Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Is there a way to add text to characters in Muvizu

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
19/06/2016 17:28:16

Rocque
Rocque
I see that Clayster has mastered adding text to his animations. I am working on an entry to the competition, and want to add speech bubbles and text, but so far my searching has not produced any help. I hope if you are successful with doing this that you will share how you do it.
Thanks in advance.
19/06/2016 19:04:45

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I use a video editor and add speech bubbles that way when I put my video together i make blank speech bubbles and position them where I want and then in another 3rd layer I type the text and arrange it so it fits in the bubble.
19/06/2016 20:26:22

Rocque
Rocque
urbanlamb wrote:
I use a video editor and add speech bubbles that way when I put my video together i make blank speech bubbles and position them where I want and then in another 3rd layer I type the text and arrange it so it fits in the bubble.

Thanks for answering my question, urbanlamb. What editor do you use to add the speech bubbles? It seems I lack the right editing tools to do everything in one place right now.
19/06/2016 21:53:09

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I have corel video ultimate, but it doesn't really matter which editor you use. I made my own bubbles in photoshop originally and then just overlayed them on the timeline although I think they have some premade ones I just make my own blank bubbles and then type the text in. I think you can even do this with the youtube video editor.
19/06/2016 22:16:46

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
You know, you could make the speech bubbles as images with a transparent background (a PNG file from photoshop or what have you) and have the bubbles displayed as backdrops - you could then just animate their visibility inside Muvizu. That would work.
19/06/2016 23:27:40

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
yeah that is possible too i just am used to the other way
20/06/2016 00:22:50

Rocque
Rocque
Now I have two different ways to try. I know I can get speech bubbles in Microsoft. I am going to attempt making them using GIMP and see what happens. I am really a basic GIMP or any other photo editing user, so it will be fun to learn something new.

I looked at HitFim4 Express and did not see any speech bubbles available. Maybe they are there but they are not in the tutorials.

Thanks again for your help.
20/06/2016 01:32:25

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
if you don't want to bother with making a thought bubble yourself, online you'll find a ton of them already made

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVieGO2dXRGUAM94nnIlQ?p=thought+bubble&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

same goes for speech bubbles:
https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEV7jSDmhX6CIANlknnIlQ?p=speech+bubbles&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

edited by PatMarrNC on 20/06/2016
20/06/2016 16:35:23

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Rocque wrote:
Now I have two different ways to try. I know I can get speech bubbles in Microsoft. I am going to attempt making them using GIMP and see what happens. I am really a basic GIMP or any other photo editing user, so it will be fun to learn something new.

I looked at HitFim4 Express and did not see any speech bubbles available. Maybe they are there but they are not in the tutorials.

Thanks again for your help.

try krita its made by the guy who left gimp cause it was so hard to use and no one wanted to implement his stuff LOL now gimp lies stagnant and krita is kept up to date

https://krita.org/en/ gimp has some wierdness it always gets "stuck" and i can't complete what I am doing and they never fixed it. This is a design issue and I think this is why there was a split. Krita has no such blocking issues like that.
edited by urbanlamb on 20/06/2016
21/06/2016 05:12:29

Rocque
Rocque
Thanks for this information urbanlamb. I have been reading Gimp tutorials tonight about adding speech bubbles. GIMP has just added another update, so I will look at krita instead of updating GIMP for now. I just rendered my first character skin using GIMP, and it went really slow since I am very basic with using it, and the results look better on my character then they did on the grids, that is for sure.

I can see that to be able to create what I want to on Muvizu that I am going to have to learn a lot more about designing custom things, and using editors. I would rather do this than watch mindless television though.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Is there a way to add text to characters in Muvizu