Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Copy objects from one set to another ?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
24/01/2016 09:08:28

ritsmer
ritsmer
Having made a set with a rock-band playing I suddenly found a Muvizu set on the internet that would be a much better environment than the one I used - and I wonder if I somehow could copy/paste/import/whatever the 50+ objects from this great set into my set - or maybe copy my rockband with characters, actions etc into the other set ?

Yeah, yeah: incredible what Muvizu users can wish for - but it would be a nice thing if it were possible :- )))
24/01/2016 09:27:57

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
open muvizu twice. load one set in one and one in the other. copy and paste away. you wont be able to copy and paste the actions though. as soon as you copy paste a character it loses them.
24/01/2016 13:31:57

ritsmer
ritsmer
Using last stable 1.5 version.

I can select and copy in one instance of Muvizu - but in the other set I can not paste as the "paste" command is grayed out.

It seems that one can only paste in the same Muvizu instance as from where you made the copy.

Anyway - I knew this before - but what I really wanted was to "copy" a full set of ready-made objects into another set - like if I have my rock-band finished with movements, actions etc - and then wanted to copy/import/whatever the existing "Colosseum"-set over the rockband to make them play in Colosseum without having to build the full Colosseum around the band...
24/01/2016 15:46:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
You can right click on the objects one at a time > EDIT > FAVOURITES > SAVE them into the favourites list. Then once they are saved as favourites you can add them to other projects at will.

Based on what we recently learned about how favourites are stored, it makes as much sense to save individual items as favourites as it does to keep whole sets archived. The only disadvantage I can think of is that it would tend to make the favourites list huge and hard to sift through.

But if you are preparing assets for a music related project, it would be practical to go ahead and load up a bunch of music related objects into the favourites list before starting the project.

Then, when the project is over, you can always delete that stuff from favorites to keep it more manageable. Or not. ;-)
24/01/2016 16:03:58

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
fazz68 wrote:
open muvizu twice. load one set in one and one in the other. copy and paste away. you wont be able to copy and paste the actions though. as soon as you copy paste a character it loses them.

You got me excited here Fazz - but I don't think this works.
24/01/2016 16:29:18

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
You can select everything in one set, load up a different one (in the same instance of Muvizu), and then paste it back in. Only problem is making sure there's enough space to paste everything. And, as pointed out, the animation tracks can't be pasted, just the objects and characters. Nothing to stop you doing it a section at a time though, it'd just be a slow process...
24/01/2016 16:31:30

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
ukBerty wrote:
fazz68 wrote:

You got me excited here Fazz - but I don't think this works.

lol yes you are correct Big Grin well it should work... so sort it out muvizu. drag and drop from one program to another would be nice
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Copy objects from one set to another ?