Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Rendering thread exeption: Fatal error! Out of mem

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
17/07/2016 22:51:31

dougwmetzger
dougwmetzger
I realize Muvizu is an inexpensive program, that it has its glitches, that moving objects is awkward, and all that. Fine, fine, fine. It has many other good qualities, not the least of which is a huge asset library, thanks to the creative community of users.

Here's the problem I'm having, though. I cannot export a video clip of more than 5-6 seconds duration. Initially I thought it was because my scene had too many objects and characters. But even after opening a new file, with a single character and a blank background, and directing the character to make about 50 seconds worth of hand gestures, and trying to export this to a video, I have the same out of memory error.

It's not my computer, since I have a powerful machine that runs high quality audio all the time. Is this just one of Muvizu's many deficiencies? You can't create a video of more six or seven seconds in length, and have to cut that often?
18/07/2016 00:29:51

primaveranz
primaveranz
pkrska wrote:
I think the company is closed down. No resolve from their site, which doesn't work anymore.
They are out of business so no support.

No they are still in business. Did you log a call on the Support link under the Help menu?
18/07/2016 00:33:09

primaveranz
primaveranz
dougwmetzger wrote:
Is this just one of Muvizu's many deficiencies? You can't create a video of more six or seven seconds in length, and have to cut that often?

No I am rendering 2 or 3 minute clips with no issues. Do you get the same issues if you render as MP4 rather than AVI (which is uncompressed) ?

Maybe there is a Temp file setting somewhere that needs changed. Have you logged a call with the exact message to the Support link under the Help menu above?
18/07/2016 00:58:24

Rocque
Rocque
Muvizu is up and running and there is a lot of help in this forum. Your output has a lot to do with how long it takes to render it. Hopefully the people with more experience than I have will be here to help you soon. Submitting the support ticket is a good suggestion. I only render short scenes because it gives me more flexibility, and I save them as Image Sequence files. I learned that through other members. Then I import the images into another editor. It sounds complicated, but once you see the types of animations being created here, you will know why people make them that way.

Please give Muvizu a chance and get to know the positive people who are happy to help on this forum.
18/07/2016 07:46:34

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Muvizu is not out of business, but updates aren't as regular because it's only a small team working on it. If you send a support ticket then you'll get a response within the week if not within the day. http://www.muvizu.com/Support
It's been a while since anyone has had this kind of crash so I'd be interested to hear the cause.
18/07/2016 13:16:27

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
dougwmetzger wrote:
It's not my computer, since I have a powerful machine that runs high quality audio all the time. Is this just one of Muvizu's many deficiencies? You can't create a video of more six or seven seconds in length, and have to cut that often?

So, tell us the specs of this other machine you trying to use. That would be a good start.

Did you try loading the set file onto your own "powerful machine" to see if it works there?
edited by bigwally on 18/07/2016
18/07/2016 13:22:34

bigwally
pkrska wrote:
I think the company is closed down. No resolve from their site, which doesn't work anymore.
They are out of business so no support.

Really? Do you like spreading falsehoods around? Your input sounds rather "troll-ish".wtf

18/07/2016 13:34:19

MrDrWho13
bigwally wrote:
dougwmetzger wrote:

So, tell us the specs of this other machine you trying to use. That would be a good start.

Did you try loading the set file onto your own "powerful machine" to see if it works there?

I think you may have mis-read the sentence there, bigwally. "It's not my computer" rather than "It's not my computer"

You do bring up a good point though, we don't know if doug's video card is powerful enough.

You may need to check what card you have, doug, because if you have something less powerful than a GTX 750 you may start running into trouble.

Support may have got in touch by now though.
18/07/2016 16:22:54

dougwmetzger
dougwmetzger
Hey thanks for all the replies so far, guys. It's encouraging that the Muvizu community can still help a new person. Bigwally, you're right - I should have posted some specs.

Memory: 16 GBS of DDR 3

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series, 650 MHZ core, 512 MBytes Size

Processor: Intel Core i3 2100

Looking at those specs, the 512 MB graphics card does sound pretty dinky. I do a lot of Pro Tools and VST sound recording, so I've never thought twice about the graphics card. So if anyone thinks that might be something to change, I can do that with no problem. Another option might be to change the bitrate output of the video, maybe? I'm glad to put a new graphics card in, though, if that's what's required.

I can't stress enough that I would love to use Muvizu if I can get it to work. A lot about it, not the least of which is the user asset library, seems almost too good to be true, and I have taught myself to use it, and have been happy with the overall functionality, except for this exporting thing. So it's really nice to hear from you folks!
18/07/2016 16:28:08

MrDrWho13
I think you should wait for a response from support before buying anything so you know your problem is not just a bug or something.
For an upgrade, you'll probably want to look into these cards (In order of price, cheapest first) depending on your budget:
GTX 750ti
RX 480
GTX 1060
GTX 1070 -You don't really need this much power, but if you plan to expand into video editing and such, this will speed things up.
GTX 1080
edited by MrDrWho13 on 18/07/2016
18/07/2016 20:45:55

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
you dont need an nvidia 750ti i have never run muvizu on a card like that I used a 560 and a 660ti with no issues.

