Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? Digimania has gone into administration

pages: 1 2 3 4 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
25/04/2017 18:56:43

zuijlen
zuijlen
Rodrisilva wrote:
Do not talk to me about alternatives like Iclone and their artificial humanoids empty of expression and where I could not find the passion that Muvizu has in itself.
Muvizu is unique and is about to die ...

It is sad.. not only for being at the threshold of Muvizu loss but above all for losing the companions of this forum.
edited by Rodrisilva on 21/04/2017

Let me say first of all that I was shocked to learn about Muvizu, and that I'm sorry for the Muvizu users. Muvizu wasn't for me, but I always considered it a sympathetic product. Hopefully a buyer can be found and so that the product will continue.

So while I understand you are upset, why trash other products? iClone users like myself have feelings too. In the hands of a talented person iClone is very capable and it is continuously improving, but it's different from Muvizu, which is only a good thing. I don't believe in animation having to look a particular way. Diversity is the key.
edited by zuijlen on 25/04/2017
25/04/2017 19:00:19

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
that was awesome Rod.. as your videos always are! But I hope that wasn't your last video in Muvizu... the software will continue to work, and a new forum has already been created in case this one vanishes.

In reality, the user's experience isn't changed a whole lot by these current events. Of course, you are the only one who can set your path in life, I hope you remain with us, as we value your friendship.

New forum will be here:
The site address is: www.anizu.co.uk
To go straight to the forum: www.anizu.co.uk/forum
25/04/2017 19:02:53

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
zuijlen wrote:
Let me say first of all that I was shocked to learn about Muvizu, and that I'm sorry for the Muvizu users. Muvizu wasn't for me, but I always considered it a sympathetic product. Hopefully a buyer can be found and so that the product will continue.
So while I understand you are upset, why trash other products? iClone users like myself have feelings too. In the hands of a talented person iClone is very capable and it is continuously improving, but it's different from Muvizu, which is only a good thing. I don't believe in animation having to look a particular way. Diversity is the key.

I'm not sure he was completely trashing iClone. However, Muvizu almost forces you to give the characters a bit of "personality" - taking some of the control away from the user as a way to make the whole film-making process simpler and faster.
With iClone, you have to manually add the elements of emotion. I agree with you that there always needs to be diversity. Neither product could have got this far if it were just a clone of something else.
25/04/2017 19:28:54

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
zuijlen wrote:

I'm not good at fights over primacy. You do not know me well enough to understand the extent of my words. If I want and I can spend time in animation I would never choose any of the programs under discussion. I would choose those the professionals use. And yes I am capable of doing it. As an amateur my time is limited so I use the tools that guarantee me better efficiency. Iclone is certainly very good. Animating avatars so similar to humans is no easy task and requires hardware features that most users do not have. Otherwise what you see is the ice faces of most Iclone videos on internet. Show me one that not suffer from that disease. A cartoon is always a cartoon. In my opinion most fun and funny. If I want to make an animated film with humans, I choose real humans. Iclone is a good business tool. You buy it and keep buying an amount of packs to complete it. Meanwhile in this frenzy of improvements the user deviate from his goal and the fever is to acquire a better machine, or another pack but none of this substantially improves the speed with which animation is produced.
I respect all forms of animation. I love the originals. In fact none of them are usually made with these programs including Muvizu itself.
25/04/2017 19:33:05

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
WOW Rod, very nice made!
25/04/2017 19:39:12

Tangledbliss
Tangledbliss
Rodrisilva wrote:
zuijlen wrote:
Rodrigues,

I do not believe you. I do not believe that will be your last movie with muvizu. We see plenty of movies that make us laugh, but no one has made movies to make us stop and think like your movies do. Please, please stay with us, and make more movies, they are special.

Muvizu will keep going I am very sure, maybe commercially or maybe just among us enthusiasts. It has limitations we all know – but you use other software with it as we all do. All the ingredients are there and it is up to us to provide the imagination to use them.

