Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? New Tutorial Vids

the topic is closed
08/12/2010 10:59:15

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Some of the testers are going to be working on producing new Tutorial Videos while the Engine Upgrade is being done by the Devs - so I was just wondering are there any requests?
08/12/2010 11:11:31

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
in depth object animation ones........
08/12/2010 11:44:54

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
That's what I was thinking - I would personally like to make one that has more detail about rotation points - but I just wanted to see if there was anything that a few people wanted us to cover.
08/12/2010 11:58:33

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
I am trying to decide what tutorial still to do guys. So far I have came up with.

*how subtle lighting, depth of field and focal length can change the whole mood of your video
*greenscreen muvizu characters onto a video (either using after effects, nuke or fusion. take your pick)
*import models from modo into muvizu

I might do them all if i have time but does anyone have a preference? or is there any other ones you can think of?
08/12/2010 12:38:21

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
i think whatever you guys do i would do 'in detail' vids....

instead of "heres a box being animated" actually have a context for it.....so do a simple car chase or something....

Claires lighting one is a great idea aswell, hopefully this will bring good lighting to the masses.....lighting is SO important and its kinda neglected a bit.
08/12/2010 16:00:30

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
I will be putting one up soon to show the use of a camera's output as a texture within Muvizu - skies and water.

I was also planning to do one about adding subtitles, or start and end credits as well as one on green screen using AVI Synth and Virtual Dub.

Any requests would be good though!

--
Direct, don't animate!
08/12/2010 20:18:28

inlimbo
inlimbo
An advanced lighting tutorial would be very valuable! Something that would cover exterior lighting, then interior lighting, and possibly where they both meet: windows. Another area to cover would be lighting for different times of the day. And also how we can shoot day for night....wait a minute!

All of your other ideas sound great. The green screen etc. Maybe a short one on how to open a door with the new system.

But what I really feel I need is a tutorial that deals with animating a character through a little sequence of mood changes, gestures, walking and sitting. Basically, something that shows common pitfalls and how to avoid them!

For instance, I don't know if it's a bug with the new version but sometimes when I set a character's initial state to stand, and then have them sit they will stand up a few moments later, or they won't for several moments, but they will right at an inconvenient time. Other times I will animate one of the poses, and if they walk soon after they awkwardly carry that pose in the walk. I know you split the upper and lower body on purpose, but there has to be a way to reset the upper body to cleanse the palate so that the walk isn't a stiff held position. Okay it looks like I'm sneaking How To questions into this tutorial thread! I'll stop and post some of this over in that section. But I still say a day in the life of an animated sequence Tutorial would be a good one.

Thank you.

__
edited by inlimbo on 08/12/2010
09/12/2010 15:31:19

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
I have came across a nice explaination of 3 point lighting using muvizu on http://www.forum.cgshite.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=704
Author is Hermit, I wonder if that is the same Hermit we have on this site?
09/12/2010 22:20:00

inlimbo
inlimbo
Thanks for the link. After trying to think of other nuanced tutorials in addition to lighting, I realized something. If you make a series of tutorials that cross over into the subject of film making itself, through the use of Muvizu of course, you are bound to get internet traffic that was not previously looking for Muvizu.
Just random people looking to learn about film will show up on your door and get hooked. Some won't, but some will.
10/12/2010 09:05:11

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
The current tutorials (in combination with the intuitivity of the program) make it very easy to get started with Muvizu but I think it is much more difficult to make the next step up.
The Muvizu functionality is clearly aimed at allowing a beginner to get up and running very quickly but as a result is more limited when you want greater control/flexibility. Nonetheless some of the more skilful users have managed to workaround these limitations so it can be done.

Therefore tutorials that show how you can creatively use Muvizu to extend it's apparent capabilities would certainly be useful.

thanks

Mick
10/12/2010 11:09:58

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Is there a way to make the screen display go back to a sensible view? I keep pressing the wrong buttons and end up not having a view on screen that is the same as any of the camera views. No matter how many times I press left / right mouse buttons or move the mouse about, I can spend a long time trying to get a sensible view. Also I'd like to be able to right select an object or character that is behind another, to move it.
Thank you for the best program I have ever used!
edited by chuckles on 10/12/2010
10/12/2010 12:09:43

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
chuckles wrote:
Is there a way to make the screen display go back to a sensible view?

Slightly off-topic for this thread, but hey, I'll roll with it.

Could you define "sensible view"? It seems a bit arbitrary.
edited by Neil on 10/12/2010
10/12/2010 12:19:37

toonarama
Neil wrote:
chuckles wrote:

I know i have had similar problems and for me a "sensible view" could be to be able to move to the same view as a selected camera?

I tend to use the scene window then select a character then use "M" or "L" (I think)
10/12/2010 12:52:35

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
toonarama wrote:
I know i have had similar problems and for me a "sensible view" could be to be able to move to the same view as a selected camera?

I tend to use the scene window then select a character then use "M" or "L" (I think)

It's not quite what you're after, but you can also right-click a camera's view in the camera window and your viewpoint will move to that camera.
10/12/2010 13:33:04

toonarama
Neil wrote:

It's not quite what you're after, but you can also right-click a camera's view in the camera window and your viewpoint will move to that camera.

No, that is a great tip and will save me a lot of time for when i go awol

thank you Neil
11/12/2010 08:12:41

chuckles
toonarama wrote:
Neil wrote:
chuckles wrote:

11/12/2010 08:14:26

chuckles
By sensible view, I mean a view of most of the "Set" from the front, but not too far away.
22/12/2010 12:47:13

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Afternoon folks,

I have just finished a hints & tips video about opening doors using object movement - feedback is always welcome.

Take care,
-Jim

25/12/2010 14:36:21

lchicker
lchicker
claireq wrote:
I am trying to decide what tutorial still to do guys. So far I have came up with.

*greenscreen muvizu characters onto a video (either using after effects, nuke or fusion. take your pick)
*import models from modo into muvizu

Hi Clair, my vote goes for greenscreen. That would be great.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? New Tutorial Vids