Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Feb 2016 release feedback/bugs

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
05/05/2016 08:07:26

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I have a major issue with keyframing of objects.

You don't seem to be able to "tlit" objects at all. Once you have turned on keyframing for an object it will remain on the same plane.

So create a object (I'm using the fire extinguisher).
Turn on keyframing
Try to make the fire extinguisher fall over and you can't as you can't tilt anything.

This is a major restriction of the keyframing system (in fact it makes it a bit useless).

Am I missing something or is this a real issue ?
05/05/2016 08:27:52

Clam
Clam
ukBerty wrote:

You don't seem to be able to "tlit" objects at all. Once you have turned on keyframing for an object it will remain on the same plane.

Turn on keyframing
Try to make the fire extinguisher fall over and you can't as you can't tilt anything.

This is a major restriction of the keyframing system (in fact it makes it a bit useless).

It works perfectly for me. Version 1.7 on Windows 10.
05/05/2016 10:41:56

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
could it possibly be the case that under the physics tab, "keep upright" is still ticked on?
05/05/2016 11:11:27

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
could it possibly be the case that under the physics tab, "keep upright" is still ticked on?

If I remember rightly, the physics options are disabled when you use keyframe.
05/05/2016 12:27:51

ukBerty
Right - well that was not working this morning !

I have since rebooted and it's working now.

Strange........
05/05/2016 15:15:28

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
As it happens, I just experienced this too - tried to KF animate an object tumbling, but it wouldn't rotate forward, only side to side. Just used normal animation instead of the KF, but if restarting fixes it I'll try again.
05/05/2016 16:47:42

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
after reading this thread I messed with trying to make the fire extinguisher fall over... I never could get it to fall in a straight line. It kept falling in a wide rotation.

I love the keyframing potential, but I wish there was a way to control the positioning more precisely. Maybe there is and I just don't know it yet. Or maybe I know it and I just suck at doing it.
11/05/2016 02:22:24

ziggy72

New one for me - happened just as I hit the Close button on the Make Video bit.
11/05/2016 14:28:55

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
ukBerty wrote:

Turn on keyframing

It works fine for me, Have you tried going into the properties for the object and uncheck the keep object up right, that could have something to do with it, then I'm not really sure if that's the case, but I always do anyways when I use the Key frame.
12/05/2016 00:51:21

primaveranz
primaveranz
PatMarrNC wrote:
I love the keyframing potential, but I wish there was a way to control the positioning more precisely.

I feel your pain it took me hours to do this:- https://vimeo.com/146465646

But as far as I can tell the physics implementation in Muvizu is worse than useless.
edited by primaveranz on 12/05/2016
12/05/2016 01:46:19

primaveranz
primaveranz
ziggy72 wrote:

New one for me - happened just as I hit the Close button on the Make Video bit.

I have had that same message. I just closed a few other things I was running in order to free up some RAM and restarted Muvizu and it worked OK. Might have been coincidence though.
19/05/2016 23:12:39

ziggy72
When keyframing camera movements it still does the 'surprise' 360 degree spin for no reason on certain keyframes. No reason, not doing anything special, been fine for ages, then suddenly I can't keyframe the cameras. Tried deleting and recreating them, save and reload, the usual stuff, but nothing changes. Also, if you animate a camera or object, then delete that animation, it will still always jump back to it's starting point regardless of any other animations you give it (when you active the Timeline).
20/05/2016 07:14:17

ukBerty
ziggy72 wrote:
When keyframing camera movements it still does the 'surprise' 360 degree spin for no reason

I've had this as well - just thought it was me....
20/05/2016 14:47:49

ziggy72
I have noticed it always seems to happen if you move the camera with the right MB in any way, whereas using the left MB doesn't trigger the 360. It also seems to always happen if you add keyframes to an existing chain. I've also noticed that if you select an object (that has a movement animation dot path) and try to rotate it, it will sometimes automatically twist around on itself and point an entirely new way. The animation's still there, it's just been redirected. If you put the object back where it was, and try to rotate the path, it does the same thing again. There's a few odd rotation glitches, and they seem to have arrived with the keyframing addon.
20/05/2016 17:33:12

ukBerty
I think it's when I've added keyframes then - I use the keyboard for movement.

Only been using it for 6 years but it's never really occurred to me to use the mouse - I might check it out !
24/05/2016 17:32:01

ziggy72
Any group of object created in a version before v1.7 automatically scrambles it's position when you attempt to rotate or copy/paste them. Might only happen if you have keyframing enabled, I'm not sure, but there's something up with object rotation.
30/05/2016 11:03:20

ukBerty
New Bug that's driving me nuts.....

Here's how to recreate....

• Create a new set
  • change timeline to 1 sec so there's something to record
  • save the set
  • Make a PNG sequence
  • Open a new set - Muvizu says the set has been changed and do you want to save it even though it hasn't

Now this may seem a little thing, but it's wasting hours of time overall.

My sets can take 30 secs to save. I used to use the "open" feature to see if I had changed anything since last save. Typically I always save before making a video (it used to be a bit crashy at this point and I've never got out the habit). I then make the video - this can take 5-10 mins depending on length. I then want to move onto the next set and I'm not sure if I've saved or not (I'll be working on my second instance of Muvizu while rendering and I'm getting old so can't remember....). So every render now effectively takes 30 secs longer as I have to do an additional save to make sure it will open the same way I rendered it.

I suspect this was a, let's call it, "quick fix" to ensure that the layers you select to render are saved in the set. Instead of setting a flag when these change you have set the flag on "make video" which is not quite the same thing and has led to inefficiencies.

Please could you add it to the list.....
30/05/2016 11:05:06

ukBerty
clayster2012 wrote:
ukBerty wrote:

It works fine for me

Happened again yesterday - a chair would only move in 2 rather than 3 dimensions. Gave up and directed it......

Didn't fix on save and re-open either.
03/06/2016 07:10:51

jgourlay
jgourlay
Hi ukBerty

I noticed the exact same problem but I was able to isolate it to specific objects. Initially I was trying to keyframe Rodrisilva's Citroen 2CV going over the hill in his set and I could only spin or flip the car not tilt to go up or down hill. I tried the triplane and the triangular prism and they worked fine. The wheelbarrow in the farm objects only spins so its not only with imported objects.

The digger worked ok althought the scoop caused some issues coming off the hill!

I'm clueless to the modeling side of things but it appears keyframing requires some specific object settings to allow rotation in all 3 dimensions.

Cheers

JG
01/07/2016 10:08:04

ziggy72
Once an object has been keyframed, you can no longer rotate it in all 3 axis - 2 is all you get. Even if you clear the animations, or Reset all, you can never rotate the object fully again. If you copy and paste the object, it's fine.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Feedback ? Feb 2016 release feedback/bugs