Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? free range features!

the topic is closed
25/02/2011 14:00:14

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Hello again
Yip another suggestion...free range features

What am i talking about? Well i've just watched Emily's new clip which included a sheep with moving eyes and i assume this was created using a green screen method, but if we had the ability to take facial features which were independent of a character and use them more like objects ie placing them where ever we wanted them, then users could easily import any object and position eyes, mouths, ears etc. onto them and have some more flexibility with creating some new characters like Emily's sheep and if the free range facial features (eyes and mouth) included the ability to be animated in the same way as they are just now (eye direction and lip-sync) then talking sheep, fish, toasters, angry oranges or whatever we wanted would be at our finger tips.
Granted they would be static without any bodily animations but it would still be cool to have and save a lot of faffing about with green screen .....Oh and it might cut down on the number of dragon requests too!

cheers

D
25/02/2011 14:08:58

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
But I thought it was an octupus you were after?!

Make up your mind!

The vid that you are talking about used nothing as sophisticated as green screen.

I simply yoinked a sheep off Google SketchUp, and with a little help from Jim, I messed with the collision so that the blob character could hide away inside the sheep.

I adjusted the blob's eyes so that they were popping way out of his head.
You can see his belly moving a little if you look carefully.

Try it for yourself!
25/02/2011 14:09:47

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Oops - and yes it's a cool feature request. I was chatting with Barry about that the other day. We'll see...
25/02/2011 14:19:43

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
a good feature to have would be to have an "invisible man" feature.........

so you can set opacity for objects and chars etc so you could have the char invisible but still see his hat and eyes or whatever.....
25/02/2011 14:25:18

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
That bang that you just heard was Dave's head exploding.

edited by glasgowjim on 25/02/2011
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? free range features!