Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Directing animation block by block

the topic is closed
13/11/2010 11:29:38

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
I'm sure this has been kicked around before but I thought I would try and shove it to the front again, so here goes.

Directing mode as it stands can be a bit of a runaway train experience with the user having to be pretty on the ball with their clicky finger, placing animations down as best they can, moving between animation tab pages and .hopefully clicking on the right animation at the right time.

Now if we had a step by step directing mode (aswell as the mode that already exists!) that placed animation blocks down on the timeline one at a time then we could move to precise points on the timeline and click "waving hand" for instance and bang! waving hand would be placed down and the directing mode would halt until we clicked on another animation, and so on. This would be very helpfull for inserting an animation in a space on the timeline without fear of the directing mode running over the top of what follows, as is the case just now.

Ideally I would like to be able to look at the timeline and say " right I need two waving hands, 4 laughs, and 1 cough" and just go click, click, click until they are all sitting on the line ready for positioning and move them around as I see fit, which would require moving them infront of and behind each other

The directing mode that's in use just now is a good improv type mode and does allow a general animated basis to work from, but it does crreate a lot of post work and I feel a step by step/ block by block directing mode allowing accurate insertion and a timeline that has the flexibility to move the blocks back and forth, infront of and behind each other would take Muvizu another step further.

cheers

D
18/11/2010 22:55:20

inlimbo
inlimbo
Good idea.
19/11/2010 09:04:23

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
It would certainly be useful to have step by step directing mode and the ability to swap things around on the timeline. However "live" direction needs to be retained as the ability to stop a particular move "in flight" (which I have only just discovered!) allows you to produce variations on the stock animations.

Certainly though it would be nice to see the flexibility of the timeline extended (although I appreciarte that adding to this takes away from the simplicity) to allow the ordering of timeline elements to be swopped around.

Also it would be good to have the option (might be impossible) to delete an animation say and "close the space" - ie pulling all succeeding animations back.

Similarly if you could (using Dreekos suggested direction mode) insert and "push" along succeeding animations.

All sounds a bit difficult to develop to me......

all the best

Toonarama
22/11/2010 13:40:26

Than
Than
Yes agreed, i've been banging on about having a scripting mode to use as an additional option of doing these things. But I realise many would think scripting too technical for Muvizu, so your ideas would be a good alternative.

At the moment I agree directing is a bit of a hit and miss clicky and rather seat of the pants sort of thing.
It's just all a bit too real time.
I often have to re-do things many times before often accidently getting something that will do but not usually exactly what I was intending.

This I feel is by far the single biggest flaw in the product which is otherwise an absolutely fabulous product.

Of course as said here I would not want to ditch the current way, just provide some extra control when required.
22/11/2010 13:45:54

Than
Than
Also would be nice if there is a way to adjust the character walking/running speed, as I find it hard to move my mouse around at the right speed. Somethimes my character ends up running when I wanted him walking and visa-versa.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Directing animation block by block