Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? Middle East objects [Collaboration?]

pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
11/08/2016 11:49:27

primaveranz
primaveranz
Anticip wrote:
... I've even tried to create a toto.bmp file at the exact place the error message says it's missing. Without any success this far

Can you show us a screenshot of the file in the above path location? When I get that error it is always because I have the toto.bmp in the wrong place. I just copy it to the right place and it works.
11/08/2016 14:42:13

gimmick
gimmick
Hello, Here is an example of code in an ASE file with toto.bmp and 2 textures. Hope it helps :
*SUBMATERIAL 0 {
*MATERIAL_NAME "Engine.DefaultTexture"
*MATERIAL_CLASS "Standard"
*MAP_DIFFUSE {
*MAP_CLASS "Bitmap"
*BITMAP "C:\ut3\toto.bmp"
*UVW_U_OFFSET 0.0
*UVW_V_OFFSET 0.0
*UVW_U_TILING 1.0
*UVW_V_TILING 1.0
}
*SUBMATERIAL 1 {
*MATERIAL_NAME "Wood"
*MAP_DIFFUSE {
*MAP_CLASS "Bitmap"
*BITMAP "D:\MUVIZU\textures\Wood.jpg"
*UVW_U_OFFSET 0.0
*UVW_V_OFFSET 0.0
*UVW_U_TILING 1.0
*UVW_V_TILING 1.0
}
*SUBMATERIAL 2 {
*MATERIAL_NAME "wall"
*MAP_DIFFUSE {
*MAP_CLASS "Bitmap"
*BITMAP "D:\MUVIZU\textures\wall.jpg"
*UVW_U_OFFSET 0.0
*UVW_V_OFFSET 0.0
*UVW_U_TILING 1.0
*UVW_V_TILING 1.0
}

so I've created a document named toto.bmp, 100 px per 100px,

I think it's better if toto.bmp and all textures are files with 256x256 pixels (or 128, 512, 1024 etc)
edited by gimmick on 11/08/2016
11/08/2016 14:54:26

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Yeah, that should work. Is your toto.bmp at the correct resolution? (512x512, or 256x256, for example?)

Looks like we both posted the same thing at the same time Another way around this problem is to delete the folder references entirely so the textures, toto, and ASE are all in the same folder.

So, in gimmick's example above, for the textures it would read :

*BITMAP "toto.bmp"

*BITMAP "Wood.jpg"

*BITMAP "wall.jpg"

Etc... The pathing might be a problem because of Bootcamp, so removing them from the equation might help.
edited by ziggy72 on 11/08/2016
11/08/2016 15:16:28

Anticip
Anticip
Hey ! Good news ! the toto .bmp thing is now fixed. Huge thanks to all especially to MrDrWho13 as for some reason the toto bmp he hosted on Gdrive solved the problem.

Though I know have a brand new problem, all my assets imported from SU8 have no textures at all whatsoever, they are plain cyan (color) as is his toto.bmp file haha. Needeless to say that a full cyan AK47 coupled with a cyan kevlar vest just looks horrible haha.

Any ideas as how I might bring the original textures along in Muvizu ?

And second question is there a metric standard for imports / exports. So I create / import assets from SU in a size that fits Muvizu ? I'm kinda working blind on this one, at times my objects are ridiculously big, like an AK47 20 times my hero's size in muvizu or the reverse, the ak47 is big as a needle, and the options to change its size are rather limited in muvizu, like you can double it or reduce it by half, but not change it 20 times bigger or smaller ... ty guys you rock !

Thanks all !

