Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu Should Become Commercial Software

the topic is closed
29/09/2010 06:14:42

iwansuryo
iwansuryo
I love Muvizu very much. My child, an 8 years old girl, now for the very first time trying to make her own film. She has makes some sets and spending much time playing with Muvizu.

But sadly, Muvizu is not for animator. The biggest lack of Muvizu is exporting facilities, to make it connect with any 3D application.

I think Muvizu commercial edition with price on the range of slightly below 500 USD is very affordable. You can make free update for a year dynamically with this commercial edition. I will buy it because I love it.

The features that I request for the commercial edition is BVH import to apply to any character and COLLADA export. Maybe Muvizu team can make character rigging open for any user too, but it is very optional.

Thank you for considering my suggestions. With just export import option for commercial edition, Muvizu can be developed more quickly and we will see new type of animation becoming popular from all over the world.

Iwan Suryolaksono
29/09/2010 13:05:20

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
i personally think the development rate of this software is outstanding and i don't think sticking a price on it will make the features come any quicker

It is what it is, and i dont want it to become a 3d max imitation

I think more in depth features will appear but the whole notion of near instant animation has to remain because it is this that makes it stand out from the crowd

cheers

D
29/09/2010 18:48:13

Norrie
Norrie
The danger with that is it deviates from "make flicks" to "make money" model.
Look at iClone: so many people selling things, so few making movies.

Personally I love the Muvizu stuff I've watched for its spontaneity – all about the fun.
30/09/2010 09:40:32

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
@Norrie & Dreeko,

Exactly my thoughts !

I also like Muvizu because it's different from other 3d programs.
I don't think it is necessary to implement every kind of feature like glow maps and other knick-knack to inspire people to be creative in 3D animation.

I bought iClone about 1.5 years ago, but what keeps me from publishing videos is on the one hand the harsh restrictions of the "GEMA" (Link - I can't even watch some of my own old videos), on the other the "pseudo-reality" of the characters ("uncanny valley effect") and finally the strong commercial aspect that lies behind the philosophy from iClone and before getting the required stuff.

That's why I like Muvizu for the cartoon style of the characters, for the simplicity of animation and for the generosity of the Muvizu company.

For sure, there's a lot missing in both animations (lay down...) and interaction (with objects..), but from version to version its getting better and better and I'm really looking forward to the next.
30/09/2010 10:14:35

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
tripfreak wrote:
@Norrie & Dreeko,

Exactly my thoughts !

I also like Muvizu because it's different from other 3d programs.
I don't think it is necessary to implement every kind of feature like glow maps and other knick-knack to inspire people to be creative in 3D animation.

I bought iClone about 1.5 years ago, but what keeps me from publishing videos is on the one hand the harsh restrictions of the "GEMA" (Link - I can't even watch some of my own old videos), on the other the "pseudo-reality" of the characters ("uncanny valley effect") and finally the strong commercial aspect that lies behind the philosophy from iClone and before getting the required stuff.

That's why I like Muvizu for the cartoon style of the characters, for the simplicity of animation and for the generosity of the Muvizu company.

For sure, there's a lot missing in both animations (lay down...) and interaction (with objects..), but from version to version its getting better and better and I'm really looking forward to the next.

I totally agree.
30/09/2010 11:39:21

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Absolutely
People are actually making animations with Muvizu and this is because of it's wonderful simplicity and the ability to achieve tasks quickly.
Overburdening it with too many bells and whistles in an attempt to please everyone will negate this.

It's a fine balance between extending the softwares capabilities and overcomplicating but the Muvizu team seem to have it just right.
edited by toonarama on 9/30/2010
30/09/2010 14:28:18

iwansuryo
iwansuryo
Thank you very much for all of your comment. I think people have been misunderstood what I mean. The way Muvizu growing up is very amazing. And it's because the simplicity of the pipeline! But Muvizu should have option for professional animator to go beyond these software features by making export import facilities. Of course, this is important for commercial project with specific requirement beyond Muvizu capabilities. With COLLADA export, professional animator can combine this software with Carrara or even Maya, to finalize their sets. In today's 3D world, there are no single software which live in an island without ability to bridge their content with other software can live for a long time.

Many kind of software has free edition side by side with commercial edition like Google Sketchup and Google Sketchup Pro Edition. With commercial edition, then the company can support community for the long time, and nurturing their limitless creativity. I don't think about selling the content and everything inside Muvizu. It is a matter that should not be done. Muvizu Team should instead encourage users to contribute their objects and even characters (if it is possible) for free to enhance this software.

I hope you can see my point of view. I always remember my dream when I was young, that I want to become animator because of the simplicity of 3D Movie Maker. But a child's dream is very different than reality. So please understand me ......

Iwan Suryolaksono
30/09/2010 14:54:06

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Iwan
Thank you for taking time to provide an explanation. I can tell it is truly heartfelt and I do not think anyone would take it in a negative way.

I now understand what you are trying to say and can see how it could work for Muvizu as it does for other software. But I still see a difficulty in trying to "expand" the software without impacting the usability without having 2 distinct versions.

The Muvizu team have made such a good job of keeping it simple so far that they might be able to achieve what you wish for.

And I can see that professional animators may become frustrated by some aspects of the program but personally (as a very much non professional) I am just happy to have such a wonderful piece of software to play with and will happily work around any limitations.

The software is free and the output (perfectly understandably) is watermarked. I do not think the company will want to encourage export into other programs whils this is the case. A commercial version could perhaps allow export but I get the impression "visibility" is what is wanted at the present time.

all the best

Toonarama
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu Should Become Commercial Software