Thanks you for sharing that latest movie. Please don’t let it be the last. We have our little flower and we will all look after it.

Geoff Clarkson
25/04/2017 20:08:51

richinri
richinri
Rodrisilva wrote:
zuijlen wrote:

I'm not good at fights over primacy. You do not know me well enough to understand the extent of my words. If I want and I can spend time in animation I would never choose any of the programs under discussion. I would choose those the professionals use. And yes I am capable of doing it. As an amateur my time is limited so I use the tools that guarantee me better efficiency. Iclone is certainly very good. Animating avatars so similar to humans is no easy task and requires hardware features that most users do not have. Otherwise what you see is the ice faces of most Iclone videos on internet. Show me one that not suffer from that disease. A cartoon is always a cartoon. In my opinion most fun and funny. If I want to make an animated film with humans, I choose real humans. Iclone is a good business tool. You buy it and keep buying an amount of packs to complete it. Meanwhile in this frenzy of improvements the user deviate from his goal and the fever is to acquire a better machine, or another pack but none of this substantially improves the speed with which animation is produced.
I respect all forms of animation. I love the originals. In fact none of them are usually made with these programs including Muvizu itself.

I feel compelled to add something here. As someone that invested CONSIDERABLE money into iClone5 I can say it is a good animation program IF you have the right hardware and are aware your original investment WILL lead to more investment. Do not go by their minimum requirements. I agree with the following quote 100%: "Iclone is a good business tool. You buy it and keep buying an amount of packs to complete it. Meanwhile in this frenzy of improvements the user deviate from his goal and the fever is to acquire a better machine, or another pack but none of this substantially improves the speed with which animation is produced."
25/04/2017 20:19:18

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rodrisilva wrote:
zuijlen wrote:

Right on Rodrisilva nicely said!
edited by clayster2012 on 25/04/2017
26/04/2017 01:12:59

dltanner99
dltanner99
A core group of the Muvizu folks should look into taking the company back and developing an open source/paid version philosophy with crowdfunding. It is a good product, but could be so much better if its features and functions were available for user enhancement. So many things never made it to Muvizu, and its potential is enormous. I hate to see smaller companies at the mercy of larger ones, who invariably misunderstand or mishandle their brand and marketing. This is not Muvizu's failure. It could be made all the better if input was allowed by some very talented developers. Sad day indeed...
edited by dltanner99 on 26/04/2017
edited by dltanner99 on 26/04/2017
26/04/2017 02:32:49

thebiz75
thebiz75
Hi Muvizuers,
This is sad news and indeed I wish those involved in the change well.

I just wanted to mention that www.TMUnderground.com is a machinima/real time render/Virtual Cinema based site which has a small but active group of members, a forum, movie upload site and a Cloud based storage site tied in. Many Muvizu members have been a part of TMU over the years and we always enjoy seeing muvizu movies uploaded on the site.

As a side note TMU came about from the death of another machinima tool - "The Movies" so we've been there as well. Good luck to all and I hope to see you and your creations around.

thebiz
26/04/2017 10:01:13

WabbyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Wabby
I'm sad to read it all of that. I am not very present in the forums because I do not speak good English and especially because I have to take care of my two young children but if it is soon the end, I also wanted to tell you that the users of Muvizu form a very beautiful Community and it was really a pleasure to see your videos.

Concerning my sets in the store, it's really damaging because I thought to increase my production and offer you many new sets ... I have already worked hard to make the decorations that are in the store, and until today I did not reach the threshold of 100 pounds so I did not earn anything. I will suspend my publications.

For those interested, in a while, I will open a shop on the site CGTrader (see my website www.wabbysland.com) for the link. You will be able to can buy decors in 3D stardard formats (OBJ and FBX).

I'd also like to redo videos, but my PC is old and Muvizu crash all the time. I hoped one day to have a new computer but at that time, there may be no more Muvizu ... :-(
edited by Wabby on 26/04/2017
pages: 1 2 3 4 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? General Discussion ? Digimania has gone into administration