Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Mobile Phone Action

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
16/05/2016 19:43:06

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
urbanlamb wrote:

Also 3Dcoat is very cool yup it lacks some things that zbrush has but its actually faster to work with then zbrush for the options that it replicates due to the voxel thing. If you just like to make cool art and never export it to anything else its good for that too. You can make some nice scenes just you know for prettyness right inside it. Although I find it awkward for hard surface modelling its really nice for anything that is organic. Big Grin

Have you tried the Blender Sensei add-on called ZeroBrush (which is apparently named as close to Z-brush as they can get away with, so it must be their intent to mimic its functionality)

But then, if you already have Z-Brush, why would you bother with a knockoff of it...?
16/05/2016 19:54:03

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
urbanlamb wrote:
Also 3Dcoat is very cool yup it lacks some things that zbrush has but its actually faster to work with then zbrush for the options that it replicates due to the voxel thing. If you just like to make cool art and never export it to anything else its good for that too. You can make some nice scenes just you know for prettyness right inside it. Although I find it awkward for hard surface modelling its really nice for anything that is organic. Big Grin

Yeah, for simple stuff I rough it out in something simpler (sketchup, blender, etc) and then give it the Coat treatment Gavel
16/05/2016 20:04:51

ziggy72

It works like Photoshop, and you can link it to PS so that you can edit the UVs in there, save them, and when you come back here the model has already updated. I just paint on the model directly though, which is just so satisfying... Anyway, great program, and I'm still learning.
16/05/2016 20:24:28

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
PatMarrNC wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

Have you tried the Blender Sensei add-on called ZeroBrush (which is apparently named as close to Z-brush as they can get away with, so it must be their intent to mimic its functionality)

But then, if you already have Z-Brush, why would you bother with a knockoff of it...?

I dont like sensei because I already use vanilla blender. I use the sculpting abilities of blender but zbrush & blender don't use voxels and 3dcoat does so its much much faster with 3dcoat.

for instance I was making a set of characters and i wanted the characters to have different clothing appearances I could just lob the heads, hands and feet of the character and duplicate those things and move to another layer and sculpt an entire new midsection.

I use blender a lot but the other tool I use because of its voxel abilities is 3dcoat.
edited by urbanlamb on 18/05/2016
16/05/2016 23:10:44

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
thanks for that info, Urban Lamb and Ziggy... sounds interesting! If I ever get caught up with the other 50 learning curves I have in progress, I'll have to DL that and give it a try!

(Is that screaming face one of your models?)
edited by PatMarrNC on 16/05/2016
16/05/2016 23:24:02

ziggy72
Yes Pat, I made it for Sammamish. She'll be on fire when onscreen. You'll see
17/05/2016 15:25:09

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
PatMarrNC wrote:
thanks for that info, Urban Lamb and Ziggy... sounds interesting! If I ever get caught up with the other 50 learning curves I have in progress, I'll have to DL that and give it a try!

(Is that screaming face one of your models?)
edited by PatMarrNC on 16/05/2016

I think the key here is how much you want to learn the stuff. I am fairly certain that if you sit and work at it you can learn a lot in a few months. 3dCoat is a bit hard the videos on what buttons do what are a bit out of date its true and it also assumes you are already well versed in the process of creating something. However if your willing to read the internet basically and sit and watch videos until it makes sense anyone can learn this stuff. ...even blender.

I learned 3dcoat in maybe a week because of the fact I had already a grounding and it was a matter of using the interface. If your starting from scratch the basic process and learning it will take a month or two I would think to get to the point of at least being able to create something for yourself that is usable and pleasing.

It may not obey all the rules and principles of modelling for realtime engines but that is another step in and of itself. The point is to learn how to do it first and then pile on more info afterwards when your ready. We all had to start somewhere
edited by urbanlamb on 17/05/2016
17/05/2016 15:53:09

ziggy72
Regards that, it took me a month of banging my head off it to learn 3d Coat, and even then it was with Urban's help. A lot of Urban's help! I think the real breakthrough came when I realised the 'help' and tutorials were actually very little help, and I should plough on regardless and learn it my own way. That worked
17/05/2016 16:46:59

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I think the key here is how much you want to learn the stuff. I am fairly certain that if you sit and work at it you can learn a lot in a few months.

That's good advice, and I agree with it. But its kind of like saying that one's ability to eat an elephant depends on how much one wants to eat an elephant. No matter what the goal, its always one bite at a time. The question is... do you keep taking bites? Or do you give up?

Multiple learning curves (I want to eat a LOT of elephants) means you fill up faster.

I love learning, and I have no problem immersing myself when I decide to do so. But I've found that (for me) it's better to pick my battles and my learning curves so that I can maintain my appetite for each entree. Most of my learning curves have remained interesting for years... a few hit dead ends and dropped off the list.

In my case that manifests as using a variety of less robust programs, oftentimes using them only for one or two things at which they excel. I accept the fact that at some point I will need capability that my current stable of tools can't provide, and then I'll have an incentive to eat another elephant.
edited by PatMarrNC on 17/05/2016
17/05/2016 20:43:43

ziggy72
ziggy72 wrote:
I use the same fake arm, as it happens, although I'm going to make a new one.

Better now
17/05/2016 20:44:32

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Much better Ziggy!
Looks identical to the Muvizu one.
16/07/2016 21:16:52

tonyob67
tonyob67
can you sher themziggy72 wrote:

This is the plan We have keyframes now, we don't necessarily need the rest of the character's body all the time... I'm going to make a sequence of arm shapes based on this one (if it looks right, haven't been in to Muvizu to check it yet). They will each have a UV map so you can texture them the same way as your character.

Hello, Do you have the arms ready?can you shared them? Please?
We should have a separated blog, web page or forum so we can share all our assets..
Maybe it's just me, but since I work with muvizu, I see people that looks like my characters everywhere....Hahaha
Thank you
16/07/2016 21:18:01

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
We used to be able to upload assets to the store, but we can't any more due to server costs or something.
16/07/2016 21:44:54

ziggy72
The arms are available here :

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic5734-arm-yourself.aspx
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Feedback ? Mobile Phone Action