Here is the ASE file where all textures are toto.bmp obviously

edited by Anticip on 11/08/2016
edited by Anticip on 11/08/2016
11/08/2016 15:20:21

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Since that worked, I think your problem was your file was toto.bmp.bmp
The others can help with the textures.
11/08/2016 15:55:15

gimmick
gimmick
all my assets imported from SU8 have no textures at all whatsoever, they are plain cyan (color) as is his toto.bmp file

In your ASE, you should change all the lines
*BITMAP "C:\ut3\toto.bmp" by something like *BITMAP "C:\ut3\color_005.jpg"

And create these missing textures 256 x256 color_005.jpg color_006.jpg color_009.jpg in the same color as SU

You could also export materials from SU like metal.jpg, wood.jpg etc. (right click on each material)

edited by gimmick on 11/08/2016
11/08/2016 19:17:47

ziggy72
You usually have to reassign each texture to each slot for most ASEs once you get it into Muvizu. If the textures aren't already stored seperately with the ASE file, I'd recommend you use this little plugin for Sketchup :

http://www.scriptspot.com/sketchup/plugins/free-raylectron-sketchup-textures-exporter-plugin

It exports all the textures from the Sketchup model to a directory of your choice with one click. Great little thing. And as for the scaling - I use the standard Susan starting figure as my guide. If you scale stuff so that she could feasibly use it, you're in the right area for Muvizu.
11/08/2016 21:05:23

gimmick
gimmick
It exports all the textures from the Sketchup model

Thank you Ziggy for this plugin. But is it ok for export also the SU colors?
Normally, SU exports textures but doesn't export RGB colors of the models and one must create 256x256 squares like "red.png", "yellow.png", etc.
11/08/2016 21:49:15

ziggy72
No, it doesn't export the colours, just the textures. In Muvizu you can assign the colour for each section yourself anyway.
12/08/2016 09:26:23

Anticip
Anticip
Thanks a lot for the tips Ziggy I'm gonna try that

Edit : tried and it works, thanks to all of you this is moving forward ! I now have a guy with an AK47 with okish textures.

I've got two glitches though :

1- If I import the item separately I can import as a two sided item (great!) but it appears on my set but no way I can click on it and make it move, only way to select it is by "select all" than manually unselect all the other items of the set, and even then I don't access the option panel. I think that maybe the "clickable point of the item" is reall yfar from the item itself ? Any idea ?

2- If I import the item as a "hand item" then I don't have the option to import it with 2 sides. And it becomes really glitchy because depending on the angle you can often "see through" the item. Any tips ?

See here :

And from the other side it's deferent parts of the gun that becomes transparent :

Next and hopefully last question that comes in mind, are there any tutorials or tricks to make characters to pose ?

Like I would like my soldiers to be able to just stand with their rifles or guns aiming, (not shooting) so I imagine I could freeze the shooting animation (under western) mid way but is it really possible ? Is there like a camera trick or smthg ?

Like in a bank robbery : you point your gun at someone but you don't necessarly shoot at him Thx a lot people !
edited by Anticip on 12/08/2016
12/08/2016 12:47:37

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
the see-thru condition on the weapon is due to the way it was modelled. It's common practice among some modellers to create a 2d shape, (like the contour of the gunstock) then copy it for the other side in order to make the 2d shape into a 3d object.

The problem with this approach is that now Muvizu thinks one of those surfaces is pointing inward while the other surface is pointing outward. . Inward pointing surfaces will always be see-thru in Muvizu.

To remedy the problem, you can either delete the offending parts of the weapon and recreate them so they face outward, or you can hilite them and reverse the vector. Hope that explanation made sense, because its the only way I know how to explain it.

a semi visual representation:

When a surface is created it has a vector (basically a direction its facing)... typically it faces in the direction in which it was created (facing you). The vector side is visible, the other side is see thru

vector ^ ^^^^^^^^
surface _____________________

When you copy the same surface and move it to create a 3d object, you get two surfaces with vector pointing the same direction, so from one side both surfaces are visible, while from the other side neither surface is visible. That's the problem you're having

vector ^^^^^^^^^^
surface____________________ (one side)

vector ^^^^^^^^^^^
surface___________________ (other side)

what you want to end up with is this surface-vector condition:

vector ^^^^^^^^^^
surface____________________ (one side)

surface___________________ (other side)

vector v v v v v v v v v v

both sides are now facing outward so they will be visible from both directions
12/08/2016 12:50:46

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
regarding static poses that don't exist in Muvizu:

If you can model, the OBJ files that Ikes and Ziggy made available can be posed and textured in a modelling program

The OBJ files can be found here:
https://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic5765-base-character-reference-models.aspx
12/08/2016 13:13:18

gimmick
gimmick
About transparency, some AK47 into 3Dwarehouse have reverse surfaces.

