many unfinished videos are out there.

Whatever happened to the idea of "testers"?
29/12/2015 19:31:36

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
bigwally wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:

The fact that these bugs haven't been dealt with is one of the main reasons I haven't worked on a muvizu project in a while. Why should I drive myself crazy making a Muvizu video, when, in the end, Muvizu might not work? Many unfinished videos are out there.

Whatever happened to the idea of "testers"?

What He Said
29/12/2015 20:27:39

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Please, Clayster, everybody, use v1.5.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=49D7234E5E7C54B9%21161

It doesn't support keyframes, but other than that it works. Never do the automatic update to the new version, never. Download it separately, install it separately, use it separately, but never update your version of Muvizu via the prompt you get when you first load the program (Muvizu HQ, you'd have so many less complaints on here if you just added a warning line to that prompt...not everyone wants to be a tester). Even if a patch comes out tomorrow for v1.6, chances are that it'll just break something else anyway (just going by past history) so use a stable version instead and forget about v1.6 for the moment. Even if you have to rebuild your v1.6 sets, at least you can get on with it for now.
29/12/2015 22:24:42

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Yep, v1.5 all the way, I did the my latest video with it

It works great, with no stress Cool
30/12/2015 01:31:31

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
ziggy72 wrote:
Please, Clayster, everybody, use v1.5.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=49D7234E5E7C54B9%21161

It doesn't support keyframes, but other than that it works. Never do the automatic update to the new version, never. Download it separately, install it separately, use it separately, but never update your version of Muvizu via the prompt you get when you first load the program (Muvizu HQ, you'd have so many less complaints on here if you just added a warning line to that prompt...not everyone wants to be a tester). Even if a patch comes out tomorrow for v1.6, chances are that it'll just break something else anyway (just going by past history) so use a stable version instead and forget about v1.6 for the moment. Even if you have to rebuild your v1.6 sets, at least you can get on with it for now.

Ok Thanks Ziggy72, I'll try going back to v1.5
edited by clayster2012 on 30/12/2015
30/12/2015 01:44:54

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
well I tried going back to v1.5 and I get a bunch of errors and then it crashes, so I guess I'm stuck use the one I had!
30/12/2015 02:54:31

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Ok I got v1.5. to work, but theres one problem, it wont let me load up my sets because they were made with the new version
30/12/2015 18:20:05

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
clayster2012 wrote:
Ok I got v1.5. to work, but theres one problem, it wont let me load up my sets because they were made with the new version

unfortunately, starting over with v.1.5 does require rebuilding anything that was made with a later version. But the upshot is that, after doing so, you won't hit any more road blocks.

My concern is: what if the fix corrects the core problem but doesn't make our stalled projects re-openable? If the problem was caused by omitting just one variable when saving projects, I can't imagine how they'd ever know what to replace.

Bottom line, its a holiday week for a lot of us, and we have time. Rebuilding with a stable version may be the path of least resistance. And if it turns out that our projects can't be reopened after the fix, it might be necessary anyway.

Disclaimer: I'm just speculating a worst case scenario to justify the hassle of starting over, not trying to start a rumor that the fix won't make our stalled projects re-openable.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? I'm going crazy