Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Anyone recommend good editing software?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
13/10/2016 03:40:22

AllClass
AllClass
Have been using windows media player, which I believe is pretty terrible. For some reason when rendering my muvizu projects, a 7 second clip in HD ends up being a 2GB file and Movie Maker cannot sustain it.

If anyone knows a work around, or just decent, free editing software would really appreciate the tips
Thanks
13/10/2016 04:18:21

Rocque
Rocque
I tried Windows Movie Maker and Camtasia, then ukBerty told a lot of us about HitFilm and since there is a free version I went there. I love it. There are lots and lots of tutorials and you can do a whole lot with the free one. They had a sale on the upgrade and I appreciated all the tutorials and help with support that I upgraded. I just wish I had more time to use it.

The successful animators here export short clips as sequences that render the best. You can import sequences into HitFilm and then have fun editing there frame by frame or however you like to edit. You can record dialog here to get the lip syncing working and then add a "real" soundtrack to HitFilm. They have a pretty good list of special effects or you can import your own.

It is a program where there is room to grow if you are new to the world of visual effects and editing, or where you will appreciate all they offer for free if you have more experience.
13/10/2016 07:01:38

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
AllClass wrote:
Have been using windows media player, which I believe is pretty terrible. For some reason when rendering my muvizu projects, a 7 second clip in HD ends up being a 2GB file and Movie Maker cannot sustain it.

If anyone knows a work around, or just decent, free editing software would really appreciate the tips
Thanks

I would agree with Rocque that HitFilm is the best free video editing software out there.

As for the 2GB clip issue, that's caused by the AVI version which Muvizu uses, so to fix it you should use either MP4 or Image sequence outputs rather than AVI. Image sequence are the best output since they're not compressed in any way, but you do need to use a video editor/compositor to import them. (Unlike MP4 where it's just a video)
14/10/2016 00:38:52

AllClass
AllClass
Thanks Roque and DrWho

You two are always very helpful and supportive
Using the MP4 instead of AVI works a treat - thanks heaps
28/11/2016 19:18:28

Steven547
Steven547
I've always used Corel Videostudio. I find it very good and has a lot of different features. If you're "new" to editing, it's pretty easy to pick up.
22/12/2016 03:48:10

Robert2
Robert2
Hi, I always use these free mp4 editors to edit video for uploading on YouTube. They have many useful functions for editing videos such as trimming, cropping, rotating, adding picture, etc. And I don't need to pay any pence to use them.
22/12/2016 08:18:39

ritsmer
ritsmer
Here I'm using the Vegas Pro - which has many features.
Besides you can buy a lot of great plug-ins for extra effects, transitions, compositing etc. from companies like BorisFX and NewBlue FX.

But it might be kinda overkill for many users.
Still remember the first time some 15 years ago when I started the program the first time thinking: What an error buying this - I will never learn what all the buttons and sliders and menus and settings are for
14/01/2017 19:07:03

zeke365
zeke365
I use cyberlink powerdirector (my version is 13) and I really like it simple to use yet very powerful check out.
14/01/2017 19:37:09

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I've been using AVS video editor. Works well for my purposes.
14/01/2017 21:49:44

35litretheatre
35litretheatre
I loved Movie Maker but found that it didn't save audio properly on Windows 10. Whenever I closed a project the audio would be corrupted when I next opened it. If you find you have this problem I'd recommend trying out filmora.wondershare.com
It's pretty similar to Movie Maker, free to use, and just $60 for a lifetime license if you want to remove the watermark (and you will need to as it's huge). I guess it depends how good you are with technology - I need simple, so Filmora is perfect for me.
15/01/2017 01:02:11

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
software preference is such an individual choice, advising people what software to use is much like telling them what condiments to put on their sandwiches. I guess the best advice is to use whatever software makes the most sense to you.
15/01/2017 16:18:54

MatHeib
MatHeib
If you're looking for somethin more advanced, I can recommend DaVinci Resolve 12.5. It's professional editing software and it's free.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Anyone recommend good editing software?