We can see these reverse surfaces in Sketchup with the "Monochrom" view and thus correct the model.
12/08/2016 20:53:18

ziggy72
I've been asking for the same import options the program uses to be applied to character attachments so we can turn on double-sides for... a long while. The only solution is to use a 'closed' model - It must have only one continuous skin covering it, no overlaps or segments with different textures, no intersections. Most models don't do that, which is why we need double sided import options for characters. So, you need to find a rifle model with no holes. Good luck!

As for the poses, you'll have to fake it in your video editor (hold the frame) or use my fake arms to pose them to look like they're aiming. The fake arm approach would probably work best, because it means you're not attaching the rifle to the character, and so you get around the double sided problem.
12/08/2016 21:42:10

gimmick
gimmick
So, you need to find a rifle model with no holes. Good luck!

Below, this coloured AK seems to be correct but the blue surfaces show the errors. But it's easy to remove the errors by reversing these blue surfaces before to export the model.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=216637165f69a2b5be0132953bc535f3
12/08/2016 22:30:51

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
as a static pose holding a gun or rifle, There is a "gun" action under the guitar and bass category that holds the pose, maybe that's useable...
12/08/2016 22:31:12

ziggy72
Nice find gimmick - I don't have many weapon models, not my bag
12/08/2016 23:19:23

ziggy72
gimmick wrote:
So, you need to find a rifle model with no holes. Good luck!

Below, this coloured AK seems to be correct but the blue surfaces show the errors. But it's easy to remove the errors by reversing these blue surfaces before to export the model.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=216637165f69a2b5be0132953bc535f3

Hmm... turns out that model had some more issues too, including the shadows being a bit borked once you brought it into Muvizu. I fixed it.

So, everyone, if you want an AK47 that works single sided, get it here :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ALlUfF5OI9dJgTU

It's also a standard low collision model for non character use.

Oops, forgot to mention - All credit for the gun goes to the creator on 3D Warehouse 'BJNinja'. I only tweaked it a bit for Muvizu use.
edited by ziggy72 on 12/08/2016
16/08/2016 16:15:12

Anticip
Anticip
Thanks a lot Ziggy this is fantastic ! I'm very grateful for all the helping hands lend by one and all !

Next issue which is killing me : The SPIN 2 WIN camera. God I hate that. I'm animating my cameras with key frames so that they move through my set (nothing fancy here) except that for some crazy reason the camera often starts spinning along the way doing 360° footage of everything like my character is turning around while moving forward (1st person camera).

WTF is that ? Really makes me crazy because I'm very careful with my keyframes, or at least I try to be. Even on a very straight line where I haven't moved the camera sideways or up and down it starts spinning like crazy.

How do I make it stable so it doesn't dare to turn around ? Automatic or linear doesn't seem to make any difference regarding that issue. Thanks for the help !
16/08/2016 16:21:44

ziggy72
The 'surprise 360' is a bug in the program, introduced with keyframing. Still waiting on a fix. In the meantime, I've found that the only way to get it to work (most of the time) is to do all your keyframes and movements in one go - don't stop, leave camera direction and then come back to the timeline to add/edit any keyframes, as this seems to be when the 360s start to happen all the time. Still, even then...

Also, once it starts doing the 360 spin it pretty much means it'll do it for the rest of that session, so restarting Muvizu is recommended.
edited by ziggy72 on 16/08/2016
pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? Middle East objects [Collaboration?]