I would suggest looking at the "recommended" specs because those cards although nice are exceeding the recommended specs. The muvizu recommended specs are 460 and above. I would say the cpu is the issue here more then anything.

I would avoid the minimum specs that means it will barely run, but no you dont need those cards to run it it ran quite well for me with a 560 I just wanted to build bone crushing sets and use 20 characters at once so i then upgraded to a 660ti.
http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/52/troubleshooting-recommended-computer-specifications

OSWindows 7 - 64bit

ProcessorQuad Core Intel i5/i7 or AMD Athlon II X4

Memory8 GB RAM

GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850 (Hardware Shader Model 3.0 compatible with 1GB of RAM)

DirectX®11

Hard Drive2 GB free space

SoundDirectX Compatible (Recommended Surround Sound 5.1 capable)

edited by urbanlamb on 18/07/2016
18/07/2016 20:48:41

MrDrWho13
Urbanlamb's right, you will likely never need anything more powerful than an RX480, although I think there is a benefit to using something on par with, or more powerful than, the GTX 750ti.
Here's the official specs anyway: http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/52/recommended-computer-specifications

For reference: I know a couple of Moguls use the GTX 970 which is roughly as powerful as the RX480 (To my knowledge). (Is it ukBerty or Ziggy72 that uses it? I can't remember any more :/ )
18/07/2016 20:59:07

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I presently am using a 980ti and have a hexcore i7 with 12 logical cpu's and 32 gigs of ram and its water cooled and has 3 internal 2 terrabyte hard drive so of course anything above the recommended specs will run it better. However that is a bleeding edge computer and muvizu does not require a bleeding edge to run it.

It ran extremely well on my old system which was using a first generation i7, 12 gigs of ram and a 660ti .

I would not tell someone to use this software on a beast system as a starting point though.
18/07/2016 21:09:51

MrDrWho13
I'm using the old radeon hd7770 2gb (a touch less power than the 750ti), and that provides quite a bit of power, but I can't work on very crowded scenes, or scenes with 100% shadow sharpness.
While we're talking about PC upgrades: if you don't already have one, consider using an ssd. It cuts your boot time to a few seconds, and program will open almost instantly. (That's just a general thing though, and requires more effort than just changing a graphics card)
18/07/2016 21:15:55

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
MrDrWho13 wrote:

For reference: I know a couple of Moguls use the GTX 970 which is roughly as powerful as the RX480 (To my knowledge). (Is it ukBerty or Ziggy72 that uses it? I can't remember any more :/ )

I currently have a GTX 980 Ti and have no complaints....
18/07/2016 21:33:12

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
GTX 970 I got, and have no complaints on GTA V or Skyrim. Oh wait, and Muvizu too Big Grin Don't listen to people who tell you that you don't need the power - MORE POWER!!
19/07/2016 00:05:32

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lol you guys

what i was trying to say is basically he probably can get a graphics card for free that will run muvizu if he is trying to get past that error. Although the cpu is also pretty weak it could be the entire system. I personally would not sink money into that system although I guess if the card didnt help you can move it over, but the idea is to not throw money at it if its the cpu as well.

I have literally thrown out pc's that were capable of running muvizu... so that being said I think he can get a servicable nvidia 560 or 660 for 0.00 and see if it runs it

unless of course one is just wanting to build an entire new pc in which case more power is a good rule to live by Big Grin
edited by urbanlamb on 19/07/2016
19/07/2016 01:02:15

bigwally
How about Muvizu-ing with a computer that is sadly less than minimum requirements.

Since my main computer had conked out about a year ago, I've been using a computer that my son rescued from the trash.

Specs:
Lenovo A-55
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz
DirectX 9 (DX11 just won't work with this piece of cr*p)
Windows 10 32-bit (3 GB usable RAM)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Seems it's below all recommended specs, yet I can still produce videos, although it would explain why I go totally nuts when I make any video. Some day my son will find a I3 or I5 system in the trash for me.
19/07/2016 01:04:27

bigwally
urbanlamb wrote:
I have literally thrown out pc's that were capable of running muvizu... so that being said I think he can get a servicable nvidia 560 or 660 for 0.00 and see if it runs it

I wish that was true.
19/07/2016 01:20:55

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
bigwally wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

I wish that was true.

Oh well i have thrown out two pcs like less then a month ago both were using muvizu one had a 560 and the other a 660 and those are the cards I ran muvizu with. Even the play+. I only recently replaced my pc and didnt install muvizu on it. I moved my muvizu to the pc with the 660 and found it worked fine. The purple seuss thing was done on the pc with the 660. Everything else was using a 560. So I dont know why it suddenly wouldn't work unless there is something wrong with muvizu in which case throwing money at a card wont solve the problem.
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Tech Help ? Rendering thread exeption: Fatal error! Out of mem