Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Nuts Amok #3

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
03/04/2016 04:59:49

emergencysquirrel
emergencysquirrel
Making some progress with the technique, and the new camera helps. Next time I might write a script BEFORE I shoot the backgrounds.Cool

03/04/2016 07:09:22

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
wow, you've really got the technique of adding Muvizu characters to real video footage down to a science! This looks totally believable... right down to the shadows on the sidewalk!

My only disappointment is that it was only 2 minutes long! I was ready to watch longer!
03/04/2016 09:03:40

ritsmer
ritsmer
Very creative.

I specially like the idea of using a (simulated) "handheld" camera in your films (quite distinct in No 2).

It tricks the viewers perception of what is going on - thereby adding very much "realism" to the final film.

It really shows that the cameraman is standing there recording the Muvizu characters as an integrated part of the real world...

Great!

PS: One question: Which format/codec do you use for getting the Muvizu video into Vegas ? Lagarith with full HD ?
edited by ritsmer on 03/04/2016
03/04/2016 15:27:02

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
This is trippy... love how you varied the lighting to match the real world. Freaky fun Big Grin
03/04/2016 15:37:09

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
This is trippy... love how you varied the lighting to match the real world. Freaky fun Big Grin

I would never have noticed that in a million years... but I'm very impressed that your experience with the software enabled you to notice it immediately, and understand exactly what you were noticing. At BEST, I MIGHT have thought "Hmmm, something I like about this, but I can't define what it is..."
03/04/2016 15:37:09

emergencysquirrel
emergencysquirrel
Hi ritsmer, I output as a png sequence with separate layers for the characters and shadows, then import into Hitfilm.

ritsmer wrote:
Very creative.

I specially like the idea of using a (simulated) "handheld" camera in your films (quite distinct in No 2).

It tricks the viewers perception of what is going on - thereby adding very much "realism" to the final film.

It really shows that the cameraman is standing there recording the Muvizu characters as an integrated part of the real world...

Great!

PS: One question: Which format/codec do you use for getting the Muvizu video into Vegas ? Lagarith with full HD ?
edited by ritsmer on 03/04/2016
03/04/2016 15:44:22

emergencysquirrel
emergencysquirrel
ziggy72 wrote:

Thanks Ziggy, yeah, the lighting is the trick to creating realism. In the bus scene I had a moving backdrop casting shadows on the characters to simulate the moving light from outside the bus, then it slows and stops as the bus does. But the masking is the hard work: frame-by-bleeding-frame!!
03/04/2016 16:02:49

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
emergencysquirrel wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:

Thanks Ziggy, yeah, the lighting is the trick to creating realism. In the bus scene I had a moving backdrop casting shadows on the characters to simulate the moving light from outside the bus, then it slows and stops as the bus does. But the masking is the hard work: frame-by-bleeding-frame!!

VERY CLEVER stuff you're doing! I notice you even lined up the shadows to match the length and direction of the real shadows in your video! GREAT attention to detail!

Please say more about the backdrop casting shadows in the bus... I'm not sure I understand what you did there....
03/04/2016 18:10:22

emergencysquirrel
emergencysquirrel
Pat,
I put two backdrops with animated transparent textures running at different speeds next to the characters, with a point light on the other side, to create a sort of random flickering shadow on the characters, which I keyframed to slow down at the appropriate spot when the bus stops. Could have probably done it with just a flickering light, but I don't think that would have got the sense of movement.... or maybe I'm just too fussy.

PatMarrNC wrote:
emergencysquirrel wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:

VERY CLEVER stuff you're doing! I notice you even lined up the shadows to match the length and direction of the real shadows in your video! GREAT attention to detail!

Please say more about the backdrop casting shadows in the bus... I'm not sure I understand what you did there....
03/04/2016 18:24:42

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
thanks for the clear description! It worked VERY well! Great job all around!
03/04/2016 19:31:28

WabbyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Wabby
J'adore !
04/04/2016 00:21:50

mrmuviz
mrmuviz
Love it!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Nuts Amok #3